Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Gingerbread ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kakashi returned from his little shopping expedition to find Kurenai and Iruka sipping tea and looking like two cats who caught the canary and shared it and were now rolling around in the feathers.

"I thought we were going to have hot cocoa?"

"We are but you took forever so we made tea," Iruka said still smirking.

"I wasn't gone that long." Kakashi set the bags on the counter before leaning over to peck the chunin, that he just knew was up to something, on the cheek. "So what were you two up to while I was away hmm?"

"Just talking about absolutely nothing special," Iruka teased.

"Liar." He started pulling out the various ingredients. Setting Iruka's hot chocolate ingredients on the counter by the stove and the stuff for his gingerbread on the counter in front of the three of them. "Go make your cocoa before I pry your secret out of you... by any means necessary."

"Not in front of me you won't. Or I might just beat you senseless," Kurenai piped up while shooting him a warning look.

"Hmph... well you're no fun. I'm sure Ino would gladly trade you places," he snickered.

"Don't remind me! She's been trying to get poor Choji and Shikamaru to go out. What's worse is when they give her the slip she tries to pair Kiba up with Shino which of course makes poor Hinata turn so many shades of red I'm surprised she hasn't passed out yet," Kurenai said sounding rather exasperated.

Kakashi burst out laughing, grabbing his sides and practically falling over and when Iruka blushed it only made him laugh that much more.

"I try to keep him out of trouble when we're in public. Really I do," Iruka said apologetically.

Kurenai rolled her eyes, "I guess I should just be grateful he doesn't paw you in front of civilians so I'm at least somewhat safe when I go shopping as long as I don't want something off a shelf back in some unobtrusive corner."

Iruka poured the cocoa into mugs and handed one to Kurenai and Kakashi. "Why don't we go sit in the living room and figure out what we want to do as far as decorating?"

"Sounds good and it will keep us out from under foot while Kakashi bakes cookies. Although I'm very curious about what he looks like in an apron," she snickered.

"Shoo you two," Kakashi said and gently shoved his lover towards the kitchen door.

***********

Several hours later, while Iruka and Kurenai were still busy sorting through the boxes of decorations they'd pulled out of her attic, Kakashi came out of the kitchen carrying a large tray.

Iruka stared dumbfounded at the 'gingerbread town.'

"What is /that/ supposed to be?" Kurenai asked horrified.

"This is 'My Konoha,' Kakashi said grinning at them and setting his master piece on the table.

Iruka stood up and walked over to it. He really couldn't believe Kakashi would make something so... so... hideous. The hot pink frosting of the neon lights, , or the anatomically correct and recognizable gingerbread shinobi position around the Hokage Tower turned brothel was... It was.. exactly something he should have expected. It made his head hurt.

"Is that supposed to be me?" Kurenai shrieked as she spotted the red eyed, black haired, naked gingerbread girl on her knees in front of a gingerbread boy who just happened to look a lot like Asuma.

"Yep and this is Genma and Raidou. They're taking the payments. And here's Kotetsu and Izumo peeping in a window. If you look in the window you'll see our very well endowed Hokage and a certain author I am particularly fond of. Oh and of course here's me and you, Iruka-kun."

Iruka could feel his eyebrow twitching a moment before he dove for the gingerbread house.