MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Twelve: Biomerges... wha... I thought that was over ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Frowns; tilts head and sighs. A real good person who helps with my megaman stories said Protoman has a whistle sound before he shows, head goes down... now I have to watch all the episodes again so I know what's he talking about.

Note: More digimon stuff this chapter, I realized that this fic was becoming more megaman then digimon... so here is some more digimon stuff to balance it.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Twelve: Biomerges... wha... I thought that was over

There was silence, yes lots of silence... all that was heard was a few birds that hadn't flown off because of the fighting.

"Ahhh... that feels so much better, so much less stress," Protoman said cheerfully, the crowd's sweatdropped at the cheerful robot who all still considered evil.

"What?" Protoman said looking at the crowd, they were just all staring at him... crickets chirped.

"Nothing," someone squeaked, then like scared rabbits they sped out of there.

"What's their problem?" Protoman asked himself confused, at that moment he heard the sound of megaman waking up.

'Bout time' he thought with a shrug, he then walked to where a barely conscious Megaman lay.

"..." Megaman said; as he tried to get up, electrical sparks still went over his body due to Darkmans attack.

"Now that has got to hurt," Protoman said as Megaman fell once again.

"A little help would be nice," Megaman said a little sharply, Protoman grinned.

"Nah, I have other things to do," the red robot said, he put his arms behind his head and started to walk away. Megaman didn't see the large grin on Protomans face.

"PROTOMAN!" Megaman shouted.

Protoman laughed and walked over to the blue bomber, he looked down and grinned.

"You have no sense of humour bro," he said, if Megaman had been able to at that moment he would of put his 'brother' in a headlock.

"You so act like a two year old," Megaman muttered.

------

"I can't believe Protoman is alive," Timothy gasped, at the moment the two scientists were looking out a window at the scene below.

"..." Light replied, thankfully the other scientist was too occupied to notice Lights frown.

"Anyway," Timothy said turning to light. "I'll send all my data to you tonight, then you can look over it at your leisure," the scientist said.

"Thank you, now you must excuse me so I can track down the boys," Light said, Timothy nodded.

"Go ahead, I only hope there okay after Wily's robots were in the building," Timothy said frowning.

"I'm sure there fine," Light replied, with that he turned around and ran for the elevator once out of sight.

'I hope Megaman is okay' Light thought with concern, he had seen the blue bomber hit by a strong attack by Darkman.

------

"He'll be alright... right?" Protoman asked as he set Megaman on a metal table, Light quickly began to look over the damage.

"Megaman will be fine," Light replied.

"Can you please stop talking like I'm not here," Megaman said in an annoyed voice, Light and Protoman grinned.

"Sorry son, didn't mean to annoy you," Light said, Megaman sighed.

"I forgive you," Megaman replied, the blue bomber would have said more but he door to the lab flew open and two figures ran in.

One was the familiar blond form of Roll; the other was the familiar robotic canine Rush.

"Mega, are you okay... we heard about the battle on the news," Roll called in concern; Mega gave a small smile.

"I'll be fine, especially as soon as Doctor Light starts fixing me," Megman replied, the two gave a relieved sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness," Roll breathed.

"Where's Protoman," Rush asked, startled Megaman turned to see that Protoman was no longer standing beside him.

"I didn't see him leave," Megaman said in surprise.

"I wonder where he went," Roll said curious.

"I think he has some things to think over, after all the world just found out he isn't dead like everyone thought," Light said, Megaman blinked.

"I guess so," Megaman said thoughtfully.

'I have a feeling its going to take me a long time to understand Protoman' Megaman thought.

------

The sky was now dark; the sun had set a few hours ago.

He knew they must be worried about him now, but he couldn't go back at the moment.

Protoman sighed from where he sat; the red robot was sitting on top of the streetlight on an abandoned street. The light in it flickered softly now and then; it cast an eerie look to the area.

He stared at the ebony night sky; small stars twinkled ever just slightly.

"So beautiful... yet so fragile," Protoman whispered, his form glowed and once again he became Takato.

