Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Almost Impossible ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Finally! I have thought of a Naruto idea that seemed good enough to post. All my other ideas wouldn’t go anywhere. Now that I have one though, I don’t care anymore!

This is also on FF.net!

Warnings: This contains yaoi, meaning boy/boy love. Also, some of the people might be OOC, but I don’t care. xD

Main Couple: Sasuke/Naruto.
Other Couplings: Kakashi/Iruka, and little bits of Shikamaru/Ino and a few others. :)

Disclaimer: I don’t own it. If I didn’t there’d be more Sasuke and more Sasuke/Naruto moments. tehehe

----------
Mission: Almost Impossible
Chapter One
Written: August 24, 2006
-----------

They waited. And waited. And waited…

But this was just a normal day for the three teens sitting on a small bridge. They waited for their teacher to show up, which was normal, he was always at least an hour late. The meeting time was for eight o’clock, and it was already nearing ten. Uchiha Sasuke gave the man another half hour.

The Uchiha was used to waiting, so he just sat on the bridge and thought, while the other

two fidgeted and silently complained with their sighs and antsy-ness. He thought about main things while he waited, but it would always lead to the main thing he liked to picture in his mind.

Uzumaki Naruto yawned loudly. Sasuke smirked at that (you know, the smirk that makes fan girls squeal, and makes Naruto pissed off). Naruto was loud- everything about him was loud. His voice, his clothes, even his yawns. But Sasuke didn’t mind; Naruto was Naruto and that couldn’t be helped. Though, he did wish the baka could learn how to shut up when he’s supposed to.

Naruto stretched, laying out in front of Sasuke, his coat unzipped, revealing a tight black T-shirt. The sun shone down on his tanned face, his hair rustled slightly in the breeze, and his eyes were as bright as ever. Sasuke almost smiled at the sight of the beautiful boy in front of him. Almost.

Sasuke looked over to his right, only to see Haruno Sakura sitting on the railing above him. She looked bored and agitated at the fact that their sensei was not there yet. When she looked over to see Sasuke looking at here, she blushed slightly and gave him a cute smile. Sasuke didn’t care.

-----------

According to Saukra’s watch, it was 10:36 when a masked ninja appeared in front of the three teens. Sasuke sighed; he had been off by six minutes. Oh well, at least the man was finally here.

The man was holding a few papers in his hand, Sasuke noticed, wondering what this was

all going to be about. Even though a mask covered up the man’s mouth, one could tell that there was a smile behind it. His visible eye smiled along with it.

“YOU’RE LATE!” Sakura and Naruto both jumped up and pointed at the man as they said this.

“Well, I was caught up with, uh….things,” he replied, still smiling, but this time, it was a nervous smile. To his relief, only Sasuke seemed to notice what he meant by ‘things.’ Iruka.

“What a lame excuse, Kakashi. Usually you have better ones then that,” Sasuke smirked at his teacher. Kakashi’s smile was wiped off his face as he cleared his throat.

“Well, anyways, we have a new mission,” he was going to finish, but was abruptly cut off from one of his students.

“YES! Finally a new mission! It better not be one of those stupid baby ones! I’m ready for

an A-rank mission this time!” Naruto punched the air for emphasis, but it didn’t do much.

“No, it’s not a A-rank mission, Naruto.”

“A B-rank? Or maybe a C-rank? Just not a D-rank!” Naruto pleaded, falling to his knees and giving Kakashi a pouty look. Sakura and Kakashi thought he looked pretty stupid and childish, but Sasuke thought he looked rather cute.

“No. This is a different type of mission, Naruto. Let me explain,” Kakashi shook his head at Naruto’s disappointment. “Let me forewarn you three, or at least you two,” he pointed at the boys, “that you may not like this mission. It cannot be classified into a rank, so that doesn’t matter.”

This is going to be a stupid mission, I can already tell. Something that I won’t want to do,’ Sasuke sighed.

“Now, you all know about the upcoming festival, correct?” Kakashi asked, holding up the papers that were in his hands. They were fliers for the festival. They all nodded, so he continued, “We are all required to go, even me. I know that doesn’t sound too bad, right?” Sakura was grinning, loving this already, Naruto had a skeptical look on his face, and Sasuke was expressionless, as usual. Kakashi smiled slightly and started again, “But there’s more. You see, you have to bring a date.”

“WHAT?” Naruto screamed. “What the hell, sensei!”

“It’s a requirement. There is going to be a dance or something, I heard. The fifth wanted everyone to come with a date,” Kakashi replied, shrugging. “I told you that you wouldn’t like it.”

“I am going to kill that old hag!” Naruto yelled, a growl emerging from his throat.

“Now, now, Naruto. There’s no need for that. It’s only for one night, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a date, even if you just go as friends,” he looked to Sasuke and Naruto, as if hinting at something. The boys didn’t notice, unfortunately. Kakashi had been hinting to those two for ages now.

Seriously, if they don’t realize their feelings soon, I’ll just have to scream it to everyone.’ he chuckled slightly, ‘Naruto probably wouldn’t notice still, though.’

“Wait a second, sensei!” Sakura proclaimed, resting her hands on her hips. “Who are you going with?”

Kakashi blushed, though it was barely visible under his mask. “Well, I haven’t asked him yet, so at the moment, no one.” None of his students seemed to notice that he accidentally said ‘him’ instead of ‘them.’

Well, except Sasuke. The Uchiha cocked and eyebrow and smirked. Oops.

“Who’re going to ask, Kakashi-sensei?” Naruto had to ask.

“Iruka,” might as well tell the truth, right? They were going to figure it out sooner or later anyways.

“Ew! Sensei, I didn’t know you were gay,” Naruto whispered the last word. Sakura glared at him after he said this, and he gave his teacher a sheepish grin. “But good luck!”

