Mortal Kombat Fan Fiction ❯ Of Serpents and Sirens ❯ On A Knife's Edge ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

When he entered the banquet hall, he found Shao Kahn sat upon his throne. It irritated him to no end but he did not let it show as he bowed before him.

"My sincerest apologies, emperor. Had I known before hand that you planned on joining us today...Well, I would have been much more prepared for your arrival."

"Enough with your silver words, snake. Your fighters have failed yet again to impress me. Not a single victory for them this tournament and I have been told you have been absent from many of the fights. Why is that?"

'Damn. How did he find out?'

"I had other matters...important ones that had to be...dealt with at the those times."

Shao Kahn grips his hammer and stands snarling.

"Your only task during these tournaments is to ensure the victory for Outworld! To ensure that I gain Earthrealm! And you are failing that task, yet again!"

Shang kept his head down, staying silent. Giving Shao Kahn to time to cool down.

He snorts at him, "Now, sorcerer, tell me about this...woman that has been seen here. The one that doesn't fight. The one that is drawing your eye from your duties."

His stomach drops and he struggles to even his breathing before he replies.

"Woman?"

"Do not test my patience, Shang Tsung. I've heard from a rather trustworthy source that she has been seen entering and leaving your private balcony."

"Might I ask who this source is that they are so trustworthy?"

"Oh come now, Shang Tsung. Is that a hint of anger I hear?"

'No.'

A woman steps out from behind Shao Kahn and he grits his teeth.

"Empress Sindel."

She tips her head back and laughs dryly. "Oh my old friend, why are you denying what I have seen with my own eyes? Or should I recount a certain encounter you two had on the beach?"

He takes a step forward before stopping, his hands balled into fists at his side. He seethed inwardly.

"You have been watching me? Why?"

Shao Kahn laughs loudly, setting his hammer down with a thump as he sat back into the throne. Sindel perched herself on his knee, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Too many times you have failed me already, sorcerer. This time will be different. I will be joining the fight this day. Earthrealm will be mine! Even if I must do it myself!"

Shang bowed, "Of course, my emperor. I will make the arrangements immediately."

"Good and bring that woman here. I want to see for myself the woman who has been taking your attentions away from the tournament."

His hands shook as he gripped them behind his back. He must stay calm. Stay centered. He must not show the slightest weakness or he would die. This was the knife's edge. He knew this path, walked it far too many times during his long lived life, hell he thrived on it, playing his part to perfection.

He smirked devilishly up at Shao Kahn. "Of course. I will bring her at once."

The emperor threw his head back and laughed, the sound echoing as he let the double doors close behind him.

He was here to fight? On the last day of the tournament? This was not good. And he knew about Lily thanks to Sindel.

There was no way around it now. He would have to present Lily to Shao Kahn and his empress. He would have to do his best to prepare her but the rest would be up to her. The only good thing about this was that it was still so early in her pregnancy that they wouldn't find out unless they were outright told.

'And he would burn before he told them.'

Now that dragon pet of hers'...that was going to be a difficult one to explain. It never left her side.

'Xiǎo huǒ here will keep an eye on her.'

How would he play that one off?

His mind whirled with 'what ifs', each scenario far worse than the last.

'Damn it!'

/  -  /  -  /  -  /

'I love you, Shang Tsung, you know that right?'

Did she really say that?

She knew of couples that fell for each other after only knowing each other for a few weeks...hell there were a few that got together after only a couple days and they went on to have happy lives together.

'But we're not exactly a 'normal' couple, are we?'

From the very first time they met, they were always teasing each other, testing the other's boundaries, slinging retorts back and forth like a ping pong ball. It was thrilling arguing with him...he was intelligent and always managed to coax her into biting back.

"I don't fight. I'm an author. I would rather battle with wits than fists."

"If you are anything like your brother, I highly doubt it."

She gritted her teeth, "I am nothing like my brother."

He made a show of following the curves of her body in the air with two clawed fingers. "Oh, I can clearly see that, my dear. A magnificent figure such as yours must be appreciated."

 

"I do read in my spare time, Miss Cage. I would not have learned all I have so far if I did not."

"Surprising."

"Oh?"

"That you would admit to being taught anything."

He laughed.

And god he was smooth with his under-handed seduction.

'But a man like me, who has lived as long as I have, appreciates beauty when he sees it, especially in a dress of his own choosing.'

'If its any consolation, your wrist is a pale comparison to those lips of yours.'

'Hehua.'

'You will know only pleasure at my hands, I promise you that.'

'It is your choice, Lily.'

Even more thrilling was what followed those arguments.

God his kisses were electrifying, always sending her senses into overdrive. He knew how to stroke her body expertly sending her over the edge and catching her when she fell. He was passionate and selfless, always making sure her pleasure came first. And after? She blushed. He was still so attentive to her, making sure she wasn't hurting and held her close soothing her with soft caresses and gentle words. 

She had fallen and hard too. That man had definitely tried his damnedest to get her in his bed and now...she's not sure she wanted to leave. Ever.

Her hand laid over her stomach and smiled. Their baby. Their son.

'Fai.'

If she loved Shang Tsung, then she knew that she was going to absolutely adore their son.

"I love Shang Tsung."

She giggled flopping back onto her bed. The little dragon gave a squeak in protest.

"Oh sorry, little guy. I guess I wasn't paying attention."

He chittered back as accepting the apology. 

"You do understand me, don't you?"

He nodded his head. 

"You're just a little baby aren't you?"

He chirps, nuzzling into her hand and she brushes over his head, scratching behind one horn. The dragon tilted his head and trilled happily.

"You are too cute, you know?"