Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Momentum ❯ Moments to cherish ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
0o0… Momentum …0o0
 
Disclaimer: Naruto never belonged to me...and never will.
 
Warnings: An angst one shot, so not much to warn. But a hint of Yaoi of you squints.
 
Song: Dearest - Ayumi Hamasaki: Ratings: 4 stars. It is nice…
 
Authoress Notes: This is just a simple one-shot to express my feelings towards Ayumi Hamasaki's video on one of her songs, Momentum. It was really sad and I cried…Please review, if you like it. The other fanfics are still going, so don't worry.
 
 
0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0
 
 
Snow was billowing all around the world. Darkness slowly engulfed the sky, and the street lamps shone.
 
It was winter in a small town Konoha. Everyone was already retiring to their home, but beside the town square, stood a lone boy. He had blonde hair, and only wore a simple orange jacket and pants.
 
Hontou Ni taisetsu Na mono igai
subete sutete shimaetara
ii no Ni ne
genjitsu wa tada zankoku de
 
He looked around, but no one seemed to notice his being, his life in the world. The snow blew harder, and he shivered. One boy, Sasuke, stood with his parents on the doorway, looking at his direction.
 
Sasuke had been his playmate ever since they met, but one day he never came back to him. The blonde shivered as he clung around the cold metal of the street lamp. No one seemed to care.
 
The last window closed, and the boy felt despair. He buried himself in his arms, willing himself not to cry as he shook. Some of the towns' people looked at him from their window, before closing it as well.
 
Naruto looked up, and saw himself in a small room. There was the reason of his misery, Kyuubi. This was the demon of the past, present and the future. He was the carrier of it, and everyone shunned from him.
 
Sonna toki itsu datte
me o tojireba
waratte'ru kimi ga iru
 
There was candle with flames alight everywhere him, and the blonde boy saw a small candle not being lit. Slowly, his tanned hands reached out to touch the flame, and spread it to the candle.
 
The flame spread around, and the candle burn brightly. One lone man, Kakashi, opened his door and stared at the blonde's boy direction.
 
Slowly, he stepped outside his warm home, carrying a few lilacs. The small flame that Naruto had lit up flickered a bit before regaining its flame. The snow blew even harder, but the man did not waver.
 
The boy lifted his head, and saw the grey haired man.
 
He remembered…he remembered me…
 
Kakashi's face was solemn, and there were tears in his eyes. Sasuke's door opened and the said boy stepped out. The blonde tried to smile at Kakashi, but tears that were falling out of his eyes betrayed him.
 
aa itsu ka eien no
nemuri Ni tsuku hi made
Dou ka sono egao ga
taema naku aru you ni
 
Kakashi walked towards him slowly, and the blonde boy's tears dripped over his whiskered cheeks. Sasuke looked from his doorway.
 
Gone were the times when we spent together…where were they?
 
A pink haired girl, Sakura, looked out from her window and one could see the tears in her eyes too. Ino, her neighbor, stood out of the doorway and looked at him.
 
Kakashi continued to walk around, to the square of where the blonde was. He slowly bent down and placed the lilacs there.
 
Why is everyone crying? Don't cry…
 
The town council and her husband walked up and Naruto stared at them. Tsunade and Jiraiya too had tears in their eyes. In their hands held a bunch of lilies, and they placed it beside Kakashi's lilacs.
 
Hito wa minna kanashii kana?
Wasure yuku ikimono da kedo

ai subeki mono no tame
ai o kureru mono no tame
dekiru koto
 
Everyone looked out from their windows, ignoring the snow and the bone chattering coldness, and cried. Some who were bad in expressing their feelings only kept silent. Sasuke let a few lone tears slid down his face, and Itachi held his hand.
 
Don't cry because of me…please don't…
 
Kakashi sensed someone behind him, and he turned, with Tsunade and Jiraya. Naruto, who saw them looking back, stretched out his hand to hold him.
 
