Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ocean ❯ Chapter 5 The Task at Hand ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5 The Task at Hand
 
“Ahhhhh!”
 
Ashe screamed as she flew backwards from a powerful kick from her opponent. Her stomach was burnt from the kick, and she was finding it hard to keep going after such a powerful blow. It had knocked it off her feet, but she could not fail the people on board the train. After all she still had to get to know the young man on board, but as she smiled her opponent began to speak. “You still smile; you are going to lose you weak little spec… you will be crushed by Deerburn the Gazelleroid.”
 
“You are way to overconfident… I have to protect a lot of things, plus does not hurt that I will get rewarded for all of this. If I die now then now one would remember my name, and everyone will remember me for all time!”
 
“You pathetic human; you are just a girl, and you will not stand in the way of our plan!”
 
Deerburn lifted his arm and started to fire arrows in rapid succession at Ashe, who quickly dodged to the side and started running away and out of the line of fire. Quickly she ran out of the path of Deerburn's fiery attacks but he was fast as he was strong.
 
A pair of boomerangs was thrown at Ashe with merciless intent. She dashed forward to escape the first one, but not before first one cut off her path. She was so startled that she stopped running and backed up against the wall. Her enemy took aim right for a killing blow to her face. Ashe blocked her face with her arms when she heard the fire arrow leave the barrel, but there was no pain or heat.
 
Instead she felt a freezing cold presence and she slowly let her hands fall from in front of her face to see the back of Levius. He had blocked the arrow with a massive wall of ice in front of him. Ashe could not help but smile at the sight of this guy being her hero. “Thanks; you have some skills and I will have to repay you for helping me like this.”
 
Ashe finished with a wink of her eye, but she had not noticed another female had also entered the battle. “Excuse me, but Levius is my fiancé and you can stop flirting with him now!, besides you cannot compete with me…”
 
The sweet female voice made a chill run down Ashe's spine, and she slowly looked over to see the other girl. She did not look amused to see Ashe flirting with what must have been her guy. Surprisingly to Ashe this girl was not just a pretty face, and the long spear in her hand made that point clear. “You better stop flirting with him if you want our help…”
 
“What makes you think I need `your' help; I would not want such a pretty little thing to break a nail.”
 
Celestia backed up and let her guard down, and she now had a beef with Ashe. The two girls were working together like water and oil. Both girls were ready to tear into the other till an explosion came from their side and Levius went flying back into the wall. Both girls rushed over to help him up, and Levius was struggling from the blow. “Would you both stop this; we need to beat this thing, not each other.”
 
Celestia was first to help Levius up off the ground, and she was surprised to see her guy knocked down so easily. “Levis are you alright; there is no way he is stronger then you.”
 
“This maverick is not, but I could not it hurt you… It is hard to fight when I have to protect both of you from this thing and each other. Now let us defeat this; I have slain many mavericks in my days, and this one will be no different. This I can promise you now…”
 
Suddenly Deerburn left his defensive ready stance and stood up tall and proud. Ashe let her guard down, and failed to take notice that her enemy was speaking. She was piecing together the information she had learned, but it was hard to believe that this guy had experience with mavericks. “I'm no mere Maverick, human… I am so much more then that, and I will not be defeated by two young girls and some human who has no power.”
 
Levius had already studied his opponent and was at a disadvantage; these flames were strong. After so many years technology was getting better and better, and these flames were amazingly hot. Levius loved being a hero to Celestia, and he would not admit that he would lose to this enemy.
 
Protecting the girls took most of the liquids from his body, and this place was rubbing any advantage he normally had. It was aboard a speeding metal train, and it carried no water or supplies, and in the dry desert too. There was no moisture left, and Levius dropped to his knees clenching his chest in pain and gasping for any liquids from his parched throat and Celestia dropped with him. “Levius what is wrong…”
 
Ashe however turned to see Deerburn aiming to take Levius down with a fiery blast. Even with the strict female warning of her territory, Ashe was not going to give up. Quickly she fired off bullets at Deerburn with tremendous speed from both her guns to distract the machine.
 
Deerburn was burning up with rage, and snorted out of rage at the young girl who was doing damage to him. He jumped up high into the air, after a few seconds of charge time he let loose a furious over powered diving kick. However Ashe had seen this before and smiled at her opponent, next she jumped back onto the wall and pushed off just when Deerburn's kick got close.
 
Ashe leapt over Deerburn firing small energy bullets on the top of her enemy. Deerburn turned to see that Ashe had already charged one of her guns, but Deerburn was not going to be defeated. Ashe fired the long charged beam from her weapons, and her enemy leapt into the air and charged his next kick, but then he felt a presence behind him. He turned to see Ashe attack homing in on his chest, and he let lose one last scream.
 
