MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga ❯ Chapter I : Welcome to Kotobuki! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
MegaMan.EXE - Shield Saga
by Wazuki Orochi

Chapter I - Welcome to Kotobuki!

"Wazuki...", a soft voice called out as a girl with long light pink hair that trailed down to the small of her back was kneeling next to a man sleeping in a futon in one the many apartment buildings in the city of Kotobuki. Morning sunlight was peeking through the glass doors leading to the balcony, filling the empty apartment with a soft glow. Boxes lined the wall, indicating the person only just unrolled the futon and slept.

"Wazuki! Wake up!", the girl gave a swift kick at the boys chest as sneaker met flesh. The boy coughed as he slowly rose up on his arms, "Huh...I don't want to go...to school today..."

The girl sighed, "Wazuki you don't have to, you graduated three days ago. Man, did you even apply at any colleges?", the girl placed her hands on her hips, looking at him.

Wazuki took off his blanket, running a hand through his chestnut hair and guilded tips as he stood on his feet, wearing lose fitting gray pajamas, "For one Reika, yes. Two, why are you in my apartment?"

"Well, you gave me the spare key for emergencies, and until you get your PET back from the Sci Lab I'm also going to be your alarm clock.", Reika brushed off her light blue jeans and her white shirt as she smiled at Wazuki.

"So Wazuki get up and get dressed. We got a lot of work to do today.", Wazuki mumbled about how he moved to get away from 'work' as he walked into the spare room, grabbing a box of his clothes on the way. Five minutes later he came out of the room dressed in deep blue jeans, a white shirt with a red overshirt on top, and brown boots.

"Alright, come on Reika. The faster we get to the lab, the sooner I won't get kicked in the side every morning.", they walked out of the apartment into a long hallway and into an elevator with glass all around, save for the marble floor on the bottom and the chrome wall with a the controls and door.

"Wow, top floor huh? That's preety awesome Wazuki.", Reika tried to make light conversation to Wazuki as she hit the button for the main floor, Wazuki rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he looked at her, "Yeah, mother didn't spare no expense for me, even though I keep telling her I don't really need that much."

"Say, where do your parents live? In DenTech city the only person you lived with was your grandfather Hayuto since we were little.", Wazuki chuckled, "Yeah my crazy grandpa. My parents live in a mansion in Heaven's City, my mom is Netopian and my father is Electopian.", the elevator made a sharp ring as the door slid open. The two childhood friends walked out of the building and into the busy street towards the MetroLine station.

"Anything else about your parents? I've never met them before.", Reika said as they passed by a group of businessmen. Wazuki looked over to her, "You've never asked about my family before."

"Well...I'm just curious today.", Wazuki smiled as he looked up at the large buildings, "Well my mother's name is Vera and my dad's name is Ryuhei. My dad's one the best Netbattlers I've ever seen, and my mother is one of the best researchers that Netopia has, she could detect a viral attack or a Netcriminal anywhere on the Net."

"Wow, your family sounds really cool.", Wazuki grinned, "Hey, your family is cool too, your mom makes the best food I've ever had, and your dad could repair any car in seconds.", Reika smiled at that comment as they walked into the station.

"Hold on, I'll get passes this time if you'll buy them next time.", Reika said. Wazuki nodded as he leaned back against the wall, looking at all of the people walking by. People walking to school, people going to work...nothing really out of the ordinary, "Just need to get my PET..." Reika came running back, holding two passes in her hand, 'Alright then, let's get going to Sci Lab, okay?", Wazuki smiled as they both walked towards the loading area.

* * * * *

In one of the more secluded rooms in Sci Lab , an elderly professor with short silvery hair and large gold trimmed glasses was hard at work working on a computer. To the left of the console was a PET covered in band stickers, jacked into the port on the computers side, "Oh my...Wazuki sure did pour his heart into making you, didn't he? Heh, truly is my grandson."

"Hey! Dr. orochi! What are you talking about?", a voice called from the computer screen. Dr. Orochi looked down at it to see a Net Navi with shoulder length indigo hair and long white rabbit ears looking at him with crimson eyes. He was wearing a black sleeveless top made of many overlapping leather straps that fused into a pair of loose, slick black pants with a cottontail on his rear. His forearms were wrapped in bandages, leaving his fingers exposed as they were strumming the strings on a shiny black triangular guitar with a narrow neck. He tapped his large rabbit feet in time with the song he was playing as he slid on a pair of headphones over his ears, emblazoned with his and Wazuki's icon, a chibi rabbit wailing on a guitar.

Dr. Orochi looked down at the screen as waited for his grandson to arrive, "I was just thinking about how he excatly created you Freep... You look so...unique. I know that my grandson is a hacker, but is it possible to make a Navi like you?"

"Hey, gramps! Don't say hacker too loudly...I think you're the only one outside the group that knows about that.", Freep looked up at the screen with a little concern, slinging his guitar onto his back. Dr. Orochi laughed, "Don't worry, little rabbit. My lab is soundproof, noone could hear that. Now then, how about a little bit of virus busting before Wazuki and Reika get here?"

Freep got out his guitar again, "Heh! I'd love to get some practice in! Let me have it boss!"

Dr. Orochi hit a few buttons on the console as three Handy3 viruses appeared in flashes of light about twenty feet away from Freep, "Give them the old guitar Freep!"