But as Kakashi's gaze fell on him, the wind blew, and his being broke like snow and fell down. The gray haired man saw the clump of snow on the ground and a few tears dripped.
 
The candles in Kyuubi's mind suddenly went out as the wind blew through, as Naruto fell apart into snow.
 
Sasuke crumpled down on his floor and silently, a few hot tears dropped down. Itachi was crying too. The lone boy looked like a fragile figuring in the winter snow.
 
Naruto…
 
Why did the boy have to leave him? Sasuke cried even more, his emotions getting the better of him. The children and the adults did the same too.
 
Why did they realize that Naruto isn't the demon child they had jeered at, but only the container for it? The seniors who had disturbed the blonde before cried even more.
 
Everyone is crying…and it is my entire fault again…
 
Naruto's soft voice swept over Konoha and the whole village mourned for him. Why did the blonde have to sacrifice himself for this selfish village?
 
Sasuke remembered everything on that day, and it was on Christmas. Christmas was supposed to be a day filled with joy and thanksgivings, but only the second was done. There was no joy in the village on that Christmas.
 
One villager from the other villages that hated Konoha for its harvest, placed a bomb in the town square, and Naruto had discover it when the timer had only 3 seconds.
 
Ah deatta ano koro wa
subete ga bukiyou de
toomawari shita yo ne
kizu tsukeatta yo ne
 
He had rushed towards the timer and covered himself around it. The time was about 10.55, where everyone was closing their doors.
 
It was when Sakura and Ino noticed the bomb, and they shrieked. And the whole village came to look at their windows or door to see the commotion and saw the demon child jump to the bomb and covered his body with it.
 
The bomb exploded at that timing, and everyone's blood ran cold. Snow fell when the timer went off. Sasuke's eyes that saw everything widened.
 
And the town square, one was lively place to hold festivals, was covered in blood. Orange jacket littered the grounds, and it was ripped into pieces.
 
Naruto's voice seemed to travel around Konoha one Sasuke's sight landed on the jacket.
 
That…is like how you tore my heart into pieces when you rejected me…But I died for a good cause, which is for Konoha…
 
Kakashi was the first one to run out, and luckily the bomb's radio-active aura had died down. Everyone had cried, realizing the mistake they had done, but it cannot be undone.
 
Tsunade, Jiraiya and Iruka, the people had truly accepted Naruto, rushed to the square and went into depression.
 
Ah itsu ka eien no
nemuri Ni tsuku hi made
Dou ka sono egao ga
taema naku aru yo Ni
 
Why…Why!?
 
Sasuke reached out to the open door, and had a vague appearance of Naruto. His trembling hands tried to reach out to hug the blonde, but a slight wind came, and his blonde shattered into pieces and like a clump of fallen snow off a tree, he dropped.
 
The raven's heart broke and he gathered the snow and held them close. Itachi did not stop him.
 
Gone were those beautiful memories where you and I had shared, but I will always belong to you…
 
Sasuke held the snow close to him, and the tears fell into the snow. Itachi hugged him, and the two brothers looked up into the snowing sky, where Naruto's face could be seen.
 
It was told that the Kyuubi, torn out of compassion for Naruto had returned to hell without any havoc done.
 
Naruto… Where were those memories of every hug, every kiss, and every moment?
 
Snow fell on the town Konoha every year, and Christmas for them was never a festival to be happy about…Silent tears only meant the most, and Naruto did it again and again.
 
Ah deatta ano koro wa
subete ga bukiyou de
toomawari shita kedo
tadori tsuita n da ne
0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0
 
 
Authoress Notes: The story is almost the same as the video, so if you have the time, please go and watch. I am moved to tears and forever it shall be…
 
I will have more one shots about Ayumi's sad songs, so please don't flame me...Please review if you want… First timer at Japanese song, so no flaming.
 
 
And the snow returned to Konoha every year, tainted with Naruto's compassionate blood, and the villagers will never forget this…
It will be passed down for generations and generations…
Of the selfless boy who protected the village, Konoha.