The attack pierced and tore through Deerburn's chest leaving and small pieces of metal broke through his back side. He landed on the ground, and he could feel that this was the end and now he had to end by saying a few last things. “So you do have some potential, but you will never stop our plan… to create the ultimate Megaman!!!”
 
Energy sparked between sides in Deerburn's chest, and small explosions broke apart his armor from his body. Finally he lost control, and a massive explosion blew the once powerful robot to pieces. Ashe shielded her eyes, and when the explosion passed, she flipped her guns on a couple of finger showing off her skill, and then finally holstered then while she smiled to Levius. “Told you; I can handle myself just fine, but thanks for the help.”
 
Celestia was still not amused at the relentless attempts of Ashe to get her Levius on her side. Then she tuned back into Theus's panting, and she figured out that this environment was doing him in. “I'm so sorry I did not realize it sooner Theus… you must be dehydrated after all you did to protect us. Thank you so much for being so considerate, next time I will do my part…”
 
It was quite the mood change too Ashe, but even her blood was boiling when Celestia moved in and kissed him. It lasted a while, and Ashe did not like the expression of love between these two, and then Celestia spoke after the kiss ended. “There, is that better my love…?”
 
The sweet sounding question nearly set Ashe off on a rampage, but then something glowing came out of Deerburn's remains. Ashe turned as the glowing orb traveled over to her and melded with her armor. She could feel a new energy inside her, but she had no idea what it was and neither did Celestia or Levius. Ashe looked herself over but nothing was different, and then she posed the question to anyone. “Umm… What just happened…?”
 
Levius had not designed this model, and thought back to what hero from the past it could be. He remembered a certain loud mouthed hunter that fight with X, but if he said anything it could give away more then he wanted anyone to know at this point. “Come on how can you not know your new partners abilities? Any enemy you beat will get copied by you; go ahead give it a try, just think about what you want to become?”
 
Ashe was a little unsure, but she laughed just a little before she decided how to respond. “Okay partner; this should be pretty interesting…”
 
Right away Ashe went to concentrating on Deerburn, and everything about him till she got him in her mind. A bright flash shot out from Ashe's armor, and in an instant she was gone and Deerburn was back with the same look. However it was Ashe inside and she looked her new copied body over but she felt like she was entirely machine. “Wow; this is pretty weird like all my skin is gone… but now I'm totally hot right?”
 
The question had a playful tone, but it was Deerburn's voice that was saying it. Both Levius and Celestia were so intrigued by this ability, it was an amazing ability that was very impressive. Ashe then jumped up using Deerburn's powerful legs, and used the powerhouse kick to break some thick debris nearby. Then she changed back to her normal Model A form and smiled as she spoke. “Oh yeah; this is some awesome booty alright; definitely going to have fun with this!”
 
Levius just started to double over in pain from lack of moisture, and Celestia then did not care about her feud with Ashe. “Please we have to get him out of this environment now! Please we have to get him to somewhere he can recover right away.”
 
“Yeah; I will go get us back to the hunter base right away…”
 
Ashe left immediately and went to the engine room, while Celestia moved her betrothed into the shade. She could deal with Ashe later, but later would have to wait. She started to look over Levius to make sure he was completely out of the sun. “Are you alright; I'll take care of you don't worry okay?”
 
He nodded and then closed his eyes and started to rest his body and preserve his strength. The train suddenly slowed to a stop, and then started moving the other direction and back to the hunters base. Celestia was glad, but wished for some water but there was not much in the cargo hold that was of any use, and so Celestia went back and sat next to Levius and started to rest her head on Levius's shoulder and get some rest herself.
 
Ashe had just set the train to autopilot and was now taking some time to let herself rest. Then she looked over her shoulder to see a canteen of water, and she immediately grabbed it for Levius. Then she thought about how serious the two were, and lost her smile. She never had anyone who had complimented her on her looks, and she never really thought about love, and maybe she should just give up.
 
“What's the matter Ashe; if you are going to go for it then go for it. Come on partner lets get what we want right?”
 
Ashe lost the frown and looked up to Model A's telekinetic voice. “I never though you liked guys Model A.”
 
“It's not that, it's just that I want you to get what you want, because if you are happy then so am I. You just promise to not abandon me, and I will help you any way I can. If you want him then go for him, and if you two are meant to be together then he will come to you.”
 
Ashe thought it over for a second and then that happy smile returned to her face. “Alright; I will give it my best… thanks partner!”