MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Sigma vs. X ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: Sigma vs. X

Rage overwhelmed X to the point that everything he laid eyes upon was tinted persimmon. Angrily he dashed through the corridor, which was empty (most of the mavericks have left or were destroyed). Tears blurred his vision. All he cared about now was avenging Zero's death! He dashed through the door, and there stood Sigma.

"I'm surprised you made it this far, X..." Sigma said, grinning. "But now it's time for your miserable life to end!"

"No, you will die, Sigma! This is for Zero!" X yelled as he charged Sigma, blasting charged shots at him. Sigma dodged most, but finally was hit in the stomach. He staggered back, holding his stomach, then, with a growl, charged X and punched him in the face. X staggered back, but managed to keep his balance. The enraged hunter then fired a charged shot at Sigma's waist, which he dodged. The huge maverick countered with a roundhouse kick, hitting X square in the jaw. X reared back about 10ft and crashed heavily onto the ground.

Sigma gave an evil laugh and slowly approached X.

"I.... won't...give up!" X slowly got up and charged at Sigma again. Sigma grabbed X's arm and flipped him into the wall, then, still clutching his arm, flung him into the ceiling, then hard onto the floor. Then, grabbing him by his chest plate. He lifted X high into the air, and threw him into the wall.

X hit the wall hard, back first, and slid down into a sitting position, feeling too weak to get up.

"I...failed you.... Zero..."

~What are you doing?!!~

Huh? Zero, is that you?

~You're not gonna let a rat punk like Sigma get you down, are you?!!~

I can't do it....

~If you say that again I'm going to come back and haunt you! Now go kick his butt! Do it for me!~

Wait, Zero! Don't go yet!

Silence.

Zero?!!

More Silence.

All right, Zero...I'll get Sigma for you.

"It was very entertaining, but now the fun is over. Goodbye X!" Sigma laughed maniacally and shot a huge blast at X. There was a gigantic explosion, but when the smoke cleared, X was standing there. He was wearing a Sub Tank Jacket, and there was a very serious and determined expression on his handsome face.

"I don't get it! You should be dead!" Sigma cried. "What does it take to kill you!!!"

"A lot more then you can handle, Sigma.." X said calmly, then charged Sigma with a ferocity that was stunning. Sigma tried to dodge and counter, but X seemed to know every move Sigma was going to do. Every hit he made was countered by an even more powerful attack, and before he knew it, he was barely alive, leaning against the wall.

"You will pay, X. You haven't seen the last of me!" Sigma teleported out as the whole lab started to explode. X closed his eyes and gave a silent thanks to Zero, then teleported out.

End of Chapter 12

Author's Notes: Hello! I forgot to mention, I received a question about whether I was going to add any more Megaman continuities. It would be quite interesting if someone was somehow able to write a story that linked all of the continuities, unfortunately I cannot. I have never played the Battle Network series (though I do want to), and I can't find any way to link Legends. This story was written a long time ago, before MMX 5 or 6 came out, and I don't think even Legends was out yet… I could be wrong with that, my memory sometimes has a habit of failing me. While intertwining all of the Megaman continuities would make for one heck of a fanfic challenge, mine would be incapable. It will touch upon the rest of MMX, MMX 2 and MMX 4 (I don't think the events of MMX 3 are mentioned much because 1) I didn't like the game much, and 2) I don't think any of the events of the game are important enough to novelize.) Thank you so much for your input!! =D Without readers, an author is nothing.