Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Meaning Before I'm Dead ❯ Hinata's Story Unveiled ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
AN: I’m back and ready to continue with this story. Sorry it took long. I was in deep thinking to see how this went. Thank you for the reviews Here’s chapter three, enjoy.

Also one more note: The rating will go up for hardcore gore, language, and more violence. YAY VIOLENCE!!!


Meaning Before I’m Dead

What happened last time:


Hinata hid under the covers and placed her knees up to her chin and she quivered in fright. The bed felt like a presence of someone was crawling after her. The covers flew off of Hinata’s head, and she was pinned down. She began gagging. She felt being scratched on her back. She tried calling for help, but it was no use. She felt her words stuck in her throat. Her eyes rolled backwards. When the presence left her alone, Hinata fell out of her bed and cried so loud with fear, terror , and uncontrollably. Blood started soaking her pajama top from her ghostly scratch. Kurenai slammed the door open and found Hinata on the floor on her hands and knees, shaking like a terrified dog.

“Hinata-chan, what’s wrong? What happened?!” Kurenai asked in fright. Hinata fainted in her arms.

“Hinata-chan!” cried Kurenai so loud as she almost broke into tears.


Chapter three: Hinata’s Story Unveiled

Kurenai went to get her jacket as fast as she can. She put it on and draped a blanket over Hinata’s unconscious body. Kurenai picked up Hinata and carried her on her back. She opened the door and locked it as she headed for the hospital.

“Oh great, now it starts raining again.” Kurenai said to herself. She quickened her pace to get to the hospital before it starts pouring worse.

‘Hurry up Kurenai I have to get her there before she gets sick and even bleed worse.’ Kurenai said to herself again.

She arrived at the hospital in time before it poured terribly. Kurenai was drenched as well was Hinata.

“Someone please help Hinata-chan, please.” Kurenai pleaded as her tears were mixed with the water from the rain.

The nurses saw the drenched Kurenai and rushed to her. They let down the blanket covered Hinata, and took off the drenched blanket off her. They saw a lot of blood soaking out of Hinata’s pajama top.

“How long was she bleeding Kurenai-san?” asked one of the nurses holding Hinata.

“Not too long ago, probably about half an hour ago.” Kurenai replied.

“Quick, get Shizune-san, and take the girl to a room so we can treat her wounds.” The nurse ordered the other nurses.


At one of the hospital rooms

The nurses cut off Hinata’s blood covered pajama top and saw her wounds. There was a lot of blood smeared all over her back. They got some oxygenated water and poured the entire bottle all over Hinata’s back to prevent her from infection. They cleaned up her cut when they saw her wound. It was deep, her skin was cut open. There were three exactly like it.

“Poor child; Hurry and bring the stitching kit. We have to stitch her wounds before she bleeds even more.” Shizune ordered her assistants.

One of the assistants handed Shizune the stitching kit as Shizune began to inject an anesthetic fluid in the three opened wounds. She grabbed her tweezers, scissors, and the hooked string of the stitching kit.

One by one, Shizune stitched Hinata’s back. She inserted the hooked string in Hinata’s skin. Then she made a knot to close the skin, and she repeated the process over on the rest of the wounds. (AN: I know Shizune is a medic nin, but I rather do my story my way. You know medic nin do waste chakra. I know all about how to do stitches b/c I had stitches on my right wrist. Well, back to the story.)

At the waiting room

When Shizune was done, she went to check up on Kurenai who was waiting patiently in the waiting room. Kurenai had her head in her hands with tears in her eyes.

“Kurenai-san, we’re done with Hinata-chan.” Shizune said to the jounin in front of her.

“How is she?” Kurenai asked Shizune as she wiped her tears.

“She’s doing fine. A total of probably seventy-two stitches. How did this happened Kurenai-san?” Shizune asked the kunoichi in front of her.

