Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto a new arc ❯ The Finish Line or Not ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27
 
“Hey.” A voice says. Sakura hears a voice in the distance and feeling somebody shaking her. “Hey Sakura.” Sakura slowly opens her eyes of not wanting to get up from her nap. “Sakura get up.”
 
Sakura sees an image in front of her only seeing heavy eyebrows that made him stand out from other people.
 
“Lee.” She says tired. She yawns pulling over a blanket from her, oblivious of it around her. “Why are you here?”
 
“I always jog around Konoha two hundred times in the morning for my training.” Lee said.
 
“That's nice,” Sakura says and pulls the blanket back over her to get more sleep then notice what Lee just told her. “DID YOU SAY MORNING!!!?” She quickly snaps up realizing she still in the same spot she slept yesterday.
 
Lee jumps back over her expression. “Y-Yeah.”
 
“Oh no! What time is it?” Sakura asked worried.
 
“It's 9am.” Lee told her.
 
“We have 3 hours! Oh no. We over sleep from yesterday,” Sakura says panicking. She looks at Naruto sleeping next to her oblivious of the commotion going on, as he was still sound asleep. She bends down and shakes him violently to wake him up. “Naruto! Naruto wake up!”
 
“Just five more minutes Tori-sensei.” Naruto says moaning then falls back to sleep.
 
Sakura signs in frustration of him always thinking of her, but it was no time to bicker as she punch him on the head. “NARUTO!!!” Sakura yells at the top of her lungs.
 
Naruto jumps up as her voice scared him to death. “Sakura why are you so loud in the afternoon,” He holds his ears. “We have plenty of time to finish the running by tomorrow trust me.”
 
“That's the problem. It is tomorrow! Matter fact its three hours before deadline!” Sakura speeds him up to the situation, wasting time as it is.
 
“WHAT! How could we over sleep!” Naruto yells back. This is bad three hours left. Crap. Naruto started sweating bullets, figuring out what to do because if they fail, they have to do it all over again for another week. Naruto grabs Sakura hands of not wasting anymore time. “We have to hurry. We must try. Hello Lee talk later!”
 
Naruto and Sakura start running at high speed, leaving a dust trial behind.
 
Lee eyes was in shock. Their speed of somehow grown every sense Tori-sama gave them this difficult task to do in a week. But they don't even recognize that they have grown by doing the same training I'm accustomed too. I wonder.
 
Tori and Tsunade are up above at one of the watch towers watching the whole thing.
 
“That's a dirty trick Tori letting them sleep all night.” Tsunade smiles amused by it.
 
“Well I help them by healing them. You don't think that didn't come without a consequence. I heal you; you have a three hour deadline to complete the task. That's mostly why my first students kept failing. They eventually realized I was healing them and they got angry of making them miss the deadline.”
 
“But if they miss the deadline they have to do it all over again. Your method can become cruel Tori.” Tsunade says lending on the railing with her hand on her chin.
 
Tori starts walking away. “Its all part of the training,” Tori stops and looks at Tsunade. “You coming.”
 
“Coming?” Tsunade eyes her.
 
“I'm bored and since Konoha outlaws gambling my only opponent here is you. Or have you forgotten the load of cash I won last week. It can take you out some of your debts,” Tori turns back and keep walking in the direction she was heading. “It ok if you don't want you face me Mad Cow.”
 
Tsunade grips her fist fiercely of forgetting why she brought Tori here in the first place. To win her cash or use her to get cash, whocares MONEY! Tori hear a thundering sound behind her as she sees Tsunade zooming towards her. Tori face turn frighten as Tsunade snatches her up dashing towards her office.
 
“LET GO!!!” Tsunade yells
 
000000000000000000000000000000
 
There is ten minutes to go before the deadline as Naruto and Sakura are already to their max using up all that speed in almost a three hour period non-stop. Their jogging start to slow down at Sakura start to lag behind Naruto as Naruto could go ahead of her but doesn't want to leave her behind.
 
Damn it! Where four laps behind and were going too slow. This is not good. Tori will make us do this again, pending us back another week of training and making it harder then before. Naruto thought.
 
