Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Me in the Mirror ❯ Don't want to care anymore... ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

. F e e l m y l o v e .

It's cold here, all alone in this big emptiness.
But I guess you already knew that, because you know everything, don't you, oh great Sasuke.
Hmph, Well I don't care what you know, not like the rest of them. Go and smirk at them instead, they'd love for you to.
Wait, no, don't go smirk at them, smirk at me instead, because I like that smirk. I love it, actually.
Because when you do that smirk, I can see the emptiness in your eyes.
You know what else I love about you?
I love the way you fight. I love fighting against you and just watching you whenever you do.
Do you know why?
Because it's then that I can see how much it matters to you, how much you care about winning, and I know that if you lost, you'd break. Just like that, it'd be so easy to shatter you into hundreds of thousands of tiny little pieces.
And I'd laugh.
I laugh a lot though, don't I?
Some people hate my laugh, they say I do it too much, but I don't really care so much anymore. Should I care? No.
But then, they haven't heard me laugh before, not really. I don't think I've ever really laughed properly; I've forced lots of them, but never a true one.
It's hilarious when you think about it.
So that's me, the kid with the big goofy smile and they retarded dreams. Yup, me in a nutshell. But it's not you, is it Sasuke-kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn.
Did you like that? Yeah, you did, you like it when I'm `respectful' to you, makes you feel big, doesn't it? Yeah, it does.
You like it when I smile at you too, don't you, and when I'm nice. You feel good about yourself, you feel like I'm finally becoming real just because of you, you always knew that all my smiles and laughs from before were fake.
But what you don't know, Sasuke, is that these smiles are fake too, the ones I give you are all artificial, just with a higher degree of pretence.
But still, you don't know it.
. F e e l m y h a t e .

Hmm, there's something missing in this picture though, isn't there?
Ah, I remember now, you wonderful older brother that you're always going on about. Itachi, wasn't it? I like the sound of him.
I wonder how long he took, toying with you before finally killing them and leaving just you. Just little old you, all alone in the big, wide world. He was smart, that Itachi. But then, he didn't count on how much everyone loves Uchiha Sasuke, `cause he's just too pretty.
But then again, you hate that too.
There's a thing I really hate about you though, the whole `avenger' thing. Come on Sasuke, just get over it already. It was years ago and we've all got better things to do instead of waiting around for you to get stronger and go to kill the last remaining family member you have just so that you can be happy.
But would you be happy?
My guess is no, you'd still be going on about it. But you know what's worse?
Everyone would still love you for it, no matter how miserable you make their lives.
Well, I guess I'll just have to jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd then.
Time to feel sorry for Sasuke.
So then, lets just take on last look in the mirror.
What do you see?
I know what I see, a nothing. Yep, the nothing that is me.
But what do you see? Everything, that's what, because you are everything, as much as you and I hate it.
I guess that's one thing we have in common.
No, wait, there's another thing.
When I look in the mirror, there's something about my eyes.
They're empty, cold and dark.
They are…I am….
…you.
. F e e l m y p a i n .