Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistakes ❯ First Mistakes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mistake - [mi-steyk] n,v.
1) An error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge.
2) To regard or identify wrongly as something or someone else.


A mistake. That's exactly what it was…a mistake. They should have never met. If they hadn't met, it would have saved them both from a lot of pain, and regret But they had…

Hinata sat on the edge of her violet bed and stared into space. It happened 3 years ago…but she was constantly repeating each scene from the beginning to the end in her head over and over. She closed her eyes as she remembered that one fateful morning…the morning she met him.

Hinata gritted her teeth as she glanced at her watch. She was going to be late. Very, late. Hinata quickened her pace and looked down at her watch. It was almost 9:00 AM. And she wasn't anywhere near Lexmark Hospital. She sighed.

I usually just walk to the hospital every morning but..i'm so late today…I should be driving now anyway, but someone doesn't trust me! What to do..what to do..

Then…a strange thing happened. She felt..dizzy and just plain..odd. Her heart felt like it just sunk two inches, but at the same time, felt like it was about to choke her. Hinata knew this feeling. It was that feeling you get when you knew something out of the ordinary was about to happen.

SWISH

A bus stopped right in front of her. A bus! Why didn't she think of this ages ago? She could just take the bus to work today.

She stepped onto the bus, and pushed herself into the very back. Too bad it was packed so she ended up somewhere in the middle. She tried to stand in a way that she wouldn't be blocking anyone from getting up, but also could hold onto the railing without reaching over anyone.

Hinata shifted and squirmed but still didn't feel right, so she let go of the railing and deceided to stand somewhere else. Big mistake.

The bus driver chose that exact moment to turn a corner. To say Hinata went flying would be an under statement. She collided with a women, bounced off of her, and ended up in someone's lap.

Laughter could be heard all around the bus. “I-I'm sorry!” Hinata stuttered as she got up as fast as she could, and took a look at the person she accidentally sat on.

He was a man, around the same age as Hinata. He looked so serious it was scary. But the thing that stood out the most were the eyes. The eyes…they almost looked as if…

“Next time, hold onto the railing. Or better yet…just walk. It's obvious you don't know how to stand on a bus.”

Hinata just stared at the man. Did he just insult her? Before she could open her mouth to reply, he walked right past her, and got off the bus.

Hinata smiled as she remembered what she did 3 years ago. “That was my first mistake. I got on the bus.” She whispered to herself.