Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mud ❯ Mud ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Naruto was really starting to hate mud.
 
Why did team seven have to go on a stupid surveillance mission in the rain, anyway? Neji's squad was more cut out for this kind of work. They could see through the rain.
 
Not only was it raining, but they weren't even aloud any kind of fire - issues with being seen - to get dry. Or at least warm.
 
And the mud.
 
The mud had to be a weather god adding insult to injury.
 
Sasuke, the bastard, only had brown smeared up to his knees, but Naruto had had to flatten himself on his stomach during his watch. He was covered in the goop.
 
It was in his hair, it was in his clothes, it was up his nose, and it was in his mouth.
 
He hadn't seen Sakura since her watch had ended, and the bastard replaced her for another round. Rolling out from under the tree root, were he'd found an area that was merely damp, he went to say hello and complain.
 
Sakura was right there in their little clearing, so he didn't have to go far. She was… oh.
 
Sakura, it seemed, was wearing mud.
 
And only mud.
 
Her clothes were hanging over another protruding root, to clean in the rain. The rain that was making short work of the smears covering her body, turning tantalizing glimpses into stunning sights.
 
And nothing could hide that glint in her playful green eyes.
 
Poor Sasuke, out on watch. He was going to miss all the fun.
 
But Naruto… it was in his hair, it was in his clothes, it was up his nose, and it was in his mouth, but Naruto was really starting to like the mud.