"Roger that! Rabbit Axe!!!", Freep started playing wildly on his guitar sending pulses of electricity towards the Handy viruses, who crackled with electricity and exploded before they even had a chance to move.

"A superb preformance Freep! Let see how you deal against this!", Dr. Orochi hit a few more key and a copy of a GutsMan navi appeared, roaring as it beat it's chest. "No problem!", Freep's feet crackled with electricity as he dashed towards GutsMan, when he was five feet away he leapt at him, swinging one furry foot to connect with GutsMan oncoming one. The kick landed in the center of the fist, crushing it as the kick connected with GutsMan's head, decapitating the Navi and leaving it to explode. Dr. Orochi coughed, "Well yes, powerful you may be...but the real GutsMan would have been much harder, Freep."

Freep stretched, "Yep, and I would have kicked him into next week too!", the door to Dr. Orochi's lab opened with a hiss as Wazuki and Reika walked into his lab.

"Grandpa!", Wazuki ran over to the elderly professor and slapped him on the back as Dr. Orochi gave him an even harder slap, "Grandson, come for your PET have you?" Wazuki nodded as Dr. Orochi looked over to Reika, "Well, if it isn't little Reika! My how you've grown!"

"Grandpa, stick to the situation!", Dr. Orochi peeled his eyes off Reika as he looked over to the PET, "Ah yes, your PET you wanted to me check. Well, everything is in order. For a hand made PET I couldn't have done better work, just one thing bothers me. Your Navi is unlike any I have ever seen, my boy! How ever did you create it?"

Wazuki flashed a grin before jacking out Freep and sliding his PET in his pocket, grabbing his chip folder on a nearby desk as well, "I learn from the best, grandpa! Anyway, thanks a ton for testing my PET for kinks, I know it must have been a bother."

Dr. Orochi simply laughed, "Not at all my boy, it was more of an experience. I'd have been dissapointed if your PET wasn't grand. Plus, it was no bother at all, things have been slow as of late, only minor Netcrimes and such, nothing our two top Electopian Netbattlers can't handle."

"You mean Chaud and Lan, right?", Reika spoke up as she was looking at some of the odd machinery. Dr. Orochi nodded, "Excatly, I say there's nothing! Nothing at all they cannot handle. Those Navis of theirs as well, MegaMan and ProtoMan, such ferocity and chivalry."

"You realize I'm a NetDiver, right grandpa? That means I am a hacker, I have to deal with them.", Dr. Orochi patted Wazuki on the shoulder, "Yes I know. Wazuki, you have always been a free spirit for as long as I can remember and you wish to do as you please, just please remember that you do have limits."

Wazuki nodded, "Come on Reika, let's get going. See you later, grandpa."

"Take care of yourselves, you two. Enjoy Kotobuki you two.", Dr. Orochi went back to working on his computer screen as he looked over behind him, "Something big is going to happen soon...I just know it, that's no ordinary Navi."

* * * * *

Wazuki and Reika walked out the train station in Kotobuki, back to Wazuki's apartment. Wazuki fished out his PET from his pocket as he looked into the screen, "How are you feeling, Freep?"

"Man I feel like a bear that has the strength...of two bears!", Freep was busy doing push ups in his PET as Reika stood outside the entrance to the station, "I'll be going now Wazuki...please visit me?"

"No problem, you and your family live in ACDC town now, right? I'll see you in two days! I'm gonna get situated first, okay?", Reika smiled as she waved to him, "I'll see you later wazuki, take care now!", she ran off into the station as Wazuki waved back at her, soon turning around to get back to his apartment building. Freep beeped as he looked at a schedule, "Cripes man, do you know it's noon?", Wazuki looked at him as he slapped his forehead, "Right. You gotta meet 'them' right?"

Freep nodded, "Krach really isn't the type of Navi to keep waiting."

"All right, I'll jack you into something just as so-"

"Help!!! Help!!!", Wazuki's curiousity turned towards a man trapped inside a building, banging furiously on a window with a turret on the ceiling pointed straight at him. Wazuki looked at the sign hanging in front of the door, it was a bank. Several spectators were looking on in shock unsure what to do, a police officer tried to get open the door, but the door electrocuted him when he shoved a prypar into it, some people helped him up as he shook his head.

"What the hell is this thing?", Wazuki looked on as well. The windows were barred, the door cruelly electrified somehow.

"Get a NetBattler!", one of the people said.

"Not enough time, that turret might go off any second!", another person said.

Wazuki looked around the building, next to the door on the very bottom of the building was a small jack in port, probably used for maitenance or something around that sort. Wazuki got out his PET and moved to the front of the crowd.

"Jack in! Freep, power up!"



* * * End Chapter I * * *


* * * Next chapter * * *


Wazuki : Well, day one in Kotobuki and already things are heating up!

Freep : Heatin' up nothing! There's a Fire Navi here that wants to turn me into a Hot Cross Bunny!

Wazuki : What? What the crap is Bloodmoon? And why haven''t the Netbattlers come here yet? This is serious stuff!

Freep : AHH! My biscuits are burnin' 'Zuki!!!

Wazuki : Next time on Shield Saga...'Crossfire!'

Freep : This ^%*$#& better not make me late!!!