Sakura looks up ahead of Naruto. She tries to keep up but hates to see his backside, knowing she holding him back. Why? Why can't I catch up? Where going to have to do this again because of me. If this wasn't teamwork, Naruto would have probably finished by now but because I'm so behind...Why can't I keep up?
 
“Hey you're not giving up are you?” Naruto said.
 
Sakura snaps out of her daze to see Naruto running besides her smiling. “N-Naruto?”
 
“Hehe.” He cackles back at her with a grin.
 
“Your not giving up are you Sakura now you came this far.” Anther voice said on her left side.
 
“Lee?” Sakura said as he running beside them with a smile on his face. She gives a smile. “No I'm not.”
 
“Then I'll advice you two to burn all your chakra right now to do the last four laps or your body will give out before the last lap.” Lee said with helpful words. “Let's finish this.”
 
“Yes!” Naruto said in his energetic self again.
 
Sakura nods her head. Sakura faces starts to get serious. Thank you Lee, Naruto. I will finish this.
 
“Ready.” She says.
 
They nod their heads together. They point two fingers to their head. “Release!!!” They all say as their bodies pick up speed rapidly, flying around Konoha now as all their chakra is focused to their speed.
 
Tori and Nezumi are waiting at the spot at the bridge were she told them to meet. She look at her watch, saying its eleven fifty-eight.
 
“Two minutes.” Tori said to herself.
 
“Don't worry I know their going to make it.” Nezumi smiles.
 
Naruto, Sakura and Lee are on the streets of Konoha making it to the bridge because the laps don't matter if you don't make it the bridge at twelve on the dot.
 
“Hurry, hurry!” Naruto yells running at top speed. Were gonna make! Were gonna make it!
 
Kiba, Shino and Hinata are walking on the streets seeing Ino outside her families flower shop, fixing the flowers outside for the customers to buy. Ino spots them out of her left eye as the other side of her eye is covered with her hair coming down.
 
“Hey Hinata, Kiba and Shino.” Ino said happily.
 
“Hey Ino.” Kiba and Hinata said.
 
Shino just nod his head, being quiet as he always is, hiding his face behind his long grey coat that came down to his knee caps.
 
“Need help, because we for once aren't doing anything. Kurenai-sensei gave us the day off.” Kiba said.
 
“Sure.” Ino replies back of taking his offer.
 
They were about to bend down to help Ino but Shino feels a huge amount of chakra rushing their way. The flower plants start to quiver.
 
“What the!?” Kiba says as he looks in the same direction of Shino. “What is that Shino?”
 
Images start to come from the distance as Shino eyes stare in shock.
 
“Ah Shino what is it?” Kiba asked again.
 
They all look in the same direction. They see three bodies flash past them with great speed as the flowers blow everywhere.
 
“What the!” Kiba says shielding his eyes from the flowers flying everywhere as Hinata does the same thing.
 
Ino get a glance of an image flying past them with incredible speed. Her eyes stare stunned. “Sakura.”
 
Shino stare, not affected much of the flowers because of his sun glasses he have on, but he was surprised just like Ino. Since when can Sakura and Naruto keep up with Lee's speed?
 
Tori sees them coming in her east direction. She looks at her watch, cutting it extremely close she thought.
 
“I see it the bridge!” Naruto yelled.
 
“We got fifteen seconds!” Sakura announced.
 
“Hurry!” Lee said.
 
“I know.” Sakura feels something go out in her leg of using the chakra of her speed to long. What the!
 
Naruto notices as his eyes widen in shock. No Sakura!
 
Lee sees this too surprised.
 
No. Nauto gets an Idea. “Kage Bunshin no Jutsu” He makes another replica of himself. “Sorry Sakura.”
 
Sakura turns around as she sees a fist coming at her face. Naruto's clone punches her in the face so hard that it made her sail towards Tori's location. Lee and Tori look in shock as their jaw drops of what Naruto just did. Tori stops her stop watch to catch Sakura body as she falls on her body. Naruto dives to the finish line on his stomach, landing on the ground, creating a big cloud of dust all around them.
 
Kakashi watches in the distance in a tree, holding a book in his hand, but his eyes was fixed on the watch as it says twelve o'clock and one second. They didn't make it!