Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto of the Mirage ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When the shinobi in the stadium heard the crashing of the wall, they all turned and made to leave to help their comrades. However, a giant snake crashing through the thick outer walls of Konoha was just the first part of the plan. Soft white flowers began to descend from the sky and the people in the arena began to drift to sleep. Even some of the less experienced shinobi fell victim to Nehan Shoja no Jutsu. (Temple of Nirvana technique) The jounin in the crowd, however, did not. Neither did Sasuke, Gaara, Haku, Hinata, and Naruto. When they heard the explosion, Naruto and Sasuke activated their sharingan and Hinata, her byakugan. Haku, being the genjutsu specialist-in-training that she is, easily recognized the effects of a genjutsu and dispelled it before it could affect her.
 
Gaara had immediately tried to get to the Kazekage in the box by disappearing in a swirl of sand. He was stopped by a small contingent of Sand shinobi who felt it would be beneficial to `take care of the demon'. In another two minutes, Gaara was racing up the side of a building only to meet a large purple shield and four Konoha ANBU kneeled in front of it.
 
“I wouldn't try and get past.” Their captain said, distinguished by his tan robes that covered all of his body. “It will burn you alive.”
 
Gaara nodded, not liking the fact that he was useless. “Who is inside?”
 
“The Sandaime, Orochimaru, who was impersonating the Kazekage, and Jiraiya-sama.” The captain replied.
 
So he had been right, the Kazekage was dead. Gaara disappeared in another cloud of sand. He had some sound ninja to hunt.
 
Back in the arena there was much more action going on than with the sannin and their former teacher. Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, and Asuma were taking apart the many sound shinobi that were occupying their time and taking up their concentration. To save their chakra the jounin were using kunai to their fullest, or in Gai's case, pure taijutsu.
 
“Yosh! My eternal rival, that makes fourteen enemies that I have defeated!” The overly loud, overly green clad man yelled at Kakashi, who had exposed his sharingan to help interpret the moves of his opponents, as well as to catch any techniques the enemies might use.
 
“I'm sorry Gai.” Kakashi said, as his kunai crashed into the skull of a random ninja. “Did you say something?”
 
Tears began to well in the eyes of the `Prideful Green Beast of Konoha'. `Oh, it is that hip attitude of yours that makes you my eternal rival!' He mentally declared, before delivering youthful justice to his fifteenth victim of the day.
 
Meanwhile, the rookies who had weren't in the care of medic ninja were making their way to their injured comrades so that they could defend them if necessary. Shino and Lee would be very helpful in a situation like this, but with the injuries that both sustained during their fight, they would be very easy prey for even the weakest of sound ninja. The Konoha genin arrived at the medical tent in time to watch as nondescript sound shinobi drove a kunai into the bodies of Lee and Shino.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Haku was quickly becoming annoyed. Her first instinct was to join the group of rookies and move with them to the medical shelter, but she was stopped by five sand shinobi. These were obviously the larger threat when compared to the sound, but they were just chuunin, so she had a respectable chance at defeating them. Doing some one handed seals, Haku created a multitude of ice needles and launched them, along with some real senbon at her attackers. Two of the shinobi fell quickly to her needles, but three managed to get out of the way. While two of the sand shinobi were making seals, the third attacked her with taijutsu. Using her superior speed, Haku was able to block his incoming attack easily enough, but his strength began to push her back. Forming another one handed seal, Haku locked eyes with her opponent, who immediately fell into her trap. He though that she was performing another sensatsu shishou, but really she was creating her Makyou Hyoushou (Demonic Ice Mirrors).
 
Stepping into the closest mirror, and creating a Koori no yaiba, she made quick work of the remaining shinobi. But for all her effort, the group of genin she was going to follow had already disappeared. So she decided to do the next best thing. She made her way around the stadium and woke up as many shinobi as she could find. Taking stock of the situation and the size of the stadium, Haku gave out an annoyed huff. This would take a while.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
The Konoha shinobi were mortified as two of their own were murdered in front of them, kunai plunging into their hearts. Yet when the black steel implements were removed from the bodies, no blood came from the wound. In fact, nothing came from their wounds, but their flesh seemed to chip and crack away. The two corpses grabbed their attackers and the click of spring loaded traps could be heard before both enemy shinobi screamed as their blood flowed to the ground.
 
“Weaklings.” Kankuro's voice materialized form inside the cabinet that was placed between the two beds. “Don't worry; my sister got your friends out of here earlier. They're fine.”
 
The assembled Konoha ninja breathed a sigh of relief, before heading back out to the battle. They quickly noticed that the Suna and Oto shinobi were much weaker compared to the Konoha ninja. While Konoha had taken some losses, no one recognized any of the ninja they saw.
 
Suddenly they came across Gaara battling with someone that the Konoha ninja didn't recognize, the remnants of a wooden box lay shattered on the ground, as if they had fallen from the roof where the large purple barrier rose above the skyline of the village.
 
Kankuro gasped as he recognized the figure fighting with his youngest brother: their father, the Yondaime Kazekage.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA