Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mochi #9 ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, and honestly I would probably never have the creative capacity to think of something even close. Kudos to Masashi Kishimoto!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A/N
 
Wagashi are little Japanese sweets. They are very decorative, and unique, sometimes like little cakes and ornaments. Just type it in google for a better visual. They look so yummy! :D~
 
Possible out-of-character situations…that's why it's fan fiction….
 
“Dialogue” in quotes
Thoughts or extreme emphasis in italics
 
There is a section in the fic where I use Naruto/”he” and Naruko/”she” synonymously. They are one in the same as we all know, but I wanted to make it clear, as I don't want to be grilled on confusing pronouns. :-P Bear with it.
 
Enjoy!
 
OOC/Fluff/Smut/Lemon/Het/Shonen ai
Take your pick, really ^^;

Summary: Sasuke takes a love potion that Naruto had originally made for Sakura.

[PS: A/N,
Ideally, I don't imagine the team 7 to be in their preteens, they are older. Let's just imagine 18-21 y/o]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
Mochi #9
[R
evised: 11-03-2005 Alas, I'm still finding itty bitty mistakes]

By: Forgetmenow

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

(Timeline: Roughly around episode 100 of Naruto TV, for spoiler purposes)

“No, don't!”

It was too late. By the time Naruto's warning slipped past his lips, Sasuke had already munched one of the little desserts. Sasuke made a face and quickly began washing it down with tea. He pulled the cup from his mouth and set the cup on the table, giving a relieved sigh.

“You weren't supposed to eat that!”

Sasuke groaned, “Now you tell me. You should have warned me earlier. That was
terrible!”

Naruto's eyes watered from the insult. “You know how much work went into those!?!? Those wagashi were for Sakura-chan! Anyway I know she'll like them.” He glared and stuck his tongue out at Sasuke.

How was Sasuke supposed to know the table setting, teacups, and little wagashi weren't for him. Naruto had invited him over in the first place!

A vein popped out on Naruto's forehead. He grabbed the brunette by the collar. “Ah!! You took the pink one too!!! That was Sakura-chan's favorite color!”

“Yo, Dobe, they're
all pink.”

“That's not true, that one you just scarfed down was completely pink, the others just got bits and pieces of pink. That one was special because it had the most pink in it.”

“Sorry, man, didn't know they were so important.”

“It's alright,” releasing Sasuke's clothing from his grip.
I still got a few more chances.

When it finally dawned on Naruto that Sasuke had eaten and consumed one of the little love-laced wagashi, he let out a roar of laughter. Sasuke stared blankly back, his eyes wide and confused. Sasuke looked dumbfounded. He looked to the left and right of him.

“OK, Dobe, what's the gag? Spill it,” eyeing the blonde suspiciously.

Naruto didn't answer; he was trying to control his snicker while concealing his grin.

He rushed to the dresser and pulled out a handkerchief and returned twirling it into a lengthy strip. He tied the blindfold over Sasuke's eyes, knotting it once, then twice for good measure.

“What are you doing?” The Uchiha queried.

“Promise you won't get mad?”

“Why…”

“Because… ;”

“Naruto…”

“Just promise me…”

“I don't like this conversation…”

“C'mon, please….”

“…Maybe.” He suspiciously replied.

“You ate some love potion.”

“What?!? Naruto, I'm going to kill you!”

“You said you wouldn't get mad.”

“Wrong. I said `maybe.' Naruto, I'm
still going to kill you!”

“Can't kill what you can't see, hehehe!”

Sasuke growled, reaching to pull the blindfold off.

“Stop,” Naruto quickly reached out to still Sasuke's hands.

“I'm pretty sure it's a love-at-first-sight deal.”

“Where the hell did you get a love potion?”

From old-lady Tsunade's lab.”
 
“Naruto…”

“Take it easy Sasuke. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not even sure it was love potion.”

“How is that any better!?!?”

Chagrined, Naruto replied, “I dunno. Do you really wanna be drooling over some gal like Ino or Sakura-chan. And if you don't fall for one of those two, just think how those two will react if you fall in love with someone else.”

Naruto got the shivers when he thought of Sakura and Ino mad. Scary.

“Tsunade is away, but I think Shizuna nee-chan is around. She's like old lady Tsunade's apprentice. She'd know what potions the old witch was brewing.”

Hand in hand, Naruto had to lead the blindfolded Sasuke to the fifth's office. Sasuke originally was adamant about not holding hands, but after tripping four times on his face due to Naruto less -than-accurate verbal directions, he consented. The blonde led him merrily down the dirt streets of Leaf village, drawing the attention of passerby's.

Shizuna was indeed floating around in the Hokage's office
for them to explain their story. Well, the duo just mentioned how Sasuke had consumed the mixture. Naruto left out certain reasonings as to why he had the concoction in the first place.

Shizuna laughed, a deep pink staining her cheeks, as she looked up from the big book where Tsunade-sama's research notes were recorded. “It's a love potion, sorta…”

“What do you mean `sorta?' You're being a little too vague.” Sasuke mumbled.

Shizuna flushed a bright red. “Well, it's like a temporary love spell.”

“Oh, temporary, that's great!” Naruto
chimed.

“Well, yes, it's temporary, meaning it'll last for a short period. But the clock doesn't start until the effects kick in. Considering the small amount Naruto laced the wagashi with, the effects should only last for about a day, two at the most. I'm not quite sure.” Shizuna explained, her eyes squinty with embarrassment as she stretched an arm to scratch the back of her head.

“That's not too bad. Right, Sasuke? You'll just chase a kunouchi with your big puppy-dog eyes for a day or two. Ha ha ha,” Naruto chuckled.

Shizuna gave a cough to interrupt. “The compound has aphrodisiac side effects….”

WHAT?!?” Both young men hollered simultaneously.

“You are
so dead when I'm through with you.” Sasuke would've glared daggers at Naruto but could only turn his head in the direction of Naruto's voice.

Naruto fidgeted uncomfortably, “Heh, sorry. I'll make a new batch of wagashi just for you when this is over.”

“No way. I'm not eating that poison again.”

“Poison?! It is not.” The blonde retorted.

Shizuna interrupted. “Sasuke-kun, I recommend you stay home and avoid any female contact until Tsunade-sama returns. You can keep Naruto with you. The potion will only work with someone from the opposite gender. There's no harm looking at him. He'll come in handy
too. Not being able to see can be a set-back.”

“I can't stay home and do nothing.” Sasuke replied

“Me too, I need to get back to training for when Kakashi-sensei comes back with a new assignment.”

“Well, if you're in such a hurry, you can take that blindfold off right now.” Shizuna batted her eyes prettily in Sasuke's direction.

“Neh, nee-chan, he's blindfolded, remember?”

Sasuke couldn't see but understood the proposition in Shizuna's voice. A large sweat drop formed on the side of his head. “Umm, thanks, but no thanks.”

Shizuna sighed, bowing her head in defeat

This is getting weird, Naruto felt it best to leave. Naruto made a strained laugh, uncomfortably shifting his eyes to her and the door then back again. “Well, thanks for your help nee-chan. We'll be going now.” Sasuke choked as Naruto pulled on his collar signaling they should leave.

As they were in the doorway Shizuna called
out. “Naruto, a word with you…”

“Just walk straight ahead Sasuke, I'll be right behind you.” He said while turning Sasuke's body towards the exit.

“Naruto, for future reference, the bottle you used had a lot of small hearts on the label, right? The bottle you
wanted has just one big red heart.” Shizuna gave him a wink.

There was a bang. Sasuke had walked into the wall. He curse and muttered Naruto's name.

TO BE CONTINUED….