MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ The Net of Love ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 13: The Net of Love

By KellyQ

 

"There you are ..." came a voice that happened to be Protoman.

Megaman turned and smiled. His cheeks felt warm, and he just hoped that Protoman didn't see it. Yet unknown to Megaman, Protoman did see it.

"Chaud wants to try something," the red Net Navi continued. He held up what looked like a bracelet. "You know when you're cross-fused with Lan? This will," Protoman explained, as he took a gentle hold of Megaman's wrist and slipped it on. "This will enable you to call on any battle chip, like cross-fusion does – just in case Chaud or I can't reach you."

Megaman held it up and looked at it. The bracelet was red and white. "This is great – but you guys don't have to waste your time on making sure I'm safe," He said bringing his arm down, and looking back at Protoman.

"Chaud and I owe it to you and Lan ..."

"That's nice but-"

Before Megaman could finish, Protoman pulled Lan's Net Navi in another warm embrace. "I just don't want to see you get deleted, because of me."

Megaman felt guilty that Protoman had to go through extremes to keep him safe. "I'm sorry that you have to keep someone like me safe ..."

"We're partners, Megaman," Protoman responded, unconsciously rubbing Lan's Net Navi on the back of neck. "We need to look after each other."

They stayed like that for a moment, enjoying each others presence. I just wish I could tell you how I feel, Megaman thought.

"Okay, lets see what this thing can do," Lan's Net Navi said.

The two Navis pulled away from each other. Megaman held his hand up. "Electric sword," he called out.

Instead of the sword making itself known, he was shocked by dark energy. Seeing the result, Protoman stepped up and tried to take hold of the bracelet. The same result happened to him, he was shocked. Protoman wasn't going to give up. He took a shaky hold of Megaman's arm and yanked the bracelet off.

It went flying three feet away, while the two Navis collapsed on the floor. Protoman crawled over to Megaman to see if he was all right. Lan's Net Navi slowly sat up, as the wounds healed on its own.

"Are you all right?" They both asked each other at the same time.

"I'm -" Lan's Net Navi paused when he noticed that Protoman's hands were burnt. "Protoman, your hands -"

"Oh," Chaud's Net Navi responded holding his hand up. "This is nothing -"


Anetta walked into the room to see Lan looking at the sign language book. His hands were moving here and there. Anetta cleared her throat to get Lan's attention. The brown haired boy nodded his head and smiled slightly.

"How's it going?" Anetta asked.

"I'm doing all right - I just wish that Chaud wouldn't fuss over me like he's been doing."

"He just cares - that's all."

Lan sighed. Anetta was right, Chaud did it because he cared - but he didn't have to go through extremes to do it.

Anetta looked at Lan for a moment and noticed that he was thinking. "What are you thinking about?"

"Chaud ... he's been so nice to me – he even took responsibility for taking care of Megaman for a while."

Anetta nodded her head. "I'm sure he feels he owes it to you two."

"Yea. But he doesn't have to do it - just because 'he owes it to us' ..."

"Don't say that," Anetta said firmly. "Chaud was really upset what happened to you - and I know you would be doing the same thing if you were in his place."

Lan sighed.

Why do girls have to be right all the time?

"But you do care for Chaud don't you," Anetta continued. Lan turned bright red with embarrassment. His expression changed to a pout after that. Anetta giggled. "There's nothing to be ashamed about having feelings for Chaud ..."

Lan looked at Anetta, who was smiling.


"Is everything all right," came a voice that happened to be Chaud.

"I'm fine," Megaman answered, as the two Net Navi's got to their feet. "But Protoman's hurt."

The red Net Navi walked over to the bracelet and picked it up. "The bracelet had a glitch," Protoman informed to Chaud. "I'll do some more research on it. In the mean time, it's best to stay in the P.E.T, Megaman."

Chaud's Net Navi started to walk but was pulled back by Megaman, who had a dark expression on his face.

"I know you think I'm a kid," Megaman said, tightening his grip on Protoman's arm. "But I'm not."

Protoman started to turn. Lan's Net Navi let go of Protoman, who looked down on at Megaman. He raised a hand toward the other Navi, who was ready to be hit on top of the head. The hit never came. Megaman felt Protoman cup his face instead. Lan's Net Navi opened his eyes, and turned bright red when he acknowledged how close Protoman was to his face.

"Megaman ..."

"Uh ... y-yes?" The blue Net Navi stammered. He felt like his whole body was hammered down. Like he couldn't move at all.

"You don't get it - I don't want anything to happen to you."

Megaman numbly nodded his head.

"Good," Protoman said, moving his hands away from Megaman's face. He turned and started to walk away.

Megaman stood there for a moment, trying to piece what just took place. His expression changed to love, as he put his hand on his cheek. "Thanks Protoman, and I promise to protect you too." Megaman murmured, watching Protoman walk away.

"Megaman, logging out." The computer confirmed, as his body started to look like data - and was gone.

To Be Continued ....