"For five years I've wished to be free and to go back to being me again, not Protoman... not a robot... just Takato," Takato whispered.

"Yet... I'm free now, even if I did loose my human body. Everything in this world is beautiful yet so damn fragile, I feel like I'd break everything, just with a touch," Takato whispered, he swung his legs slightly under his perch on the streetlight... at least twenty feet from the ground.

"Why did I do it, why did I armour up and fight again... why did I let the world see I still exist," Takato asked himself confused.

'Why had he, I should have let the world continue thinking Protoman was dead... destroyed never to hurt or fight again' Takato thought.

'Because I had too' he finally answered himself, if he hadn't Megaman... someone he considered a brother would have been destroyed... killed.

"When did my life get so complicated," Takato sighed.

Seconds later Takato was gone from the streetlight heading for home, seconds later the streetlight flickered and finally died.

------

It was early morning and Takato sat silently in the living room of Light household, in front of him Television showed a newscast of the sight megaman and himself had fought Wily’s bots yesterday.

“The world is in shock at the startling revelation that the robot known as Protoman is still in operation, there is still no information on how he survived... this is Liana Trovitze signing off,” the news lady said, with that the news went on to other matter and Takato turned the TV off.

‘Well, everyone knows I’m back now’ Takato thought with a sigh, looking at the time he saw he still had plenty of time till school started that day.

“Wonder how Mega’s doing,” Takato said with a frown, when he had gotten back to the house hours after leaving Light had been locked in the lab with Megaman still.

With that in mind the crimson eyed robot walked silently towards the lab, thankfully Roll wasn’t there to stop him... she had fgone to do some errands earlier around town.

Finally he arrived, he smiled finding that the door was unlocked.

Grinning now he pulled the door open, he stepped inside a slightly cooler room. Looking around he quickly located Megaman, his blue counterpart was in a sleep mode on a table while recharging.

“He’s fine,” a voice said softly, startled Takato spun around ready to armour up.

“Oh, its you,” Takato said in relief, for standing there was no other then Dr. Light who looked like he hadn’t gotten much sleep.

“Who else would it be,” Light joked, Takato had to crack a grin at that.

“How badly damaged was he?” Takato asked concerned.

“Most of the damage was to some internal wires, they got fried by Darkman’s attack... it just took most of the night to replace them,” Light said, Takato sighed in relief and placed a hand on Megaman’s armour.

“I’ve lost so much over time, I gained a brother in Mega...” Takato whispered softly, to his surprise Dr. Light placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Megaman’s tough and he won’t vanish on you Takato, you have to relax and not be so paranoid son,” Light told him, Takato smiled at that.

“I’ll do my best sir, but its hard to relax... for years I’ve had to watch my back and one wrong move could mean the trash heap,” Takato explained.

“You do that Takato, now why don’t you wait here... Megaman should be waking from his sleep mode in a few minutes... then you two can get ready for school,” Light told him, Takato made a face at the mention of school.

“Yes sir,” he finally said with a sigh, Light smiled and walked out of the room.

------

In another area a grey haired man stared silently at a screen, on it were images of Protoman fighting.

“Takato... I freed you... but still you fight,” Wily said, he closed his eyes and sighed.

He opened his eyes as he heard someone entering his office.

“Yes,” he said, he turned and glared at whoever it was.

“Sir, your package has arrived,” Cutman said, he looked nervous due to the death glare sent his way.

“Good,” Wily said getting up, but he wished that the package had arrived a bit earlier... say some weeks ago when Protoman was still there.

In the package were weapon upgrades for protoman, as it was the package was quiet late... all due to the fact the mail people had a strike.

“If they worked for me, I’d fire them,” Wily muttered, Cutman looked at Wily weirdly but said nothing... it wasn’t the first time Wily had spoken out loud of something he was thinking and no one knew what he was speaking about.

------

Megaman known to many as the blue bomber came awake instantly the moment his sleep mode ended, his sapphire eyes opened and blinked.

