MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Trusing the Distrust: Part Two ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Clash of Love

Chapter Ten: Trusting the Distrust
Part two

By KellyQ

Miss Yuriko walked into the room to notice right away that Lan appeared a little frustrated. He was looking at his sign language book Miss Mari gave him.

Lan looked up and smiled as Miss Yuriko sat across from him. "I'm half way done with learning some sign language - you want me to show you?"

"Sure," Miss Yuriko said, sounding amused.

"Well," Lan started, hooking his index fingers twice. "This means 'friends'."

Miss Yuriko just smiled. "That's nice. What others do you know?"

"Well," Lan murmured, sliding his thumb along the end of his cheek. "This means 'girl'."

Miss Yuriko nodded her head. "You're cute, but you're a little too young for me," she teased.

Lan flushed with complete embarrassment. He didn't mean it like that! Megaman burst out laughing at the sight. Miss Yuriko chuckled and shook her head.

"You should've seen your face, Lan," Megaman said in between laughs. "It was priceless!"

The dark haired boy groaned, and his eyes shifted to the other direction. Miss Yuriko chuckled again. "You to are quite a team. Oh before I forget, I have the battle-chip's I said I was going to give you."

She reached into her pocket and pulled a small handful of battle-chips. Jesse laid them on the table. Lan looked at each one: the first chip was Electric Sword, the second one was Area Shield, the third was a fashion chip, and the last one was a Sign Language chip.

Lan picked the forth chip and held it up for Megaman to see. Lan's Net Navi rose a brow. "Where did you find that chip?"

"My Net Navi was a nurse type, so I was equipped with that chip." Miss Yuriko informed.

She watched the two closely. Miss Yuriko nodded her head when Lan and Megaman said that the Sign Language chip was going to be useful.


Chaud walked into the room a few minutes later to see Lan talking to Megaman about the Sign Language chip. The brown haired boy turned and smiled slightly.

"Chaud, I have a new chip," Lan started, holding it up for the white haired boy to see. "It's a sign Language Chip."

The white haired boy sat across from Lan, and pulled out his P.E.T. to jack Protoman into the computer. Lan handed the chip over to Chaud. He looked at it for a moment, and his eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"Lan," Chaud asked, sounding skeptical. "Who gave you this chip?"

"I got it from Jesse. Why?" Lan responded, sounding defensive.

Chaud scraped the top of the chip and paint came off, to reveal the Dark-Chip. Lan's eyes widened with disbelief, including Megaman's.


Anetta came to Lan's room to hear him and Chaud talking. She knew that she shouldn't listen, but when she heard the name: Miss Yuriko - she just had to know what they were talking about.

"I can't believe I fell for that ..." Lan murmured, feeling like a complete idiot.

He looked at the Dark-Chip for a moment. Anger started build to in Lan, as he crushed the chip in his hand. The brown haired boy looked up at Chaud with apologetic look in his eyes.

"Sorry that I didn't believe you ..."

"Yea," Megaman breathed, his eyes still holding shock. "I'm sorry too."

Anetta gasped. Her eyes widened when she pieced together everything: someone gave Lan a Dark-Chip! The red haired girl snapped out of her thought, and decided to make herself known. Anetta knocked on the doorjamb, gently. Chaud and Lan turned their heads and smiled.

"How are you doing, Lan?" Anetta asked, walking up.

"Like a complete idiot, I allowed my guard down -"

Anetta gave Lan a sympathetic look; she knew how he felt. "I know how you feel about the whole thing. I felt bad after I went to Doctor Regal, so I could get revenge - but later finding out the truth."

Lan clenched his fist, as his expression changed. Why did everyone think he needed to suffer? Lan knew Miss Yuriko was a criminal - but taking his family away was crossing the line. Megaman wasn't too far off, feeling the same way.

"Forget about Miss Yuriko," Protoman stated, wanting the tension to die down. "And focus on making sure Lan and Megaman get transferred to another room."

Tension was lifted when Protoman spoke those words - like negative energy was turned into positive energy.

To Be Continued ...