Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Connoisseur ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Enter standard disclaimer here. Nope, not mine, not mine at all…damn…

AN: This vignette takes place shortly before Jiraiya a.k.a. The Open Pervert becomes Naruto's Sensei.

Memoirs of a Connoisseur

By: Wicked Innuendo

The glow of a single burning candle illuminated the small desk. The lighting was faint, but the solitary flickering flame was all he needed to perform his craft. A confident calloused hand loosely held the pencil; practiced strokes outlined the dip of her navel and then shaded high cheekbones. Jiraiya flipped the pencil upside down; removing the few smudges. Sake perfumed breath gently blew pink eraser dust from the sketch. She was almost as beautiful as her flesh and blood counterpart soundly asleep on the futon, an arm's reach away.

This was his life now. He was an artist, a writer, a connoisseur of beautiful women, a site seer of life wandering to wherever the day led him. Long since had he retired his Ninja ways. He felt no regret in the decision. He deserved this, none would argue that. He had spent decades serving Hidden Leaf Village, swearing fealty to three Hokages in his lifetime, but now that life over. He did as he pleased, wrote when he desired, seeking inspiration in the beds of beauties across the countryside.

Only if they could see me now,he mused, reminiscing those from his younger years. He had transformed from gangly prankster to suave Casanova.

Only if she could see me now. A reverie of platinum corn silk braids an overabundance of creamy cleavage, a wicked sharp tongue, and a mean right hook. Tsunade. But, those were the days of yesteryear, long gone, but never forgotten. It was in the past and he was content with the carefree life he led now.

She rolled over, seeking the warm body of her shinobi Adonis. Her brow furrowed in disappointment as her hand touched cool sheets of the empty futon. She cracked fatigued chocolate eyes, a small grin touch the corners of her lips as she saw him diligently working at the writing table.

"What are you doing at that desk in the wee hours of the morning?" Her voice was sleepy, yet she still managed to sound seductive all the same.

He raised the patternless porcelain sake cup to his mouth, swallowing the warm wine. "I am immortalizing you, my love."

"Make me immortal some other time," she smiled, patting his empty side of the bed. "I want you again already."

Every true lover knows that the moment of greatest satisfaction comes when ecstasy is long over and he beholds before him the flower that has blossomed beneath his touch*, he completes the last sentence of the kanji in next months final Chapter of Come, Come Paradise and crawled back into the bed to pleasure the young woman.

~end

* - A quote from Don Juan DeMarco (1995) starring Johnny Depp

AN: Inspired by all the beautiful bishiefied Jiraiya fanart at Ramn (.) net and a comment made by the artist about the lack of Jiraiya ficage.