Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto: Pieces ❯ Chapter 1: New Bonds ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: So I made a HUGE improvement to this chapter, fixing up the conversation Anko & Naruto have when they first meet, and adding about 1,000 more words. For those who don't know I have Naruto's age set to 6 and Anko's 18. Please leave some reviews, and no one word reviews, but reviews that can help improve my writing, and keep me inspired to keep going. If you have any idea's or suggestions just mssg me.
Naruto: Pieces
Chapter 1: New Bonds
Naruto lay lifeless in a field of grass staring up into the sky as its colors slowly turned into a reddish-orange. His cheeks were bruised and he had a cut just above his eyebrow. He had helped a boy that was being jumped by three other kids in the village earlier.
-Flashback-

“Hey!” yelled the young Naruto, “Three on one is a but unfair isn't it?”
The kids stopped their beating on the helpless child and turned their attention to Naruto.
Why don't you mind your own business freak.”
Naruto cringed at the remark. He felt the anger start to raise up inside him.
DON'T EVER CALL ME A FREAK!”
------------Moments later-----------
Naruto rubbed his fist against his nose smearing blood. The three kids picked themselves off the floor and ran limply.
Thats right you better run!”He yelled.
Naruto then turned around to the one child that was on the floor curled up. He extended out his arm to offer help off the ground. The child saw his heroes face and crawled up against the wall in fear.
It's ok im not going to hurt you.” Naruto said reassuringly, extending out his hand farther.
The kid flinched and ran off in horror as Naruto stood in confusion as of why he was scarred of him.
-End of Flashback-
He closed his eyes and felt a cool breeze of air sweep across the field. The peace and quietness was gratifying. Feeling a presence in front of him he leisurely opened his eyes to find a young girl standing in front of him. Her hair was a dark purple color and was tied up in a pony tail.
“Sorry bout' that.” She said with a grin on her face. Naruto, startled by the girl's immediate niceness towards him, sat up. The purple haired girl leaned over with one hand on her hip and the other with a Dango.
“Dango?”
Naruto stared at her for a moment, lost and confused at what is happening.
'What is this? Some kind of joke or something?' Thought Naruto.
“DANGO?!” She asked again raising her tone.
“Um, N-No thanks.”
The girl shrugged,“Ah suit yourself then.”
Naruto watched in awe as she engulfed the Dango. The young girl plopped herself next to Naruto and closed her eyes and let the cool breeze blow through hair.
“This is a nice spot.” She said as she admired the sunset. “And a nice view.”
Naruto gazed upon the mysterious girl, something about her made him feel comforted,warm, and relaxed. Catching Naruto off guard the girl through her stick that once held her Dango at Naruto's forehead with deadly accuracy.
“You know it's not polite to stare.”
“I know, I j-just-”
“Just what?” She said as she angrily raised voice . “Better not be getting any sick idea's up in that lil' perverted head of yours.”
Naruto's cheeks slightly turned red as he protested, “Im no perve!”
“Ya ya, thats what they all say.” She said as she waved her hand in the air.
She smiled slightly and laid her back on the grass and crossed one knee over the other. As she did what little of sun that was left out bounced off her neck band and hit Naruto in the eyes. Naruto itched his head away from the glare that hurt his eyes. The girl stuck her tongue out jokingly.
“Your a shinobi?” He asked curiously.
“Yup.”
“Chuunin?”
She let out a sly laugh, “Nope.”
“Jounin?”
“Yup.”
“Thats cool.” Naruto said as he admired the headband.
“I guess.” she replied as she took another Dango out of her bag.
“So what are you doing out here then? Shouldn't you be out on some secret mission?”
“Today's my day off.” she said cheerfully as she plucked a Dango of the stick.
“Oh......so why are you out here?”
“I don't know, why are you here?” She shot back.
Naruto shifted is head and stared at the cold grass he was sitting on.
“... I don't know...” he replied softly, the memory of the boy he had helped out earlier playing into his mind.
“Just wanted to be alone?”
“I guess...”
“Hmm.”
