MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Six: Moving Time ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yatta, this fic has a nice fan following. Its fun writing this, especially since I have writer's block on a lot of my other stories. Anyway I love you all, keep sending emails. As always: Rukato and megaman/Digimon crossovers Rock.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Six: Moving Time

      "You know..." a voice said trailing off, Henry glared up panting heavily. He had run more then he should he supposed, but it seemed to him it had been worth it.

      Sitting on a wooden stool was a human like robot with messy brown hair and startling crimson eyes; humor seemed to dance in them. This was Takato, also known as Protoman to the world.

      It was at this time Henry could almost forget that Takato was no longer human; but he couldn't forget... he easily remembered that his friend's real body was dead.

      "I missed this," Takato said smiling, Henry had to smile and inwardly was glad Takato had decided not to tease him anymore. As it was he was exhausted, he didn't think he could chase his friend again.

      "Yeah, it's been years since we've done it," Henry said and leaned against a wall, neither of them said the reason of why they hadn't. Takato was suppose to be dead... well he was dead just in another body, and no one knew he was Protoman.

      "Did... did, lots of people miss me?" Takato suddenly asked, startled Henry looked up and was surprised to see a far off look on the robot's face.

      "Of course Takato, what made you think we wouldn't," Henry said in shock, Takato sighed.

      "It's just that I wondered that a lot. All I've had for five years is fighting and enslavement to my own grandfather; its just felt as if no one has cared about me or even missed me," Takato whispered, Henry frowned and then smiled.

      He couldn't tell Takato what Wily was planning, but he wouldn't allow his friend to fall into the glums.

      "Well wonder no longer Takato, I care, and I know that a lot of people still miss you in Shinjuku. Think about it, we both grew up there, we both belong there," Henry told him, Takato slowly smiled at the blue haired teen.

      "Thanks henry, I just wish I could be free... but that's just a dream and I know it," Takato said with a wistful smile, Henry's eyebrow twitched... why did it seem that Takato wanted to remain sad.

      ~Slap~

      "..." Takato said holding his cheek, Henry in fact had slapped him back to his senses. Now back in reality he touched his cheek, it hadn't hurt him like it would have had he been human but it had surprised him.

      "You idiot, stop moping around and do something about it. Freedom isn't just handed to you on a silver platter; you have to work on it. You should be happy that your even alive, now buck up and stop acting like a baka," Henry shouted.

      As the blue haired teen shouted these words he said them right into Takato's face whose eyes became large in shock, Henry's hands were clenched into fists his knuckles white.

      Finally Henry ran out of steam and stood there panting, he also glared at Takato.

      "I'm sorry," Takato suddenly said, this took Henry back and he saw a familiar look in Takato's eyes... one he hadn't seen since before that final battle against D-Reaper.

      "For what?" Henry said; Takato smiled.

      "For being an idiot obviously, also for not trying hard enough. It's just so easy to fall into depression, I've missed so many things so very much," Takato said softly, Henry smiled.

      "Your forgiven," Henry said, Takato grinned.

      "Now lets figure out on how to get me free, it's going to be especially hard to break the loyalty programs and such," Takato said, Henry nodded.

      "We have a lot of planning to do," Henry said, Takato could only agree.

***

      "Are you ready?" Megaman asked, at the moment the blue bomber was leaning against a wall while looking down at a creature that looked like a cross between a rabbit and a dog.

      This creature was in fact Terriermon, partner to Henry Wong... at the moment the rookie level digimon was looking ready for anything.

      "Momentai, of course I'm ready," Terriermon said raising a small clawed paw, his dark eyes shone with energy.

      "Yup Yup!" Rush yelled, Terriermon rolled his eyes... did the robotic dog have to sound so weird every time he spoke.

      "You two be careful while searching for Henry, hopefully you'll be able to find him," Roll said smiling, her blond hair seemed to shine in the room's artificial lights.

      "Well, lets go," Megaman said, Rush glowed and transformed to his jet mode. Seconds later Megaman stood on him with Terriermon on his shoulder, the trio had serious looks on their faces.