Kurenai placed her head on her palms and shook her head. “I don’t know. She was screaming all terrified when I got there, then she fainted. She was already injured. Shizune-san you should’ve seen how she looked when I got there. She looked like she’s seen a ghost or something. She was on her hands and knees, crying and screaming in horror. I don’t know what caused her to have those wounds.” Kurenai replied.

“She has scratch marks on her cheeks too.” Shizune said as she took a seat next to Kurenai.

“Hinata told me she did them to herself.” Kurenai responded back.

“She can go home in about a week. Kurenai-san, you should take her to see a psychologist or something. Tsunade-sama can help. But you have to inform her family about this. She may hurt herself worse than she is now.” Shizune suggested as she stared at the ceiling.

“Hinata’s not crazy, if that’s what you’re referring to Shizune-san.” Kurenai said defensively.

“I’m not saying she’s crazy, because I know that’s not Hinata-chan’s personality. I’m just saying she could use some help. It’s probably because she’s so stressed out. She had to push herself to be strong to become the heiress of her clan. Just think about it Kurenai-san.” Shizune said as she got up and left.



Hinata’s room

Hinata laid on her stomach, sleeping soundly. She woke up to a sound of something falling. She opened her eyes wide and jolted up. But as she jolted up, she winced at the pain on her back.

Hinata, over here.” Said a child’s voice in the room.

Hinata looked everywhere when the figure of a child was straight in front of her. It was grinning.

Look at you. You’re so pathetic like that. If you let us help you, we will get revenge on those who hurt you. Like your otou-san.” The child said as it started coming closer to Hinata.

“GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!” she screamed aloud. Hinata grabbed something close by and threw it at the figure. The glass shattered.

Pathetic. You should really let us help you. Or…” the child pulled Hinata’s hair back and grinned at her. It began to scratch her arms deep like her previous wounds.

"I can kill you right at this spot. But since we're going to need you, I'll just leave you right now. Sooner or later, we're gonna come back." the child disappeared.

Hinata began crying and quivering. “It’s all in my head. It’s all in my head. It’s all-” Hinata was stopped when she lost her senses she began to scream like an insane person. “It’s not in my head, it’s not in my-” she began to cry harder.

The door burst opened, Shizune and Kurenai saw Hinata crying and screaming. Shizune saw the fresh wounds on one of Hinata’s arms.

“Someone please get some bandages quick.” Shizune demanded to one of the nurses in the doorway.

Hinata was crying and sobbing. “He w-was h-here.” she said between sobs. “HE WAS HERE! HE WAS HERE! HE WAS HERE!!!” Hinata screamed as she held on to Kurenai.

“Hinata-chan, who was here?” Kurenai asked as she stroked Hinata’s short hair to calm her down.

“A little boy. A little boy was in here, and he did this to me Kurenai-sensei.” Hinata replied shakily.

Shizune looked at Hinata with concern. She then looked up at Kurenai.

The nurse Shizune ordered to get the bandages came back with them as she was ordered to. Shizune grabbed the bandages and pulled Hinata’s wounded arm towards her. She began to bandage Hinata’s arm as she was began a conversation.

“Hinata are you sure you saw a little boy in here? Maybe it’s just your imagination. You had a rough day, so just take a rest. You’re going to be here for a while.” Shizune said as she finished wrapping Hinata’s arm.

“Shizune-san, he was real. He was real. I didn’t do this to myself.” Hinata protested to Shizune about the boy Hinata was talking about.

“Here, take this pill, it’ll help you sleep for the night. You just need a good rest today. Don’t worry, Kurenai-san will be staying here with you.” Shizune handed Hinata the pill and a glass of water that was near the bed.

Hinata shakily put the pill in her mouth. She then took the glass of water and drank the pill down.

“Open your mouth wide please. I need to make sure that you did take the pill. It’s not that I don’t trust you Hinata-chan.” Shizune cupped Hinata’s chin and Hinata gently opened her mouth for Shizune to see. “Good girl, now please take a rest.” Shizune left with the nurse that brought the bandages. Kurenai sat down on a chair next to the bed. Hinata then quickly fell asleep.

