Naruto Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Chobit of the Sand ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Old log 2:
 
Kiss- touch (esp. the lips of another) with the lips, as a caress or salutation.
 
A kiss is usually the sign of love between two people. When I told Akiri the news that she would leave soon, she kissed me. But it wasn't a regular kiss... It was kiss of love. So she loved me like I did to her. It now hurts me more that I can't love her back; all it will do will make both of us worse. Oh Akiri, when you leave, you'll probably never remember our love. I hope you find that love again...
 
It took a while to get to Konohagakure, but when Naruto reached the village, Akiri got very excited. “We're here!! This is awesome!” She said excitedly, shaking Gaara's arm. Naruto cracked a little smile from Akiri's excitement. “So... do you guys need anymore help? If you don't, I guess I'll be going.” “Were fine.” Gaara replied. “Well... okay. It was great meeting you Akiri. I guess I'll be seeing you at the tournament.” Naruto said. “Oh course! And I'll be the best!” She said, giving thumbs up, and smiling. Naruto smirked. “Yeah, that is if you can get past me first!” He said. Akiri smiled in return. “I'll accept that as a challenge.” She said. Naruto smiled and walked away. “I'll see you later. I'll win that tournament! Believe it!” He said waving. Akiri waved back. “Are you finished?” Gaara asked. Akiri smiled and nodded.
 
They found an inn and got a room. It was a large room with 2 bathrooms, and two beds, with a couch and some chairs, and a huge window that brought in a lot of light. Akiri rushed to the window that overlooked the entire village. “This is so neat! Look out here guys.” But no one went over to her, they were too busy unpacking. “Not now Akiri, we need to plan.” Temari said, sounding serious. Akiri walked over to her. “Okay Temari, what are we planning?” “Where we're gonna sleep.” Temari answered. Kankuro and Gaara stopped in their tracks. “Well, should we sleep by gender? It would probably be more comfortable.” Temari said, looking at Akiri. Gaara frowned. “It's not like I'm going to be sleeping anyway.” He said. Kankuro nodded in agreement. “So it's settled, Akiri, you're with Temari, and I get the second bed.” Everyone nodded.
 
Soon after, everyone was getting ready for bed (except for Gaara.) He walked to the door, opened the door, and left the inn room. Where is he going? Akiri thought. She saw Temari get into bed, “Temari, I'll be there in a while, I wanna go... outside first.” Akiri whispered. Temari was too tired to answer. Kankuro, strangely, was nowhere to be seen. So Akiri silently slipped out of the room. She made it outside, but Gaara was nowhere. She looked all around the inn, nothing. Then it hit her. Why didn't I think of it before? She thought, slapping her face in realization. She jumped into the trees, looking over the roof of the inn. Just as she thought, there was Gaara. He was staring into the sky with an emotionless stare, his hair and sash blowing in soft wind. Akiri smiled when she saw him. She crept closer to him.
 
“What do you want?” Gaara asked, not even moving to look at her. “I just came to see you!” She answered. Akiri sat next to him. “You know, the last time we were outside, you never told me. You said you were a... monster.” She said, her voice getting quieter. He looked at her “And you don't?” Akiri shook her head no. “I never did.” “But I tried to kill you! Even after that, you never saw me as one?” He asked, shocked. Akiri put her arms around Gaara's neck. “No.” she whispered. Gaara was completely astonished. “You're crazy, you know that.” Gaara said. Akiri smiled. “No, it's love.” She said, giggling. Gaara pushed off Akiri's arms. “Love?” Akiri smiled. “Yeah, what isn't there to love about you?” She asked. Why...? Why does she care so much for me? Gaara thought. “Akiri,” Gaara asked nervously. “Yes, she answered.” He looked away, slightly blushing. “What is...love? In your opinion.” He asked, getting more nervous.
 
Akiri's eyes widened at Gaara's question. She looked up in thought. “Well... Love to me is...” Akiri put her hand where her heart was. “Love is when you get this feeling, deep down here. When you sometimes can only think of that one person. How to make him or her happy, you worry about them if they are in pain...” She said. “How do you express love? Through those hugs you give me?” He asked. “Well, yes, but...” Akiri looked back at that flashback she had: “No Daddy, I don't want to leave you! I...I love you Daddy!” How she embraced that man, about to go into a deep kiss. Akiri leaned closer to Gaara. “Well, there's also a kiss. But two people must really like each other just for one on the cheek.” Akiri said, remembering in the flashback how the man pushed her away. I still wonder who that man is... Gaara's head tilted. “How do you kiss someone you... really like?” he asked, his cheeks turning red as Akiri leaned closer to him. Akiri smiled warmly. “Well, Gaara, do you like me?” She asked.
 
Gaara looked down. “I...I..” He looked up at her, trying to find the words to say. Akiri got closer. “Here, let me show you, and you tell me what you feel. Just don't hate me, I'm only demonstrating, okay?” Gaara nodded, nervous. Akiri finally put her lips on Gaara's, to a soft kiss. His lips were cold and rough at first, but seemed to relax and warm. Gaara, in his life, never felt the way he did now. The warmth of her body, her lips on his, was so... he couldn't explain it. So this is a kiss... a sign of love... He couldn't control himself, and he moved his arms around Akiri's body. His face felt hot, really hot. He suddenly felt like... he never wanted to let go of her. He mentally slapped himself. THIS IS ONLY A DEMONSTRATION!!! He screamed in his mind. He pushed her off, causing Akiri to fall over on her back.
 
Gaara rushed to his feet. “Sorry.” He mumbled. Akiri looked down. “You didn't like it?” she asked. “No, it-it was shock. I was taking it too... um..” Gaara trailed off, unsure to say. Akiri nodded. “I get it. Well, I guess I should get to bed.” “I-I'll follow you. I have nothing better to do.” Gaara stammered. Akiri grinned and jumped to the trees, to the ground. Gaara silently followed. His face still felt hot from that kiss. His hands were twitching from just moving to embrace her. She was only demonstrating...but I couldn't help but...WHAT AM I THINKING!?! Gaara couldn't stop staring at the ground. It felt to strange to even look at Akiri. They silently slipped into the inn room. “I'll get changed Gaara.” Akiri whispered. She walked into the bathroom. Gaara sat by the windowsill of the big window. All was silent... until he heard some snoring. Gaara looked over to find Temari was the snorer. Then, it took a couple seconds to notice, but Akiri was staring at her. He could see her lips moving that said “Dang...”
 
Akiri walked over to the windowsill and sat down. “I thought you were going to bed.” Gaara said, still looking away from her face. “Well, I wanted to wish you goodnight first.” She said. She turned his face toward hers. “What are you-?” Gaara asked, until Akiri pecked his cheek with a light kiss. Gaara touched his cheek. “Was that...a demonstration too?” He asked, blushing madly. Akiri smiled. “If it makes you happy.” And she walked to bed. “Goodnight.” She said. “Night,” Gaara said, only coming out a whisper.