“Takato?” he said surprised, for standing there with a slight concerned look was Protoman looking totally human.

“Welcome back to the land of the living,” Takato said with a grin.

“Ha ha,” Megaman said dryly, Takato grinned even more.

“As much fun as this is bro, Dr. Light reminded me we have school today,” Takato said, Megaman groaned and sat up... after yesterday he wasn’t exactly up to the thought of school.

“Greeeat,” Megaman drawled out, seconds later he stood in his human mode.

“Hey, you got it easy... I’m in high school,” Takato said with a glare, Rock just glared back.

“Boys, breakfast is ready,” Called Dr. Light, they stared a moment more at each other then ran for the dining room.

------

“The barrier between the world have become thinner,” a voice said darkly, the owner smirked.

“The humans thought they heard the last of us years ago, the tamers must have grown week with no one to load data from,” another said.

“Yes, that might be true... but remember they have partners... Tamers. If we wish to become powerful our self we must move quickly and find our own partners, then we can destroy all in our path,” the first said again, dark laughter filled the area.

------

Rock Light also known as Megaman sighed as he walked into his classroom, the sky was now a misty grey colour and the scent of rain was in the air.

‘Rain, why does it always rain on school days’ Rock thought grumpily, from what he could tell the weather seemed to gleefully get worse on school days... he bet after school it would be pouring.

Thanks goodness he had a ride home with Dr. light.

“Rocky,” a voice called cheerfully, startled Rock looked up to see a familiar smiling face. Angela stood there her hazel eyes shining; her brown hair was tied into a high ponytail.

“Hi Angela,” Rock said smiling, he had forgotten she was in this class, she was also the one who had shared lunch with him the first day after a bully had taken his.

“I saved a seat for you,” she smiled, Rock nodded... if he had been human the robotic teen would have been blushing by now. It wasn’t often a beautiful girl talked to a newbi, and he was definitely a newbi to school.

“Thanks,” he replied, he walked over and sat down.

“How was your weekend?” Angela asked curious, at that question Rock had to think fast for... he couldn’t exactly/ tell her his activities as Megaman. But, he could tell her of the things he did with Takato and Dr. Light.

“Oh, quality time with my brother and family,” Rock answered truthfully, Angela smiled and told him about her families trip to the beach.

He listened raptly inserting questions now and then, unknown to him... he had just begun his first crush.

------

“Saw you on the news,” was the first thing he heard as he stepped into the classroom, Takato stopped startled and blinked... then a slow smile came to his face.

“I aim to please,” he replied, Rika smirked.

“Idiot,” the red head said, he gave a small laugh and took his seat, which wasn’t that far from hers.

“Did Henry see me on TV also?” he asked curious, he didn’t seethe blue haired teen yet in class... in fact no one else but Rika and himself had arrived as yet.

“Probably,” she answered.

“Hey, where is everyone... class is about to start in a minute?” he asked curious.

“Don’t worry about it Takato, everyone usually arrives two seconds before the bell,” she said waving a hand at the thought, Takato sweatdropped.

“Well... I guess if that’s normal I shouldn’t worry about it,” he said with a shrugs.

With a minute to spare Takato began to ready himself for class, when the rest of the class arrived along with the teacher he was ready for a long boring day to begin.

------

It was a normal park, green lawn’s everywhere, flowerbeds... a small fountain that had seen better times... all normal for a large park.

Well... at least it started normal.

As midday settled in a strange fog startling swirling into existence, animals nearby growled as their hackles went up.

One thing was for sure; this was no normal fog.

Slowly figures slipped out of the fog, they stared at the park around them and the city beyond that.

“This will be fun,” one of the figures stated, this figure looked canine in shape, the other two smirked.

“Yes, lot’s of fun,” the others said.

------

Takato was eating lunch when it happened; it was as if a chill went though his robotic body.

‘What the hell was that’ Takato thought looking up, seconds later he heard something beeping and saw that Rika’s D-ARC was beeping.

“A digimon... more then one,” Rika whispered, he nodded.

