Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Memorial Site ❯ Memorial Site ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I found him yesterday at the Memorial Site. It was uncomfortable to stand behind him as he stared through the rain, tracing his finger tips over the names of his fallen teammates. Rin, Uchiha Obito and Namikaze Minato. Every time before he goes out on a mission or comes back from a mission, that is the first place he goes. It hurts watching him trace those names over and over, as if it has been ingrained into his brain.
Now today though when I come to give my respects to someone I have lost I see him trail his finger over an entirely new name… Uchiha Sasuke, the man that I have come to grieve for.
When I first saw Hatake Kakashi coming here at a young age I didn't put much though into it. At the time what my sensei did with his free time wasn't as important as it should have been. Not that he paid much attention to my social time either, but still one would think that I should have watched his every move to learn something different about my teacher. Funny how that thought never occurred to me.
I wish I could cure him of this heartache but I can only heal physical wounds not emotional ones. Unfortunately I can only watch as one of the strongest men that I have ever known falls deeper into his hidden depression.