Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Crash World ❯ Totetsumonai ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Title means `unbelievable.' The song is copyrighted by me. It is mine. Do not steal, or I will put up a ruckus that you cannot ignore!
Chapter 5- Totetsumonai
“Sakura, for the last time- focus already!
If anyone knew that Tsunade wasn't a patient woman, it was her apprentice.
But at that moment, her apprentice didn't seem to care.
It was now officially the fifth bone the Hokage had broken during their typical training time, and Sakura wasn't improving any at all. In fact, even to be fair about the situation, she was almost worse than in her genin days. Which was ticking the Hokage off incredibly bad.
She knew she hadn't been training this girl for three years just so she could revert back to her old self.
Sakura sighed, healing herself yet again. She wasn't focused enough to train today. Her teacher, she was sure, didn't know why. She hadn't told her yet, after all. Telling your teacher that you were getting married and you only had two weeks (now, more like a week and a half) to decide between your two suitors was not a normal thing. That was also one of the reasons she hadn't wanted to tell Sasuke or Naruto, once the problem had reared its ugly head. She heaved a heavy sigh.
“Sui'masen, Tsunade-shishou. I just can't today.”
She stood, a worried expression on her face as she dusted off her training uniform. Her teacher motioned to her roughly, bidding her to follow, and she did. They went to one of her favorite places- an up-scale bar that was usually fairly empty in the early afternoons like this. She sat her down across the table, ordering sake for herself and water for her student.
“Tell me what happened.”
Sakura still wasn't sure whether the commands came with the strength or the Hokage title, but Tsunade had gotten used to them by now, that was for sure. The kunoichi fiddled with the edge of the solid green table cloth. It was definitely not an easy task, telling someone that you were engaged when you really didn't want to be. But she started as best she could.
And by the end, she'd sped up and spilled more than she had even intended. The woman stared at her blankly. Sakura continued to fidget.
When sake goes untouched in front of Tsunade, you know it's something big.
 
After waiting fifteen minutes for her teacher to say something and getting nothing but a blank stare, Sakura finally left the bar and headed towards her old training grounds. Maybe something a little less dangerous… like meditation… would suffice for today. Her nerves were beyond fried.
“Yo.”
And Fate really didn't like her. But still she turned and offered a small smile to the silver-haired Jounin. He ambled up and offered his arm to her, and she hesitated only a split second before taking it. If she couldn't spend time with Izumo, she still had one other suitor she had to keep an eye on.
“Kakashi-” she still had to mentally stop herself from calling him `sensei'- “What are you doing around here? Weren't the new genin teams being split off today?”
Not that anyone had gotten onto his team after their classical Team 7 either, but she still asked that question. It was only their third year of being separated, after all, and Sakura had still trained with him after the dismantlement of their team. His single showing eye crinkled in amusement.
“Yes, but the introductions have already been made and I sent them home to prepare for tomorrow's test.”
Uncontrollable giggles seeped from her mouth, and she didn't notice when he smiled a little wider.
“What?”
“Your test is pure brilliance, and it's no wonder you've only had one team,” she laughed, but sobered after a minute, a nostalgic smile flitting across her face. “The only reason we made it… was because of Sasuke-kun.”
She laughed again at his slightly shocked expression.
“He was the one who first offered Naruto his lunch. He was the one who shot back at you your own words about teamwork. If not for him we wouldn't have become the people we are today.” She lifted her head to the sky, unconsciously leaning a bit closer to the older man. “I wouldn't have worked so hard as the Hokage's apprentice… Naruto might never have discovered how he had the potential to be completely taken over by the Kyuubi's consciousness… maybe… just maybe… I wouldn't even be in this mess I so thoroughly find myself caught up in… now…”
Kakashi stopped, and her arm caught on his gently, tugging her back to his side from the slight lead she'd gained in the moment. Beryl eyes shot up to meet his of dark grey. That eye… at the moment, it was staring her through, but sorrowfully, soul-searching. For the briefest of moments, his thumb caressed her high cheek, wiping away the beginning of a tear, and within another split second, he was gone. Disappeared.
Her mind could not wrap around that look, that action. What… had caused it? Kakashi had never done anything remotely like that before; he had always treated her like a child… nothing more than a little girl. But he had acted… as though he were quite aware of her womanhood. Had acted… like the western fairytales of a `knight in shining armor.' Unconsciously, she replayed the event in her mind as she wandered towards the hospital, a murmured a soft, lilting song:
Unbelievable…
Unspeakable,
This feeling I find in my heart.
Like falling,
It's so natural.
I knew what to do from the start.
Like flying;
It's foreign-
It shows me new things are not far…
And I should have known from the start…
It's unbelievable…