Mospeada Fan Fiction ❯ Enrique's Revenge ❯ Enrique's Revenge ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The city of Cali was covered in a blanket of thick fog. Rain poured heavily on this former seaside port and city. Enrique knew it was the wrong time to visit the city. He quickly veered his cyclone into a ruined shop to look for a temporary shelter.
 
Five hours passed and rain stopped. Fog began to fade and vaporized, unveiling the real look of the city where he once grew and lived. His sight was taken on a destroyed shop. The sign was still hanging and readable. Alberto Guitares Finas, reads the sign. It was five years ago when his world suddenly changed.
 
The vibrant city of Cali and its people were enjoying a sunny day and most were heading home for their siesta. Unfortunately, doomsday arrived earlier than everyone has ever thought. The Invid troopers flew and attacked the city from the air.
 
To escape the grudge, Enrique drove his father to the other side of the country. From behind, they witnessed how the city was stripped bare and burned to pieces in less than an hour.
 
On the way, they were ambushed by the Assault Mecha and both father and son were thrown out of the car. His father, Alberto was badly injured and died on spot. From that day, he swore to himself that he would take revenge on what the Invid had done to him.
 
Enrique wandered in the wilderness and luckily, he met Team Bernard, whose mission is to reach the Reflex Point and to save the earth from the Invids. Under the guidance of Lieutenant Scott Bernard and Lancer Belmont, he learnt how to handle cyclones and weapons. Upon completion, he then expressed his wish to return back to Cali.
 
“I've had promised myself that I will fight for justice to my father and my people,” he told Scott.
 
“I appreciate your will to take on revenge but note that many risk have to be taken on to yourself,” Scott replied.
 
“I will do it even if it costs my life,” Enrique replied.
 
Lancer and Scott could not question any more upon his deep intention. With the help of Rand, they manage to retrieve a used Battler cyclone, complete with CVR-04 suit and weaponry.
 
“Take this cyclone and use it wisely,” Scott said to Enrique while handing the Battler to him.
 
“I will,” he replied with a salute. “And it will be a part of me forever and always.”
 
Enrique felt the glory when he donned his CVR-04 suit for the first time and drove his cyclone away. Before parting ways, he waved at the Team Bernard and moved on with his plan.
 
The memory lane took him into a trance like state that he almost failed to notice the ground began to tremble. Enrique ran out to see what is going on. All of sudden, three Cyclops-like beetles burst out of the ground.
 
“My first pincers,” he claimed and ran inside to suit up.
 
Once he donned his armor, Enrique jumped over his motorcycle and veered out; he quickly switched mode to battloid and the cyclone transformed into a protective armor, complete with RPG Missile Launchers on his forearms.
 
“Looks like we meet again,” Enrique announced, priming his left missile launcher.
 
The sensor flipped automatically and painted a target on the pincer's weakness: the eye of the monster. Without hesitating, Enrique launched his first set of missiles. The grenades hit the target and detonated, marking his first success.
 
“One down and four to go,” he said.
 
Suddenly, the remaining four began to circle the battloid. Enrique was in big trouble but he has no problem with it. He jumped on the top of one of the pincers and began assaulting by using the same weak point: the eye.
 
This time, he managed to put two of them down and to finish up the remainder. He jumped off the pincer and landed smoothly and few paces away on the ground. As he about to launch his last shots, the launchers jammed.
 
Don't do this to me, he thought and shook the right missile launchers.
 
The pincers did not waste a single moment. One of the remaining pincers quickly shot laser beamed and it hit Enrique's in his chest and thrown aback. His RPG launchers hit the ruined walls and he felt as his ribcage was tore apart. Smoke fumed out of his chest cavities while his sensors were burned and ripped.
 
I can't give up, he thought. I must fight for my people and my father.
 
For the last time, he stood up and primed both RPG launchers on the remaining pincers. Aimed for the eyes, he told himself.
 
And to his wish, the launchers began to work and fired the last two pods. Finally, both grenades hit their target as expected and the pincers detonated.
 
Enrique remained in his battloid mode; he turned back and marched in victory as he had finally fulfilled his revenge.