Meine Liebe Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond All Boundaries ❯ Prelude III: Reflection ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prelude III: Reflection…

Disclaimer:
I don't own Meine Liebe, Meine Liebe Wieder nor did I own the game Tanbi Musou. The anime is the copyrights of Koichi Mashimo while the manga is the copyrights of Izawa Rei. However I do own my own character, Xue Dawei, her family and friends.
Chapter Summary: A year has passed and Xue has been placed under the care of the Headmaster and his wife, Franziska Fraulein Herzog Eschenbach. Mistress Eschenbach, as Xue calls her, has told her some news and Xue is on her bed reflecting on what her future goals and aspirations shall be. What will she decide?

Author’s Note:
-“speech” normal language (German)
-‘speech’ are thoughts
-“speech” inaudible speech

One year later… At night in a candle-lit room…The date is 30/12/1934…

“Xue, you’ll be starting your actual schooling in Rosenstolz on the 22/9/1935... Are you ready for it?” a lady asked in concern.
Xue nodded in response, her eyes never straying from the book in her hands. The lady sighed exasperatedly.
“Xue, I know been taken away from your family is a distressing experience from you but look on the good side-” The lady said.
Xue looked up from her book and stared at her guardian angrily, as if to say, “What good side?!
“Well, if you graduate from Rosenstolz maybe you can become a good leader someday, run a successful business or even but highly impossible for you, work as Strahl secretary and help your family.” The lady replied.
Xue tilted her head, towards the side in confusion.
“Well, a Strahl is a person, usually a male, who assists the King in decision-making, governing and the likes. To be chosen as a Strahl you must be popular amongst the student body, come from a noble bloodline, intelligent and graduate as top of Rosenstolz.” The lady replied.
Xue nodded. The lady stood up and went towards the door.
“Xue, if there is anything you need, you know where I am, okay?” the lady said, from the doorway.
Xue nodded once more.
“Good night, Xue…” the lady said closing the door.
As the door closed, nothing but the soft wind can be heard from Xue’s room. Xue then changed into her pyjamas, went to her desk and opened her journal. She decided to write about her thoughts on what she’ll do when she starts her two years of school and what her guardian, Mistress Eschenbach has said. In other words, she decided to write about her future goals for her two years of schooling. After much consideration, she liked her idea and write:
December 30th, 1934. It is now night time.
Today, was another tiring day…I had that dream again…It really hurts me every time I remember that time… I truly miss my mother, father and my brother, Déshèng… Even now I still can’t believe the Elder did that to me! I respected him and treated him as if he was my own Grandfather! I wonder what he meant by ‘he had already sacrificed too much’…
Oh well, I have been thinking about what Mistress Eschenbach has said and I think, though it is impossible, that I’ll become a Strahl candidate. I know that I may not be from a noble bloodline nor will I be popular among my peers or senseis but with my intelligence and determination, I strive to become the top and conquer anyone who stands in my way of an equal future, where no one is a noble, peasant, female or male but individuals who see each other as equals. I shall sharpen my Wù and Wá skills and defeat anyone who dares to challenge me to a duel. I don’t care if it’s a male or a teacher, I’ll defeat them.
Maybe, I should do a tarot reading and see what my future has in store for me… … I got the Hermit card up-side-down up… which means that I’ll be lonely… Hmm…I suppose that is good for me as I don’t to have any distractions such as acquaintances and romantic affairs. Next year is going to be promising.
It seems to be passed my curfew and bed time… I better go to sleep now…Goodnight.’

As Xue tucked herself to bed and slept, a gentle zephyr blew in and shifted the Hermit card to reveal another card. This card was the Lovers….But the card went unknown to Xue’s knowledge.