Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In Between Here And There ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Between Here And There

Prologue

Kunoichi008

Summary: Yondaime/Sakura.


Beep. Beep. Beep.

"How is she?"

"Stabilized at the moment, it was a near thing you finding her. Exposed out there any longer and she might have died." The female medic-nin’s voice answered.

A nod. "Her injuries were severe when I found her, it seemed as if were attacked by an animal of some sort."

"Seems that way doesn’t it?" A sigh. "I didn’t think she’d pull through, especially with all the internal hemorrhaging. I was certain she would die." A pause. The speaker frowned lightly. "Do you have any idea who she is?"

"None what-so-ever, but I think she may have been trained in the ninja arts."

The man’s companion raised a slender brow.

He elaborated. "She was clutching a kunai in her hand and had a shuriken hostler tied to her leg when I found her."

"And they are now where?"

"The kunai, she let go of by the time we arrived here and the hostler." The sound of someone rifling through a pocket suddenly filled the room. "Right . . . here . . . . let me just get . . . aha! Here we go."

"Let me have it a moment." A pause. "This . . . this has the Konoha insignia on it."

"Where?"

"Here. Under the flap. See? Konoha."

". . . . But I’ve never seen her around before.

"I know. Pink hair is hard to miss and/or forget."

"Hhhmmm . . . She could be from a neighboring village, maybe the insignia is just there to throw us off . . . Our hostlers don’t have our mark on them."

"Well. We’ll just have to wait for her to wake up and ask her then." The blonde woman glanced at a clock on the wall. "And you need to get to a meeting." A grin. "I hear the elders a pissed at you for skipping the last four because of ‘difficulties concerning the village.’"

"Eheh . . . the very lives of the citizens of Konoha depended on my being there at that time . . . . ?"

"Of course! You missing those meetings had absolutely nothing to do with you dropping by Ichiraku to enter their ‘Free ramen for a year to whomever can drink the most chilli sauce’ contest."

"Err . . ."

"Or you getting piss drunk with Shikato, Choumaru, and Inoshi."

"There was a very good reason for that . . ."

"And I suppose you giving Anko, Kakashi, Gai and Ibiki booze and tricking them into drinking it despite their obvious underage stature was also just another rumor?"

"It was funny!"

"Or you and Jiraiya going on an ‘information gathering’ mission."

"That was a very important mission! Jiraiya was losing inspiration!"

"Sure sure. Now get lost. The sooner you get chewed out by them the better."

". . . . You’re so mean . . ."

"And you’re a lousy hokage. What can we do? Now stop stalling and go!"

"Alright alright! Keep me informed of her situation, okay Tsunade?"

"Yes, yes now go! And good luck Yondaime-sama."


PLEASE don’t kill me . . . . . I was bored . . . . .

I'm not gonna make this story a long one either. It'll just be a few chapters. Eheh . . . don't kill me please?