My Dear Marie Fan Fiction ❯ Blind ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
We were, but ony sort of.
We are, but not so much.
We did, but just a little.
We will, but really not.
We can, but you know we won't.

How can you be sure if anything is real or not if your eyes only see one thing so much so that you can't see the rest of the world and don't really understand anything? For us, our hands are linked only to each other so that the universe passes us by without our knowledge. We're unaware of anything that doesn't happen in each other's eyes and that makes us foolish and helpless. If I had seen what was going on before then, before everything fell apart again, maybe I could have salvaged something, but instead I broke. I saw only you and because of that I got lost, I cried, I worried, and I fell down like a baby who hasn't yet learned to walk. My frightened, disjointed thoughts flew away so that I didn't even have the solace of contemplation to sink into because my thoughts had been replaced by your face and my eyes became blind to anything but you, and then I was walking a jagged balance beam while unable to see anything but the image of your smile in my eyes and I think I might have fallen, or I might not have after all. However it happened, I was finally and painfully reconciled with my thoughts and my sight and now, I still see you but at least I can see other things also, and I still think of you all the time but I can think of other things too. Sometimes.