Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ The Lucky Angel ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 11
 
Naruto and Sakura legs drag on the ground, tired, drained of energy of not finding Tori. Naruto looks up at the sky as the stars start to show brightly in the night sky.
 
“Already nighttime, all this running around and we couldn't even find her.” Naruto says worn-out.
 
“Me too.” Sakura replies in the same condition. “Let's get a hotel.”
 
“Ok.”
 
They both walk into a hotel that was near them as they already been here before looking for Tori.
 
“Oh back again.” The old woman said happily.
 
“Yes. We had no luck finding her. It's as if she doesn't want to be found.” Sakura said.
 
“Hunny, what you expect. She like a celebrity around here and she doesn't want people to hassle her while she stays here.” The old woman said.
 
“I guess your right. Well since we can't look for her now I suggest two rooms please.” Sakura said.
 
“Ah Grandma Miyabi!” A young boy yells running in around the age of twelve.
 
“What is it Kento?”
 
“I seen her, I seen her!” Kento smiles happily.
 
Naruto and Sakura eyes divert their eyes to the boy.
 
“Who hunny?” Grandma Miyabi asked.
 
“Her! The Lucky Angel!” Kento shouts.
 
Naruto and Sakura eyes widen. Naruto runs towards Kento.
 
“Where did you see her!?” Naruto ask in anticipation of trying to find her all day.
 
“At Kuma-san gambling place right down the street going up against Takashi the big boss from the north from the Rock Village.” Kento tells him.
 
“Thank you!” Naruto runs out the door.
 
“Naruto!” Sakura yells running after him.
 
00000000000000000000000
 
Kuma-san Place
 
The place was crowed as everybody wanted to get a peak at the legendary Lucky Angel. The highest of all gamblers watch in amazement as the stakes were drawn pretty high on the floor that can buy half of Carter City. On the right side, a man in his forties, sitting on the floor named Tomato Takashi stares at his opponent, not showing any fear, chewing a piece of grass from his mouth. He is accompanied by two men sitting behind him with swords at their side as his bodyguards no less. Takashi looks at his card having a straight flush, then at her.
 
Tori sits on the left side of the floor, Indian style, accompanied by Nezumi sitting behind her watching the game in excitement. Tori have her arms folded, eyes closed, and having her cards laid down on the floor. She smirks at him.
 
“You won't be smiling when I win your money of what you took back from me. No little girl comes into my village and makes me lose!” Takashi rough harsh voice says to her.
 
“How can she sit their so calm against Takashi of all people?” A young man says in the crowd to his friend.
 
“Yeah, I would have folded already judging by his smile he must have some good cards. She better watch it.” His friend said.
 
“Excuse me, Excuse me!” Naruto yells barging his way through the crowd.
 
“Hey kids watch it!” A guy shouts.
 
Sakura was right behind him following the three second path he made. Naruto stops finally getting through to see the game. He looks in shock.
 
“It's her.” Naruto body was frozen of finally meeting her.
 
Tori eyes finally open, seeing Takashi ugly grin, then slowly turned and gazed at Naruto. Their eyes were both fixed on each other as Naruto started to get the feeling in his stomach like he did in the market. He felt like he was stuck in a trace by looking into her eyes.
 
What's this feeling I keep getting? I never felt it before but it like the Nine-Tale Fox Demon chakra is moving in side of me...but why? Why do I feel...
 
Sakura bumps into Naruto finally getting through to the crowd, this breaks the trance he was in and shakes his head. Sakura eyes widen seeing Tori.
 
“Finally we found her.” Sakura smiles as she notice Tori was looking in their direction. She beautiful. Sakura eyes the surrounding and see she was in a gambling game and looks at the floor where a pal of money is sitting. She jumps in shock. “That's a lot of money!”
 
Takashi eyes direct towards Naruto and Sakura as they were taking the attention from him, who doesn't like to be ignored. Tori sense this and divert her eyes back towards him.
 
“Let's end this.” Tori said.
 
“Fine,” Takashi said smiling at her. “Today their going to be changing your name today and I'm going to be the man that done it.” He gives a sneaky laugh at her as well as his bodyguards.
 
“Well if you're that confident put all your money in.” Tori says in a tranquil voice.
 
Everybody eyes widen in shock talking among each other of her losing her mind, even Takashi.
 
“Is she crazy. This girl doesn't know when to quit like Hokage-sama?” Sakura says.
 
“Wow that's a lot of money.” Naruto said amazed himself.
 
Takashi spits out his grass steam he was chewing. “Fine little girl.”
 
He puts all his money forward of not being a cowards of her bet. She does the same thing. It was high excitement in the air as everybody held their breath.
 
“Let's reveal our cards.” Tori said.
 
“Fine,” He reveals his cards first. A five-card straight, all in the same suit. Straight Flush!” He bangs his hand on the floor. “HA!”
 
“Wow a Straight Flush what luck.” A man said
 
“That's going to be tuff only a few can pull that out in high games like these.” Another man said.
 
Tori picks up her cards, closes her eyes and sign in relief. She puts them back down as it showed a sign in defeat but not taking her hands off her cards.
 
“Ha! Like I said little girl you can't beat me this time!” Takashi shouted at her.
 
“She lost!” Sakura shouted.
 
Everybody was in an up roar of the results of her losing.
 
“That's impossible!”
 
“I can't believe it!”
 
“Lucky Angel lost to that guy!”
 
“Take witness I finally beat the number one Lucky Angel.” Takashi gets up and grabs his money. A needle shot out in front of him before touching the money. Takashi looks at Tori of her shooting it. “Hay what's the big idea!” His bodyguards gets up and was about to pull out their swords towards her.
 
“I didn't take my hand off my cards.” Tori says calmly.
 
“What!” Takashi responds