“You know Naruto, you don’t have to be so disgusted. I already know he’s going to say yes, but thanks for your concern,” Kakashi’s eye smiled at them.

Naruto nodded his apology, and Kakashi just smiled back.

“Now,” Kakashi started, “you three have one week to find a date and get some clothes. Sakura, you can wear either a furisode or a kimono, whichever you prefer. Sasuke and Naruto, you two can wear a man’s kimono. Good luck!” and with that, the jounin was gone with a puff of smoke.

I’m never going to get a date either. Sasuke will definitely get one though.’ Naruto sighed. “This sucks.”

“No, Naruto! This is going to be fun! I’ll even take you shopping if you need help. You too Sasuke-kun!” Sakura smiled brightly.

Naruto was somewhat shocked. ‘She offered me help? Eh, the only reason was so that she could invite Sasuke too. No fair.’

Sasuke shook his head. “No thanks, Sakura.”

“Well, um, Sasuke-kun?” Sakura asked, blushing heavily. Sasuke already knew the question and the answer, but he waited patiently, not wanting to hurt her too much; he was in a good mood today, even though this new mission brought it down a bit. “Would you like to go to the festival together?”

“No thanks.” Sasuke left then, not wanting to see her reaction, and honestly, not caring.

There was only one person he wanted to go with. The only problem was how he was going to ask. Oh, and then there’s the whole thing where he could say no too. But Sasuke didn’t want to focus on that.

As he walked away, he heard Naruto saying, “Well, you could go with me, Sakura-chan!”

“No, Naruto. Forget it!” Sakura rudely said in reply, stomping off towards her house.

----------

Uzumaki Naruto sighed. This was a disaster, a complete disaster. He was at a shop that sold kimono’s for men and women, alone. After Sasuke declined Sakura, he doubted she would want to help him anymore.

The store had more women’s then men’s, of course, but there was still a large selection. The only thing was, though, that Naruto was smaller then the smallest size they had. Plus, there were no other stores that he knew of that sold men’s kimonos in Konoha. Therefore, it was a disaster, and couldn’t get any worse for him, right?

Wrong!

“Oi, dobe,” Sasuke said from behind him.

Naruto frowned, “What are you doing here?”

“Shopping just like you. Am I not allowed?” Sasuke smirked.

Naruto didn’t answer, he just kept looking through the racks for a smaller size. ‘There just has to be one! I know it!’

Sasuke looked at the blonde, knowing that the other boy was concerned about something. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“It’s nothing. Go shop.”

“Do you need help finding a size or something?” Sasuke guessed.

“Yes. I can find it though, go shop. Leave!” Naruto exclaimed, slightly pushing Sasuke away. ‘This is too embarrassing.’

“No, I’ll help you, what size?” Sasuke persisted.

“They won’t have it. Don’t bother, Sasuke,” Naruto sighed. “Their smallest size was too big on me.”

“Then go look in the girls’ section,” Sasuke bit back his laughter.

“What? No way, teme!” Naruto fumed. “Maybe the kid’s section, but not the girl’s!”

“Okay, then come on, I’ll help you find one that’s not too girly, okay?” Sasuke offered.

“Your only other choice is to wear one that’s too big.”

Naruto blushed. The kimono he had tried kept slipping off his shoulders, exposing tanned shoulders. He didn’t really want to have to adjust it the whole time at the festival. “I guess you’re right. Let’s go.”

----------

“Sasuke-kun said no to me. Who are you going to ask,” Sakura said into her phone. She was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Sorry, Sakura. I’m thinking I might go with Shikamaru. Everyone says he likes me, you know. And, well, I kind of like him too,” Ino’s voice said. She had given up on Sasuke; it was obvious he had feelings for someone else, though she couldn’t put her finger on who.

“That would be cute, Ino! You two make a good couple,” Sakura grinned. “I really wish Sasuke-kun would’ve said yes to me though.”

“How about you ask Rock Lee? I know he’s a little weird and everything, but he likes you a lot, Sakura.”

The pink-haired shinobi sighed, twirling her hair in her fingers. “Yeah, but I want Sasuke-kun. I mean, who else would he go with?”

“Don’t be so conceded, forehead,” Ino teased. “I don’t know who Sasuke is going to go with, but I think you’d be better off trying to go with someone else.”

“Maybe. We’ll just have to see, I guess,” Sakura said. “Want to go shopping?”

----------

“How about this one?” Sasuke held up a pink kimono with flowers all over it. Nothing could get more girly then that!

“Shut up, Sasuke. I knew I shouldn’t have let you help me,” Naruto blushed, very embarrassed.

Sasuke noticed. “Okay, I’ll stop. What color do you want, orange?”

“I don’t know. What do you think?” Naruto asked, not realizing that made Sasuke blush.

“Blue.”

“Why blue? It’s nothing special,” Naruto asked, a confused look on his face.

Because it’s the color of your eyes. You’d look even more amazing in it,’ was what Sasuke thought and what he wanted to say, but of course, he didn’t. Instead, he said, “There are a lot of blue kimonos here.”

“Oh, okay,” Naruto sounded disappointed.

“And it’s the color of your eyes,” Sasuke slipped. A string a red colored his cheeks, so he turned his head and continued looking through the racks.

Naruto smiled, but why? What was this weird feeling?

-----Chapter End-----

A/n: Originally, this was going to be a one-shot. But, as I was writing it, I realized that it was far too long. So, I’m going to spilt it up into chapters. Since I already have a lot of it done, it won’t take long to update.

Please review, even if you hate it. I don’t care. Let me know what you think, okay?

And I’m sorry about OOC-ness, but I don’t really care.