Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ More Significant ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
More Significant

Hinata/Sasuke

'I love Sasuke, but, my admiration will never be returned...' Hinata thought as she sat and watched the said person sleep in the cold hospital room. The only movement he made was the steady rise and fall of his chest.He'd been brought to the hospital after overexerting himself while training. Hinata had followed after.

He almost always ignored her. Hinata was definite that whenever he did happen to notice her presence, he probably just thought of how weak and worthless she was and got disgusted. Not that she could blame him.

He was normally cold and uncaring. He rarely spoke or showed emotion. He wasn't timid or embarassed, no, he wasn't like Hinata. He was strong. He was confident. He was someone (If they were alive) his family could be proud of. He was exactly what she wanted to be. She was weak. She was unconfident. She wasn't something for her family to be proud of, and, believe me, they weren't.

In truth, she used to envy him. Only a bit though. The Uchiha massacre was terrible, and sh most certainly had not envied him for that. What she envied was his strength. She often wished she could contain so much power. But, she didn't and never could.

Eventually, her envy turned to love. She herself could never be strong, but, in the least, the person she loved could. After a while, she began to love him more and more. She loved everything about him.

She even watched him No, she wasn't a stalker. That was way too creepy and bold for Hinata. She just stared at him at every single opportunity she had to do so. When really desperate, she'd use her Hyuuga eyes to watch a moment or two extra. Only sometimes, though.

Strangely, no one seemed to notice. They all seemed to think she was watching Naruto, which, to them, was pretty ordinary. And, luckily, for her, Naruto always seemed to be with Sasuke. She had gotten over Naruto a long time ago. She only thought of him as a friend. That and a way to freely stare at her beloved, Sasuke. She only made Naruto lunch sometimes because she knew he'd give some to Sasuke. Even when she liked him he had.

She was, basically, obsessed. It was frightening, even to Hinata herself. She was becoming like one of Sasukes many fan girls. Then again, that's basically what she was.

But, Hinata didn't like thinking like that. She liked imagining herself as, somehow, different from the rest. Better. More significant. But, deep down, she knew the truth. She was exactly the same as the rest of Sasukes fan girls.

"Hinata?" Sasuke said, as he sat up and looked around.

"S-S-Sasuke! I was, um, just waiting, to er... make sure you were... were okay, is all." Hinata explained her presence.

"I have a question."

"Eh? What is it, Sasuke?"

"Why do you watch me?"

"...H-H-H-HOW?!" Hinata was shocked. Maybe she wasn't so secretive of her admiration.

"...Because. I watch you, too." He replied, as though watching some one obsessedly was completely normal.

So, perhaps Hinata was more significant than the others all along?

-THE END-

PLEASE, READ AND REVIEW, THIS WASN'T VERY GOOD, BUT, I TRIED. I APOLIGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING MY OTHER STORY, INTERTWINED PERMANENTLY, BUT, I HAVE A TERRIBLE CASE OF WRITERS BLOCK. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS INE, IT'S ONLY MY SEECOND FAN FICTION, AFTER INTERTWINED PERMANENTLY. EVEN SO, FLAMES ARE, AS ALWAYS, PERFECTLY WELCOME.
-AlwaysHiei