Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Christmas Tree ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"So it looks like you and Asuma got the lights de-tangled and the tree is... mostly straight," Iruka said, smiling.

"I told you it was leaning a little to the left," Kurenai hissed playfully at her boyfriend.

"It has a crooked trunk then, because it doesn't want to sit flat if I try to straighten it."

Iruka almost managed to smother the laugh but the barest of snickers was heard and noticed.

"What?" Asuma asked almost blandly, still trying to look disinterested.

"You're supposed to re-cut the trunk before you put it in the stand or the poor thing will just wither by tomorrow," Kakashi said.

This caused everyone to turn and look the copy nin with rather dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"What? It's like with any plant, the end seals over and you have to re-cut it so that it can draw the water up its stem again. So go get me a saw and I'll show you. Oh and we'll need a pair of shears so we can trim the branches."

They still stared at him, but after a moment Asuma nodded and headed off for the demanded supplies.

"Mr. Ukki wasn't my first plant you know. Who do you think takes care of my family's garden? "

"Oh. I guess I hadn't considered that. I still don't understand how you know anything about Christmas trees."

"I don't know anything beyond how to take care of them. I'm really not quite sure why people would want to cut a perfectly healthy tree down and decorate it."

Iruka laughed and then explained the tradition to him going into the various cultures and their reasons while Kakashi fixed the tree so it wouldn't die before the party.

"And we're doing it, why?"

"Because it's fun and it looks pretty," Iruka said, chuckling and shaking his head.

*****************************

Kakashi studied the tree in front of them and then turned to Iruka. "You know I think the Christmas tree and I have a lot in common."

"Huh? What are you talking about it's a tree?" Iruka asked giving him a weird look. "About the only thing you share is the fact your hair style looks like snow covered pine needles."

"Hmph! I thought you liked my hair."

Iruka laughed, "I do, Kashi love but you have to admit it is a bit odd."

Kakashi feigned being hurt and Iruka only rolled his eyes at him. "Well aside from our amazing sense of style we also share some other traits."

"Oh? Like what?" Iruka asked, seemingly unconvinced about the possibility.

"Well for one, the ribbon wrapped around it means it's definitely into bondage. It must like to tied up," Kakashi said and had to smother a laugh at the blush that spread across his lover's cheeks. "Second, we all know candy canes are kinky. Or do I need to be more specific. I really wouldn't mind you know."

Iruka hit him and blushed an even deeper shade of red.

"And it took me awhile, I'm really surprised I didn't notice it before, but those strings of cranberries share a very strong resemblance to one of my favorite toys."

Iruka stared at him and then the tree in confusion. It took a moment and Kakashi could see the moment that it dawned on Iruka exactly which toy he was referring to, because the chunin's face lit to yet another fascinating shade of red. He really didn't think he could ever tire of this particular form of entertainment.

"YOU PERVERT!"

Kakashi laughed and pulled his embarrassed and probably slightly disturbed lover against him. "Mmm.. I blame you. I never used to be this way until you," he said as he snuggled.

Iruka laughed and pushed at his chest. "Oh please! If anyone believes that I've got a bridge to sell them."

"Mmm... but it's true. I've gotten far more creative with you around."

"Liar. Now help me put the tinsel on," Iruka said pushing him away and handing him a box of shiny silver stings.

Kakashi pulled at the odd silver strings and watched as a handful floated to the floor. Several pieces wafted through the air as he dropped the clump he was holding onto one of the branches rather unceremoniously. He shook his hand to free himself of a stray glittering strand. It however had other plans and somehow managed to wrap itself further around his wrist. He picked it off with his other hand and as though sensing it's immediate doom it clung to the offending hand.

Iruka's muffled laughter caused him to turn his gaze to the other man only to notice about half a dozen strands clinging to his shoulder as another drifted down into his line of sight.

Kakashi reached his hand up to his hair with the forgotten silver strand still clinging to his fingers. He could feel the now annoyingly familiar threads piled loosely atop his spiky silver mound.

The snicker that escaped next was slightly less muffled than the previous.

He glowered playfully at the chunin, "You think you're funny, don't you?"

Another snicker.

Kakashi pulled a handful of the stuff off the top of his head. Then he patted the chunin on his, the silver wisp sliding down the nicely pulled back brown hair. "Well... now we match."

"You two behave. That stuff is supposed to go on the tree," Kurenai scolded before chuckling and heading back into the kitchen.