“Need any help?” He asked as she got up, she frowned slightly.

“Takato, Renamon and I can handle it... we’ll call Henry if we need help... you need digimon to battle digimon,” she said, he sighed and looked down at his food.

When he looked up she was gone.

‘But she’s right, I’m no good in a digimon fight... and the public doesn’t trust me enough to fight Wily... not really’ Takato thought a bit depressed, he sighed again and pushed his food away... he wasn’t hungry anymore.

“What am I good for now...” Takato whispered to himself, he was free... but he didn’t know what to do with his life.

‘Am I even needed’ he thought.

------

“Shit,” Rika swore as Renamon and herself were forced to dodge an attack, the attack came from a champion level digimon called Fangmon. His attacks were Blast coffin and Snipe steal. The latter one; was the one that had almost hit her.

‘There’s two more digimon somewhere, where did they vanish too’ Rika thought as she slashed an energy card.

“Renamon, this guy is strong... time to digivolve,” Rika called, pulling out a card she watched as it turned into a familiar blue card.

“Matrix digivolution,” Rika called, with that light and digital code surrounded her partner.

Renamons body changed first to that of Kyuubimon and then that of Taomon, moments later the paintbrush wielding digimon stood there.

“Lets walk all over them,” Rika said with a dark smirk.

------

“Name, Shadramon, type insectoid, a virus and armour level. Its attacks are Flash buster, Psychic wave,” Henry read off his D-ARK, in front of him was a strange looking digimon. It looked like a Stingmon that had was wearing flamedramons armour and had butterfly wings with flame patterns on them.

“Henry, is it just me or do we always seem to face weird digimon?” the rabbit digimon asked the human; Henry sighed.

“Don’t ask me, most digimon are weird,” Henry said, Terriermon nodded till what his partner said finally sunk in.

“Hey,” he protested.

------

Ryo blinked, the digimon he was facing blinked.

The teen known as the digimon king finally looked at the digimons stats.

“Quetzalmon, type Mythical, attribute is Vaccine and its level is armour. It’s attacks are Freezing Wave, Fossil Wave, Cold and Clammy and Toltec Wind,” Ryo read out loud.

Next to Cyberdramon growled, the digimon was very ready for battle.

Ryo grinned and looked at Quetzalmon, the digimon was snake like with a long white body with small red sections and gold lines over its body. On its head mask was the symbol of light. Spiky green hair went down the back of its neck, large wings came out of the area where its ears should be.

“Cyberdramon, lets get this over with,” Ryo said pulling out his cards.

------

Takato sighed and pushed the rest of his lunch away, he wasn’t that hungry and his energy levels were good. Getting up and picked up his lunch box and started walking to his locker, he was alone due the fact the rest of the tamers had gone after digimon.

‘What to do, still plenty of time left till classed start’ Takato thought, deep in thought he idly bit his bottom lip slightly.

Still lost in thoughts the robotic teen walked out of the cafeteria, he had no direction in mind, only wondering about the school Halls.

“DAMN!!!!!” a voice shouted, this voice caused Takato to jump and come out of his thoughts.

Curious he looked around for the origin of the shout, finally he spotted an open door. Curious, the crimson-eyed teen peered inside.

“I can’t believe it, buts its true,” a teacher whispered in a fear filled voice, Takato sighed hearing the words on the small TV in the teachers lounge (the room behind the door).

“I agree,” Takato whispered, he walked away the words from the television repeating in his mind.

‘Residents of the world, an asteroid has been sighted heading towards earth, due to radiation from it; it has not been easy to spot. We have been informed that it is of immense size and will crush the Earth on contact, we are asking for all scientists and armies to gather in hope we can destroy it in time. Please do not panic, the governments of the world and all the scientists are doing everything they can.’

“Damn it all,” Takato said a few minutes later, the earth was doomed in a few months and he could do nothing.

‘That’s it, I don’t care if I don’t have a digimon... I’m going to help the Tamers... I want to make a difference’ Takato thought, with that in mind Takato AKA Protoman left the building.

