Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ mischief's cracktastic shorts ❯ Of Distrust And Bowls Of Warm Water [crossover] ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: written for wildwesternwind over at eljay. This is a Naruto/Avatar crossover. Hopefully I haven't raped anyone's characterization.
Pairing: none
Warnings: none. (yes, rly)
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Avatar: The Last Airbender, though I do think Sokka is the most adorable thing on the planet.
 
Of Distrust And Bowls Of Warm Water
 
 
Sokka's nostrils flare as he eyes the new guy. Narubo, he says his name is. Or is it Nahuto. More like Stupido, Sokka thinks. They know nothing about this guy - nothing! - and yet, here he is, travelling with them and all of a sudden everyone's new best friend. He watches the stranger pull out weapon after weapon after weapon, describing each use to Aang.
 
Sokka decides right then and there that he's not sleeping that night. Not with that guy and his never ending arsenal nearby. (Where the hell does he keep all that stuff anyway?)
 
After three days Sokka passes out from exhaustion and sleeps for 36 hours.
 
--
 
Okay, so he didn't murder anyone in their sleep. Big deal. Doesn't prove anything, despite whatever Katara says. The guy can make copies of himself! (Sokka discovered that the morning after his er, long nap when Naruto and Aang sparred.) He may not be a bender himself, but he knows enough to realize this guy is dangerous, even if he acts like a raving moron.
 
Toph listens about as well as Katara, though, so once again, Sokka's protests are ignored.
 
--
 
The next day, the interloper spars with Zuko, and all hell breaks loose.
 
It starts off normal enough, and Sokka can barely be bothered to watch. (He ignores the guy on principal!) But then the taunting starts.
 
It doesn't help that the blond seems to be used to fighting fire benders and barely breaks a sweat against Zuko. The Mighty Zu-Zu gets so pissed, he actually storms off in a hissy fit, and Sokka laughs at the spectacle despite himself.
 
Naruto sighs and flops down on the ground next to Sokka. “Is he always like that?”
 
Sokka tenses slightly but answers. “Usually.”
 
The blond snorts. “Dude needs to find a sense of humor, get laid, something.”
 
Sokka tries. Really, he does, but damn, if Naruto isn't right. Again he finds himself laughing.
 
--
 
The following night, Sokka finds himself mysteriously helping Naruto stick Zuko's hand in a bowl of warm water while he sleeps.
 
When Katara later asks him why he would do such a childish thing, he can't come up with an answer.
 
--
 
Two more days find the group outside the Earth Kingdom Capital, Naruto's destination. Aang and Katara both hug the blond. Toph punches his shoulder, while Zuko turns the other way and mutters his good riddance. Sokka gives a two-fingered salute to which Naruto grins widely and hops off Appa's back.
 
As they take off once again he hears Toph snicker. “He's so gay for Naruto.”
 
“It was just a piece of dirt in my eye!”
 
Then all of them laugh, so Sokka folds his arms over his chest and turns his back to his traitorous friends. Just because none of them can tell a joke… What do they know about kindred spirits anyway? He sighs then glances at Zuko.
 
“You're just happy, because he won't be around to kick your butt anymore.”
 
The comment has the desired effect, Sokka notes, as everyone is then too busy breaking up the fight to tease him.
 
End