Naruto Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploits of Missy Butterfly ❯ What Revenge Really Means ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: The story line and my original characters belong to me. The characters Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and Hinata do not belong to me, but Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto). Also Shigure does not belong to me, but to Natsuki Takaya (Fruits Basket)



Exploits of Missy Butterfly
#5: What Revenge Really Means

The most perfect man in the world? Taken? From me?! Then he smirked devilishly and remarked, “But if I ever wanted to get revenge, you’d be the first person I’d call. If I could have your number, that is.” They just seem to be doing all the work for me lately. I gave the perfect-man my number, and on the walk home, I felt like I was floating on clouds. Then when I got home, my husband was there. Shit, I just fell outta the clouds now.

That night, I was laying in bed when he came in and sat next to me. “Look, I know we’re on non-fucking terms right now, but can’t I at least sleep in the bed? That couch is doing a number on my back,” he said. “I never said you couldn’t sleep in the bed, you’re the one who left. So do whatever,” I said. Then I rolled over and went to sleep. In the morning, he was already gone. I assumed he left for work and still isn’t telling me where he goes, because he doesn’t seem to care where I go anymore.

It was about 11 or so when I got a call on my phone. It was the perfect-man Sasuke. I answered, “Wow, I didn’t think you were even going to call me.” “Well, it wasn’t like I didn’t plan on calling you but, I had to wait until she left. She was being a bitch and pissing me off about almost everything,” he said. “So she went to work?” I asked, being nosy. “Yeah,” he answered. “Well I would come over to your house, but I have to go to work too,” I apologized. “Besides, I don’t even know where my husband went.” He laughed, “You don’t even know where your husband went? Wow, you can’t even keep track of yours.” I answered, “we’re on bad terms right now okay? Before that he’d call like, every hour. Well, I gotta go now.” “Okay, I’ll call you later?” he asked. “It’d be better if you didn’t, my husband might be here. Call me tomorrow,” I said. “Okay bye,” he said.

After I got off the phone, I got ready for work. I took my gold car to the building. While I was working Shigure dropped in on me. “So did you change your mind?” he asked. “Yesterday, I just had some me time. That’s all. But when I’m in the mood I’ll call you okay? Are you upset?” I replied. “No, I understand completely. But, there’s something you have to do for me,” he said. “What?” I asked. “You have to kiss me,” he said. “Not here, not now. I’m sorry but people gossip you know,” I explained. “Yeah, I understand,” Shigure said as he got up from leaning on my desk, and met the eyes of the supervisor. She was staring at him, and that was his cue to leave promptly before she said anything. Then she looked at me and asked me to come to her office.

When I was in her office, I saw something I didn’t expect to see. I saw her desk nameplate, Sakura Uchiha - Supervisor. It was right next to a Christmas photo of her and Sasuke. I can’t belive it! The big-headed slave-driver was the perfect-man’s wife?! Now I know why she must piss him off so.

“Lately, I noticed you’ve been fraternizing with that customer on the job. That’s not allowed, you know,” she explained. “Yeah I know,” I remarked, but I kept thinking “that’s why your husband hates you, you biyatch.” Thinking that made me start to laugh. “What’s so funny Mrs. Butterfly?” she said in her professional bitchy manner. "The fact that I've been sleeping with your husband, Mrs. Haruno,” I answered. I smiled. Okay, I haven’t actually slept with him, but it probably would’ve led up to that anyways. Plus, I was mad at her. She has always been on my case about everything.

Of course, I was fired.

~Later~

So I’m sitting at home, home 3 hours earlier than usual thinking, what am I going to tell my husband? I may just have to say I got laid off or something. But first, just for two weeks, I’m gonna tell him I’m on vacation (because I need one) and once he realizes the income is going down, I’m gonna have to find another job. Yeah, that works.

The next day, my friend Hinata came over with her baby. I held him in my lap, when she brought up that it was going to be her birthday soon. “So you need a cake, we have to have cake!” I announced. “Yeah right, you want cake, I want ice cream,” she said. I say, “How about I make you a cake anyway? I’ll find a recipe that is different than any cake you’d expect. You know, something not generic like yellow or chocolate cake.” She says, “That’s interesting, if it’s not too much trouble for you, we can do that.” I say, “Of course it’s not, I offered. Besides with him, you can’t make your own cake or have a party.” “Well, I was planning on having a party. I found someone to watch him for me. If you want, we can plan it together right now,” she said. I said, “Okay, it’s gonna be a big party, for your 21st birthday? And how about the after party?” She questions, “After party?” I hint, “You know, the VIP after after party?” “Oh that!” she giggles. “Yes that. But just be careful, you don’t want another mini-Naruto do you?” I warn her. She laughs again, and I gave the baby a kiss on the fore head. “You look more and more like daddy every day, don’t you? Except, you have mommy’s eyes,” I said to him. All he did was stare at me, like he does to everyone. I think he has his dad’s looks, but his mom’s personality. He just turned one, and he doesn’t say anything, although I think he’s capable of talking just fine. Or at least a little.

To Be Continued . . .

Review please, I love those!