Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kiite Kudasai ❯ Phantom Memory ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: -_-;; I give up on trying to get the title right for now. I've been told bout four different ways that are the `correct' ways. Anywho, here's the third chapter. It's totally shorter than previous chapters, sorry, but I had to drop it off here for the next chapters to work out like I want.

<> = thought


Naruto and everyone belong to Kishimoto Masahi.

~*~ Kiite Kudasai : Phantom Memory ~*~

I exist.

Surely, you must see me.

I know the way you look

Trying to pass me by

I know that I was wrong

But then again,

So are you.

So don't just walk away.

I'm not a wall,

I can't make you stay.

The pressure building,

Drives me

Until I can't take it

`til it explodes inside

And watch me die.

There were moments, instances when the pain became so intense, he was numb. Then Kyuubi would snarl and pain would flare to life again.

<I can't stay here. God, just kill me.>

And suddenly he was facing Kyuubi down. Standing at the cage doors. The seal was almost broken, the giant fox-demon threw itself hard against it.

"No…" he pleaded, "You'll destroy me. It feels like I'm tearing apart…"

Kyuubi snarled, but said nothing and threw itself again.

Naruto screamed and clawed at his arms, body thrashing. Blood flowed forth, in reality. In his mind. And Kyuubi did nothing to save him.

Blue eyes met snarling red.

The seal tore a little more.

Naruto ran.

~~@~~

He shoved the note in his pocket, jealousy flaring in him. Why write a letter to her? He'd never really acknowledged the pink-haired fangirl with anything but annoyance. But now he hated her. His own teammate. He, the Great Sasuke, sole survivor of Itachi's massacre, was jealous.

He squeezed Uzumaki's forehead protector to his chest, then went to find his teacher.

Kakashi closed the bedroom door as the ebony-haired boy appeared.

"Find anything?" Kakashi inquired, peering at him with one eye.

Sasuke held out the headgear, but pulled it back to himself when Kakashi reached for it. <Mine.> his mind thought boldly, <Until he returns.>

Kakashi eyed him, silent.

"So what happened?"

Kakashi gave only a shrug, making Sasuke want to reach out and pummel his teacher. "There's no sign of struggle. A bit of blood, but no body."

Sasuke didn't know how to take that bit of information. It only circled back to his previous conclusions. Runaway or suicide. Both made him want to dart out and find the dobe and smack him around. Or kiss him.

He shook himself at that last thought. The last Uchiha was NOT gay. No way, no how. He had to revive his clan. <That's always been my dream…> He frowned. How long had it been since he'd even thought about that? Ages. He couldn't even recall.

The youth realized Kakashi was still watching him. He turned his head away, hoping his sensei failed to notice his blush.

Kakashi, however, had noticed, and now understood. So, there was more than just the missing Naruto's life at stake in this game.

"So what can we do?" Sasuke asked, voice quiet and soft, eyes once more studying the headgear in his hand.

"Nothing."

Two Sharingan-reddened eyes were suddenly turned on him. Sasuke's fine features twisted to a snarl, "What?"

"There is nothing we can do but report to Tsunade."

Sasuke's features relaxed a slight bit and he nodded, "Then let's go."

"You should go home."

The snarl returned.

Kakashi held up his hands in defeat, "Alright, but…you might not like the outcome of the meeting."

Sasudke blinked. "Huh? Why? You think she'll do nothing?"

"Oh, she'll definitely do something." The gray-haired man shoved his hands into his pockets, "Look at you hand, Sasuke-kun. Naruto's left. Nine-tails, best as I can tell, has gone rogue. For the safety of Konoha…"

Sasuke didn't let him finish his sentence.

~*~*~*~

Ch. 3 Fin.

Thank you, everyone, for your reviews so far! You have no idea how much I appreciate them. ^^