Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Misfortune ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sakura woke up about half an hour after she fell asleep. The nightmares were plaguing her dreams and her mind was restless. She turned her head and looked at Itachi. The bastard slept like an innocent baby. Heh… Itachi…innocent…innocent Itachi…Sakura couldn't help but laugh inwardly at that thought.
 
She did wonder how that bastard could sleep so soundly after all the crimes he committed and all the innocent blood he spilled. Doesn't any ghost haunt him? Seriously, if merciless villains like him sleep so peacefully then where is Kami-sama looking?
 
Sakura stared at the ceiling with determined eyes. No, she will not sulk and despair. She is a ninja, and a chuunin of Konoha, she will not let her optimistic spirit fade away. If gods or anyone aren't helping then she just has to deal with it herself.
 
“Think, Sakura…think! What can you do?” she asked herself. The only thing that she could go for is to kill Itachi fast while he isn't looking or suspecting anything, probably in a moment like this. Yes, she can't capture him, Itachi was too strong, but she certainly can opt for a quick stab…or blow.
 
“But… I don't have any weapons, and I haven't fought anyone that powerful…wait… Sasori” she remembered Akasuna Sasori that she and lady Chiyo had killed. Sakura grinned “one Akatsuki down… and one to go”. She had to think of a quick tactic. Also, it's better to do it as soon as possible, after all with Itachi under one roof she couldn't be sure that there would be tomorrow for her.
 
After thinking out all possible moves, she opted for a quick and powerful blow. Itachi didn't know about inhuman strength blows that Sakura could do. Also, he is sleeping at the moment and the night is dark.
 
Sakura thought about Sasuke and about his purpose in life. She wondered if he'd forgive her for taking that battle away from him. After all, killing Itachi was his only goal in life. But then she thought of all her friends that Akatsuki butchered. She had to avenge them, even at a cost of her own life.
 
“Sorry, Sasuke, but now it's my revenge as well. I have to avenge team 7. I hope you will forgive me” thought Sakura sadly. She tensed and concentrated all of her chakra into her right hand and clenched her fist.
 
With a fastest speed she could manage she slammed a blow into Itachi's head. There wasn't any scream of pain or struggle. Her hand went right through Itachi's head forming a hole in it, mighty Itachi died instantly.
 
Sakura looked down at Itachi's warm corpse. She felt disbelief and also she felt an incredible amount of freedom. Now, she didn't have to worry for Sasuke anymore, she ensured that at least one of her friends will live.
 
 
She got off the bed and wiped filth's blood off her right hand with the blanket. She dressed into Itachi's Akatsuki robe and pulled his straw hat on. When dressed like that, no one can recognize her and prevent her from leaving the hideout; although it was night, still a good ninja has to be always careful.
 
Sakura wondered in the dark, empty corridors until she found the exit. She headed straight to Konoha to report to lady Tsunade. Knowing Tsunade, she will reward her generously and probably promote as well. Then she will get assigned to a new team to retrieve Sasuke from the Snake sannin.
 
At this moment, life didn't seem that bad to Sakura at all. She could see a bright, new horizon and a reunion with her lost friend, Sasuke.
 
 
THE END.