Monster Rancher Fan Fiction ❯ Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life: Why Monster Rancher Shouldn’t Be Popular ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Well, one day I was feeling grumbly about why Monster Rancher wasn't nearly as popular as, say, Yu-Gi-Oh. So I decided to look on the bright side...

This fanfiction is rated PG-13 for literally suggested homosexuality and implied mentions of "naughty stuff."

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life: Why Monster Rancher Shouldn't Be Popular

Grey Wolf was no longer grey, exactly, having apparently made use of large amounts of dye in order to turn his fur a bright purple, among other things. Naga looked him over and shook his head. "Only a colorblind idiot would fall for that. It's the wrong shade of purple, the stuff you used on the horns dripped, and you didn't even bother to get colored contacts. Everyone knows Cabalos eyes are yellow."

"I tried it. They turned green."

They had made use of Naga's fortress, as he did not suffer nearly as heavily from the affliction. The affliction...

Naga might not have been a brain scientist, but he knew what Grey Wolf was up to this time. "Oh, no you don't. I am not getting into this."

Grey Wolf looked over his shoulder. "You haven't seen them. You haven't read my mail. You'd think they'd have better things to do than write that... that filth."

"You're angsty," said Naga. "They love angst. They eat it up. They write themselves as Tigers so they can 'make you feel better.' Oh, and you haven't once chucked a Cabalos out a tower window. Like I'm tempted to do to you."

"Would you?"

"Nice try."

"Do you know what they want to do to me?"

"You mean the ones who've got it through their heads that you're no human?"

"Get down."

Naga bent down, and he whispered something in his ear. "Collars? Hmph. Seriously, what they want is tame. Let me tell you what I do to get turned-" He whispered for a bit, then straightened up. "Trust me, you don't want me to be your boyfriend."

"It wouldn't necessarily be serious..."

"But," Naga cut him off, "what's to stop them from thinking it's serious? And writing it into their 'filth,' as you so nicely put it?" Grey Wolf had obviously not taken this into account. "I do not want any part of this. Next thing I know I'll be getting mail... hey, at least you're popular."

"Yes," said Grey Wolf with a sigh. "Good thing I'm popular, then..."