Naruto Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Chobit of the Sand ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Life- Duration of existence; the powers of metabolism, reproduction, mobility, .ect.
 
Life is a very precious thing; treat it well, because you only have it once. To be alive, you need a soul.
 
That is what a man named Alexander R. Jemison tried to accomplish. He belived, along with his partner, that even persocoms have souls. His partner was the one who created persocoms, the two Chobits known as Elda and Freya. When Freya was created, the dream came to Alexander's mind, because shortly after Freya, Alexander went on a trip far from the city area, to find an interesting conversation worth bringing up….
 
 
Alexander looked over his summarization he created in his log on his computer. Hm… this will do for now, I can't think of anything else... He laid back in his computer chair, humming to himself. In his left hand, he held a video tape, from his thousand-year old cam quarter he saved for this right moment. Even though the deal he settled was to be sealed tonight, he wished he never made it. He heaved a deep, sad sigh as the quiet night rolled on. He held up the tape, labeled on it with a marker “Akiri”. He stared at the label for what seemed hours until there was a soft knock at the door. A persocom with short blue hair and matching blue eyes, with a soft complexion in a navy colored blue maid outfit opened the door. “Mr. Jemison, sir. Someone is here to see you.” “Let them in, dear.” he replied. She nodded and opened the door.
 
“Alexander, just who I was looking for.” Alexander smiled. “Kazakage, is it? Good to see you sir.” He lied. He stood up and pulled up a big, red chair. “Please, sit. Let's talk over some of my maid Janice's delicious tea.” He said, glancing over at the persocom with blue hair. She nodded and quickly went out and back in with two cups. The Kazakage silently sat down in the chair, as her obtained the beverage from Janice. “Now, lets make this quick. Why was I brought over to this complex part of the country?” He said, eyeing Alexander with impatience. Alexander pulled over a television screen with a VCR also with it. “Well, as you recall about a couple of months back, I came to visit your humble abode in the desert, for a little exploration. Some time off from work and my community.” Alexander put the tape in the VCR. “You remember the story of my partner,” “Yes, the one who created those perso...Whatever they are called.” The Kazakage interrupted. “Persocoms, the ones my partner made are special units called `Chobits', ones that have their own function. No need for programming. They were designed to be his children, since his wife could not have any. He passed away just recently, and both his children I have heard nothing about. His wife I still keep in contact with, but enough about that.” He turned the television on, “Now you remember our deal? You mentioned about your youngest son...” The Kazakage gave a sort of glare at Alexander “Yes… Why?” Alexander grinned, “When you told me about him, a dream came to light. Here's a question: What if could make another Gaara, but this one is completely stable, no need to worry?” Alexander asked. The Kazakage raised his brow. “Yes, but I still didn't see where you were going with this whole thing…” “Well, remember, before I left, I wanted you to get a piece of something from Gaara.” The Kazakage sat up, “Yes. The most we could get was some hair.” Alexander nodded. “Yes, yes. Well I used that to create the first ever known persocom with DNA, observe.” He pushed in the tape and pressed play.
 
The television showed a laboratory filled with many electronics, computers, and screenings of what seemed to be DNA cells. Alexander dressed in a light blue shirt with brown pants and in a white lab coat stood in the tape. “Welcome to my lab, where I created all my persocoms… my children, now I will show you one of my newest children. A legendary `Chobit' with DNA of Sabaku no Gaara, my creation…” He walked up to area with special machinery. There stood what looked like the copy of Gaara, however, was a girl, hair slightly longer, and appearing to have no ears. “Akiri” The girl looked at Alexander and hugged him. “Hello Daddy!” Akiri cried happily. Alexander laughed happily. “Okay dearest. I need you to do something for Me.”, “Yes Daddy, anything!” Alexander smiled. “Take a search on `persocoms'” Immediately Akiri's eyes began to light up. “I'm logging on.” After 2 minutes, she looked at Alexander “There are 480,955,721 matches.” Alexander nodded. “Good, now, search that with any with the words `Akiri'” After 5 seconds “2 matches” “Tell me both please.” Alexander asked.
 
She raised her head. “Site 1: Akiri, persocom created by Alexander R Jemison. She is the first persocom prototype to be modified with the addition of DNA. Causing her to have blood, growing body parts, if chosen, she can even age. Her building is very close to Freya, a persocom created by Ichiro Mihara…” “Never mind Akiri, you can stop now, you have done enough.” Akiri smiled. “Now wave and smile at the camera Akiri.” Alexander said. “Okay!”
 
Alexander turned off the television. He glanced over at the Kazakage, a look of interest in his face. “So, satisfied?” Alexander asked. “Well, she looks very much like him, but can she do what he can?” He asked. “That's for you to find out.” Alexander stood up. “Follow me, my good man.” Alexander led the Kazakage into another room, a bedroom that was a lavender and pale yellow color. On the bed was Akiri, lying like she was asleep. “She is in sleep mode. I have erased all memories of me, so that there will be no emotional stress that is possible. She can still do anything a normal person can do; she will not need to relearn any of the basic learning principles. “So she is all ready to bring back with me?” Alexander looked down. “Correct, she may go with you…”
 
The Kazakage stood up. “Well then, I guess we should be going.”Right...” Alexander pulled out a small slip of paper from his pocket, and stuffed it in Akiri's dress pocket, nice and deep.
 
On the note, it read:
 
 
I'll miss you Akiri. I know you won't remember me when you read this, but know. You will always be in my heart, my dearest daughter. Remember this great saying: The only thing better than being loved, is loving.
 
I'll love you forever