Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ As The World Falls Down ❯ The Rarity of Seasons ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As the World Falls Down
By Delena/Aneled Hupp
Rating PG (for the time being)
Genre Drama/Romance/Angst
Legalities Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, and all other shinobi mentioned in this fic are property of Kishimoto Masashi.
Mission Statistic Warnings Het and angst.
Mission Status Report Multi-chapter
End briefing-Begin Document: Rarity of Seasons
It is one of those days, the kind that can only be experienced at the tail end of summer shifting to autumn, where the weather is neither cool nor hot but a pleasant balance in the middle. Though technically Naruto and Sakura are no longer students under Hatake Kakashi's tutelage, they still take his advice when he mentions the day is perfect for training. Naruto- Jounin level though he may be- still feels inclined to complain.
So here they are in the last days of summer, training. After half the day had passes, Sakura is chagrined to find herself tiring while Naruto, ever full of energy, continues sparring with ease. Her defence slips and in a split second, she finds herself staring dizzily at the sky. If it were a complete necessity, she would regain her stance as quickly as possible, but it isn't necessary and years of being Naruto's team-mate has had some influence on her sparring priorities- at least where gorgeous days are concerned.
“Sakura-chan, you okay?” Naruto looms over her and offers his hand. An apprehensive looked passes over his face as he momentarily struggles between the idea of running in fear of the kunoichi's wrath or staying to help her stand. A wicked grin graces Sakura's face and before Naruto has time to react, she sweeps his legs from beneath him. He falls gracelessly over her, and would have landed on her had he not caught himself. Situations like this have occurred before; it has become a joking routine almost. Naruto cracks a somewhat perverted grin.
“Yes, I'm fine Naruto-kun, why do you ask?” she says in a peculiar tone and wraps her arms around Naruto's neck seductively before she alters the routine; her lips flutter across his enticingly.

Maybe it isn't quite the revenge she had wanted to exact, but look of shock on his face is good enough for the moment.
End Chapitre
Post-Mission Briefing This is kind of an experimental writing style for me. The chapters should be able to stand alone as linked one-shots; they are also ungodly short. This is my response to an overabundance of SasuSaku. Long live NaruSaku.