The sun’s rays came through the window and hit Hinata’s face. She slowly opened her eyes too see blue ones in front of her. “Oi Hinata-chan, so nice to see you’re awake.” Naruto said as he smiled. Hinata looked around the room and saw all eight rookies and her cousin with his teammates.

“What time is it?” Hinata asked anybody that was in the room.

“It’s five in the afternoon.” Neji answered as he moved towards Hinata’s bed. “How are feeling?”

“I’m fine, but how did you know I was here?” Hinata asked.

“Kurenai-san called me and I told the others. How did you get hurt Hinata-imouto?” Neji asked his cousin.

“You won’t believe me Neji-Niisan. Nobody will believe me.” Hinata lowered her head to tear her eyes away from everyone in the room.

“Try us.” TenTen replied as she walked near Hinata’s bed.

Hinata looked at everyone in her room. She felt like she could trust her friends with her recent experiences.

“Something hurt me which caused the wounds from my back. This evil force, or presence some people say, said my name. Once was when I was at the cemetery, where you found me Niisan. The other time it spoke to me when I was at Kurenai-sensei’s house. It said horrible things to me. It spoke about revenge and other things. Then there were these little girls singing a rhyme. It then pinned me down. It was suffocating me. Then it caused me the wounds on my back. I cried and I was frightened that the last thing I remembered was that I felt unconscious. Later I woke up again to figure out that I was at the hospital. That evil voice came back, but it came from a child. A little boy appeared in front of me. It said the same thing as that other voice about revenge. He said that I am weak, and pathetic. He caused my wound from my arm.” Hinata finished her story. She hoped that her friends believed her. She isn’t crazy, and she knows that. She didn’t imagined what happened to her that night.

Everyone in the room was silent. They taken up the information that Hinata had given to them. Everyone knows that Hinata isn’t a liar. She always told the truth. But the information she gave them about her experiences was something they couldn’t decide whether it was true or false. They know that she isn’t crazy. They know how tough her life is. They just have to give a chance to believe her story.

“So an evil presence did this to you?” asked Ino as she began to think deeper of the story she just heard. Hinata nodded.

“I’ve read about ghosts, and poltergeist activity. The books I read said that spirits only play tricks with you. That they can’t harm you. I never heard of a ghost that can actually dangerously harm a human.” TenTen replied everyone looked at her. TenTen sheepishly smiled at everyone. “It’s a hobby and interest I’ve discovered recently. But I read that a spirit can posses a human. If it’s an evil spirit that takes over your body, you can release it from your body if a priest performs and exorcism. The book I read also says that some of the exorcisms that were performed are successful, others are not. It depends I think on how strong the spirit is.” TenTen finished explaining.

“You’re pretty smart at this aren’t you?” Shikamaru lazily asked. TenTen nodded a reply.

“Hey I have an idea, why don’t we have a sleepover here at the hospital. This way so we can take care of Hinata and not let her be alone.” Ino suggested. Everyone agreed to what Ino said. “Besides, Kurenai-sensei needs to take a rest. She hasn’t slept all day.”

“Okay everyone, let’s go get our sleeping bags and come back her in one hour. I’m going to ask Shizune-san and Tsunade-sama that we’re going to have the sleepover here.” Sakura said. Everyone left Hinata’s room to their homes to get their things for the sleep over.

“I’ll comeback, so sleep for a bit. I’ll wake you up when everyone arrives.” Neji told Hinata as she stretched her arms for her to hug him. He lowered himself and gently hugged her back. He walked out of the room and left to the Hyuga household.

------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

AN: Well there was chapter three. Good? Bad? So-so? Review please. I tried to make it good, but I don’t know if it is.- -’

Next chapter: The sleepover of horror begins.