Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Clippings and Snippets ❯ Simple ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Simple
By: emeraldoni
Disclaimer: I do not claim any rights to Naruto, because it only belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
He was her everything. Yes, they fought for Konoha, and that was their job, their honor, their loyalty. But their love…yeah…that only belonged to each other. And when she learned of his death, after those fateful moments of naïve foreshadowing, she had lost all that love that had been held her heart, and instead it morphed into something completely different, something that drove her to be the best.
 
She would see his scarred face in her mind's eye every so often. Oddly enough, it was never when she visited his simple, barren grave, but when she was doing average, everyday tasks. And during those moments, when these flashes of the past barraged her, she would have to sit down, all the while twisting the plain, golden band encircling her ring finger.
 
She never took that ring off. Never. Not when she slept, nor when she took a shower, not even when she went on missions and blood and entrails claimed her hands much closer than anyone else, except for him. At those times, it was like she was sacrificing for him. The deaths never reached her, just a twisting of the intestine that was a sick satisfaction—that she had killed the ones who would be her love's enemies.
 
And though things had changed, though he wasn't there and she no longer was disgusted by her murderous fingers, she still tended her flowers and cleaned their quaint little flat and made dinner for two—every single night.
 
And that's how it would always be, until the day she died. She would live like anyone else with disabled emotions and pained smiles, though her chin would be held high and her hands would be steady. She would always be alone, until the day she finally got to share that simple little plot of earth with him, until finally they were both in a grave.
 
Because though death parted them, it would also bring them together, for that's how it was meant to be.
 
Oooo000OOO000oooO
 
A/N: Well, this just popped up at 10 Pm at night and I had to get it out of my system. I've been so overwhelmed lately. And this is going to be kept short because I have to go to bed so I can get up early and do my HW.
 
Can you guess who this couple is supposed to be? You've got to be really up to date to know. Hint: Team 10, and Team 8.
 
Please review.
 
Until next time,
 
emeraldoni
 
PS: I'll get to the `Vacuum cleaner' drabble next time. This just hit me and I had to write it. Sorry.