------

‘This isn’t good’ Rika thought gritting her teeth, Fangmon was as strong as a mega... she would have to biomerge. It was incredible on how powerful the digimon was, and yet she wondered why it had not digivolved higher.

But she almost feared how strong it would be then.

“Argghhh.” Taomon shouted as she was slammed into a building, Rika felt fear engulf her as Taomon digivolved to rookie. Her data was unstable; also her partner was unconscious.

“Renamon!” Rika shouted.

Yet her partner didn’t move, almost in slow motion Rika turned to see Fangmon sneering at her its eyes gleaming... Screaming her death.

‘No... it can’t end this way’ Rika thought.

And with that Fangmon ran forward, intent on ending her life.

Rika closed her eyes not wanting to see her end, she didn’t scream... she was the digimon queen... but she was about to die.

“Arggghhhh,” a shrill scream suddenly filled the air, with a start Rika opened here eyes... shouldn’t she be dead?

She stared in mute horror as Fangmon was held up my one armoured gloved hand; the hand was connected to red armoured hand... Protoman.

“Protoman,” she gasped.

Then she screamed and screamed, as she watched Protoman tore the digimon in half... it exploded into data then faded away since nothing downloaded it.

Then he turned towards her, Rika felt even more fear... there were no expression on his face.

“Rika?” he said softly walking towards her, yet she scrambled back from him.

“Get away from me,” she shouted in fear, for nothing could do that... destroy a digimon so easily... he wasn’t her Takato.

“Whaa!” he said in a startled voice; she could feel hurt in it but ignored it.

“Go away,” she cried, she couldn’t take this.

Quickly she turned and ran to Renamon, when she looked again Protoman was gone... tears fell down her face.

------

It was several hours later that Rika found herself talking to Henry, she told him in a slightly shaking tone of the events that took part earlier. Fangmon and Protomans entrance and Fangmons deletion, it was a shock to see Rika in such a way. Yet it wasn’t often, one saw a friend rip a digimon in half.

“Rika, calm down. He is still Takato, he did it to save your life,” he told the violet eyed teen, yet she shook her head and tears slipped down her face.

“That’s not Takato, it can’t be... Takato’s dead... that things it’s just a monster. Takato... he just... he just, wouldn’t be able to do that... ever!” she cried in a hateful voice.

It was at that moment that Henry looked up, what made him look up he never knew why... but he did.

Standing there was Takato, a shocked and hurt look on his face.

The crimson-eyed boy saw that Henry saw him; he took a step back... almost stumbled... to get away.

“Takato, wait!” Henry yelled as Takato turned and ran, but it was too late for the other boy was gone.

Rika said nothing at this, didn’t even turn.

“You idiot, don’t know what you’ve done... you broke him... he’s lost so many things to come back to being just Takato and you throw it in his face,” Henry shouted angrily, it was out of character for him but he didn’t care... Takato was his friend.

With that he turned away and walked from Rika, not turning back... hopefully he could find Takato before Takato did something stupid.

------

Takato felt sorrow, anger... hopelessness. So many things, but the most powerful emotion was despair.

‘Am I really such a monster’ Takato thought sadly, he had only done what he had to save Rika.

‘Should I even be here, I did die three years ago’ Takato thought, anger welled up inside of him and his fist lashed out.

He came back to reality as his fist hit something, he gasped... for his fist had just destroyed a tree easily into splinters.

“Why...” Takato whispered, it was then that it began to rain.

It fit his mood.

For, he wished to cry.

Unfortunately...

Robots can’t cry.

TBC

Next Chapter: Woah... bet no one saw that one coming. Next chapter we see the world in its final time, and the final things they will do to save Earth. What’s this, Wily and Dr. Light working together!

Authors note: Hi everyone, sorry for the long wait. Writers block, also the fact I wanted to end this chapter on that depressing note. Smirk, I’m evil... I’ll update as soon as I can. Also, thanks to the people that let me rant at them for the chapter

Ja Ne