MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Please note: this story takes place in the Mega Man cartoon show universe. This means that Protoman was built by Dr. Wily and is 'evil,' and Mega Man was built by Dr. Light and is 'good.' Both have blasters installed only in their left arms, can gain a Robot Master's weapon simply by touching him, and are enemies. (Obviously.)

Other changes in this universe: Roll can battle using her multipurpose left arm (she tends to vacuum-yes, vacuum-robots to death), Dr. Light became English, and Dr. Wily became German. I have NOidea why.

Some places in this story are pseudo made up, meaning I know and have been where I'm talking about but have renamed it. Why? 'Cause I can't remember the bloody name.

This story is dedicated to Atreyu452 for getting me interested in the Mega Shows to begin with.

Family Ties

Prologue

Protoman stared at the massive gorge in the ground, and gave a low whistle. It was huge, long, and very, very deep…

…and it hadn't been here yesterday.

Protoman started walking down the narrow slope, marveling at just how deep it got. Whatever did this had landed fast and hard.

He'd hate to be the one who fell.

Proto looked around again, and saw something interesting buried in the dirt. Squatting down, he picked up a shiny piece of scrap metal, and saw it was bright red. Curious, Protoman continued walking down the slope, and found more and more bits of shiny red metal and thin, sparking wires still connected to small gadgets he recognized from stolen schematics…

This was once Rush.

"Where Rush is, Mega Man is," said Proto aloud, and walked down into the deepest, widest part of the hole.

There he saw a blue boot buried in the debris.

Protoman swore to himself and started digging. He soon uncovered more and more of what he assumed was Mega-there wasn't much to base it on. Though the right side of Mega's body was pretty much intact, the left side looked like it had landed in the trash compacter and gone around for a few rounds. His left arm was half torn off, and his left leg was even worse. The only thing that had saved his head was his helmet, and it was torn in half as well, letting the boy's brown hair spill wildly over his closed eyes and scratched face.

Protoman simply squatted there for a moment, too shocked to take it all in. By all rights, his brother ought to be…

Dead.

"G…great…" he whispered to himself, still watching the few sparking wires glowing in Mega's left arm. "He's destroyed…nothing could…"

I should be happy! he growled to himself. He's-he won't-there's nothing to…

Suddenly, Mega moaned. It was a soft, barely perceptible moan; anyone who wasn't paying close attention wouldn't have heard it.

Protoman heard it.

"So…you're alive. Great…now I can destroy you myself…"

Protoman stared at the face so similar to his own, and the incredible pain it showed.

"I'll-destroy you properly," he said, though he knew Mega wouldn't hear. "It wouldn't be worth it to hit you when you're down-I'll do it in battle, the way it ought to be done."

He stared at the motionless body once more. Then he carefully gathered Mega Man into his arms, making sure there would be no more damage to the mangled body.

"This is just so I can fight you later, Mega Man. Don't think I'm going mushy on you-I'm just going to destroy you properly. I'm the only one who's allowed to, not some stupid fall. Guess that dumb dog of yours broke. Just remember-I am not doing this just because you're my brother."

Still holding Mega very, very carefully, Protoman got on his hoverbike and rode to Skull Castle.