      "We're on our way," Megaman said, and with that they flew out through an access shoot built for easy access outside.

***

      Rika sighed as she sat down on a park bench, she didn't know why she had come to this area of Japan today... but she knew that there had to be a reason for it.

      Around her was one of the small parks of this area, as the world advanced places like this were harder to find... at least if you weren't rich. A sad thought came to her, she knew that Takato would of loved this park, he and his child like dragon digimon would have been overjoyed by its beauty.

      "Takato... always did love nature," Rika whispered, she touched her chest over her heart. Since his death she had always felt an ache in her heart; yet lately, it had seemed to have vanished.

      In the distance; she saw the huge buildings of this city, it was so different this little place of nature.

      With that in mind Rika got up and started jogging the paths out of the park, in the city there would be less memories of him... her gogglehead.

***

      Takato stiffened a bit as the door to the lab opened, in stepped the white haired balding man known as Wily... his grandfather.

      The man's hard eyes looked over the two of them; then a smirk came to the inventors face.

      "Protoman suit up," Wily ordered, Takato nodded and recalled his armor. Once again he was Protoman, yet something told him; that the changes made by that program; had not been reversed by recalling his armor.

      "Protoman you will be leaving to another base within the city in twenty minutes, you will be taking Henry there and guarding him there," Wily ordered, Protoman nodded.

      He knew what base Wily was talking about, the old man had been building it and just completed it a few weeks ago. What the purpose of this lab was he didn't know, but he didn't question... questions could lead to more programs making him so loyal to Wily he wouldn't have a free thought.

      "Yes sir, are there any other orders?" he asked, the scientist looked thoughtful.

      "No not as yet Proto, just make sure Henry is secure before the transfer," Wily said, Protoman nodded and turned to look at a computer screen that had a map of the city.

      What he didn't notice was Wily placing a packet of labeled disks on a table with a nod to Henry, or the fact that Henry took them and his them within his clothing.

      "This sucks," Protoman said turning to henry, Henry just nodded.

***

      High in the sky a red and blue figure flew, stronger then any human and able to leap buildings in a single bound.

      Opps my mistake it was three figures, one was white, one was a robotic dog and the other was a blue robot... and none of them could leap over a building in a single bound.

      Sorry, but superman doesn't exist in this dimension. ((FH laughs))

      "Do you see anything?" Terriermon asked Megaman, the blue bomber could only sigh.

      "Nothing, I only wish I knew why Wily wanted Henry," Megaman said confused, Terriermon could only agree.

      Also there was another reason he was out here, other then looking for Henry of course. He wanted to meet Protoman again, not for revenge... thank you no; being shot once was enough.

      He wanted to figure something out, something was so familiar about the red and gray robot... it was almost as if he had met Protoman before... but that had to be impossible.

      'And why am I thinking of Takato so much since Henry was kidnapped' Terriermon thought sadly, he had started to think he was mostly over the goggle headed boys death.

      It was at that moment that the rookie digimon looked down, his eyes widened and ten he blinked.

      "Rika," he said surprised, Megaman looked at him.

      "Who's Rika?" the blue robot asked, Terriermon grinned and pointed to a sidewalk below.

      "See that red head girl down below, the one wearing purple sunglasses," Terriermon said, Megaman nodded. "That's Rika," the bunny digimon said.

      "Oh, should we speak to her?" Megaman asked, Terriermon sweatdropped... would Rika be scary towards him if Mega was there... he hoped not.

      "Yeah, might as well," Terriermon told him, Megaman nodded.

      "Okay Rush, lets go," Megaman said; with a ruff Rush began flying down to where a certain digimon queen jogged.

      "Hey Rika!" Terriermon called once they were near enough to be heard; the red head looked up with an annoyed face at hearing his voice but it quickly turned to surprise at seeing his company.

      "You have got to be kidding Rabbitmon," Rika sighed, Terriermon only grinned until he heard what she had called him.

      "Hey" He called angrily; she only smirked.

      'Why do I have a feeling she's going to send Renamon after me when I'm away from Megaman' he thought, he gave a nervous little laugh... please don't let it be one of those days.

***

      Henry frowned as he looked around; the new place he was being kept at wasn't much. Actually it was very boring, the only reason he wasn't bored out of his mind was that Protoman had thought ahead to bring his gameboy system.

      Inside his pocket he could feel the disks Wily had left for him, they had planned this... but he had no idea of what would happen next.

      During the time Protoman had been shut down and they installed the program and device into Proto, Wily had told him of these disks. They contained the specs on Protoman; and information on how he had transferred Takato's mind into a robotic body.

      He had said he would give then to Henry at a specific time, they would prove to DR. Light or anyone else that Protoman should not be destroyed... he should be given a chance to truly live.

      Yet... what would he do with it, he truly didn't know how to get Proto to break all those programs in him. And then they would have to escape, but there was a good chance Protoman would be destroyed on sight.

      Henry had a feeling: that Protomans programs were already to starting to be destroyed by Proto's unconscious mind. That would explain many things, and it was also a good thing.

      "This place is really quiet," Henry said looking up from the game, Protomon nodded not looking up from a magazine he was reading. Henry sweatdropped at this, he knew Protoman had brought many things with them... but where he kept them was a mystery.

      'Probably the same place as his armor' Henry thought, finally bored of games he passed the game things back to proto where they seemingly disappeared.

      "What are you reading?" Henry asked bored, Protoman looked up his expressions hidden by his helmet.

      Without a word his friend passed it to him, he sweatdropped at what the magazine was of.

      'Robots Weekly' it read, a magazine for robots apparently.

      "Funny, I wonder why he only sent me here to guard you Henry... I'm the only one other then you here," Protoman finally said, Henry blinked at this and realized this was what had actually kept his friend so occupied.

      "I don't know," he said shrugging, but in fact he did... this was another part of Wily's plan to free Takato from his control. Yet... he had a feeling, that Wily would have to do something pretty awful to free Protoman's mind completely.

      And that chilled him.

      It was at that moment the bases communicator went off, Wily's face appeared on its screen.

      "Protoman," Wily said, quickly the red and gray robot got up and walked to its screen.

      "Yes sir, what do you need?" Protoman asked in a bored sort of voice yet it was also very sarcastic, at that point Henry made a mental note to keep Terriermon away from Takato... Terriermon was sarcastic enough as it was without letting Protoman teaching him more smart mouth insults and such.

      "I am finished with what I need Henry for, I order you to kill him and dispose of his body," Wily ordered, with that the screen went blank and silence filled the base.

      "Takato," Henry whispered fearfully as his robotic friend stood still not turning around, he knew Takato had to follow that order. He knew that Wily wanted Takato free, yet this meant it would take his death to do it... not the way he wanted to it end.

      Finally the red and gray robot turned around his face stony and unemotional, Henry gulped sweat pouring down his face.

      Protomans hand had disappeared and his blaster out and powered up, Henry braced himself for death... he only hoped that Takato wouldn't hate himself from this day.

      Henry easily forgave his friend, Takato was controlled... but this didn't mean he like the idea of his friend forced to murder him like that.

      Protoman shot, Henry closed his eyes waiting for it to strike him and kill him.

<><><TBC><><>

Next Time: Rolls Voice- Things are interesting at the moment, Protoman is on the run from Wily and Wily's robots of all things. Battles are being fought, and if we don't hurry it will be the end of Protoman.

FH: No flames, of course I'd end this chapter evilly with that type of cliffending. But don't worry people, I like the bunny tamer too much to actually kill him off.

R.Calumon: What she means is, she can't let her favorite goggleboy kill his best friend... she likes him too much to have that on his conscious.

Bass (yes the one from the megaman game): Until next time people, and how in the world did I end up here... FH please don't grab me from the game again.

FH: Evil laughter

Ja Ne