The young girl stood up and brushed herself off. Naruto felt something warm touch his head and looked up. The girl was ruffling his golden hair gently. For some reason this person made Naruto feel...different. For most of his life he was always hated and feared by the other villagers. Making him feel like an outcast of society. But she acknowledged him, and showed him affection in some way. Something that he isn't very used to.
“You aren't scared of me?”
The purpled hair girl burst into laughter, causing her to loose her balance and fall over.
“A little shrimpy guy like you?” she declared as she wiped her eyes from tears. She paused for a moment and looked at Naruto who had an angry face on. She got back up and poked Naruto in the forehead.
“Theres no reason to be scared of some shrimp like you.” she said smiling.
“Really?!” Naruto exclaimed.
The girl gave him a reassuring nod.
“Then why do I always feel like im always feared by the people in the village?”
Putting a finger on her lip, looking as though she doesn't know the reason why, but knowing very well why the villagers dislike him,“Hmm, don't know, people are just weird like that.”
Naruto looked into the sky once more, it was dark now and the only source of light was the moon that beamed over them.
She stared at Naruto with compassion, 'This kid ain't so bad for having a demon sealed up in him. He kinda reminds me of me. ' Thought the girl.
Being taken by her Sensei to only be tossed away like trash. Just thinking about it made her angry, curling her hands into fists, her nails digging into her skin.
“Hey miss, your bleeding.”
“Uh?” She looked at her hands that had tiny punctures from her nails. She wiped her hands on her shirt and looked back at Naruto.
“So do you have a place to stay? Its getting kinda late.”
The girl knew where the young boy had lived, in a shit hole apartment around the east side of the village.
Naruto shocked at her proposal, just stood still as a scarecrow.
“Well c'mon I don't got all day.” She said impatiently.
Naruto thought about it for a moment, and thought about his place, and how lonely it was. He nodded to her proposal, a bit confused but happy.
“Well come on I guess I got some room for a little shrimpy like you.” she said as she started walking.
Naruto stood still and dumbfounded. Astonished that some one would have a conversation with him, let alone let him stay with them at their house.
“Hey! You gonna sit there all day or what?”
Naruto snapped out of it and ran after the girl. As he caught up with her he started to pace alongside her. As they entered the village Naruto realized something, he didn't even know what the girls name was.
“Hey.”
“Hm?” She grunted quietly, still looking forward.
“Uh, I never got your name.”
“Heh, Its Anko, Mitarashi Anko.”
-Next Day-
Anko awoke slowly up from her deep slumber sleep. She sat up in her bed yawning loudly and rubbing her eyes with her knuckles. Pulling the blankets off of her and she swung her feet over her bed and put on her slippers. Getting up she made her way to her balcony sliding door, grabbing her coat that lay on the floor and slid the door open, as she did cold air slapped her in the face and body. She covered herself with her coat engulfing herself in a shield of warmth against the wind. She leaned over the railing and stared down upon the busy people below her then leaned back. She looked over her shoulder into Naruto's room.
The balcony had stretched from Naruto's room all the way to the living room. Not bad for an apartment considering the price she got it for, which in turn made her flat dead broke. But it had a nice view of the village and it was an offer she couldn't refuse nor pass up on. Something about beautiful views just made her ecstatic.
She watched as Naruto restlessly try to get into a comfortable position. Flipping and turning for a while until he finally stopped. Anko smirked slightly at the sight and noticed something on his stomach.
“Is that the-”
“The Shiki Fuujin.” Someone finished for her.
Startled, Anko looked up to see an ANBU member sitting casually on top of her roof reading a book. The cover read “Icha Icha Tsurekomiyado”. His face was hidden by some cat-like feature mask with red lines underneath the eyes and three narrow streaks of red on each side of it's cheeks.
“What's an ANBU doing around here for?”
The man quietly kept reading through his book as though as he didn't hear Anko.
“Hey!” Yelled Anko furiously, “You listening to me?!”
The man lowered his book and looked at Anko, “Hm? You say something?”
Anko's eye twitched from disbelief and irritation.
“So, I'm assuming you know who that boy is?” Asked the ANBU Nin as he returned back to reading his book.
“Ya, I know who he is,” Anko spat in annoyance, “But you still haven't answered me. Whats an ANBU doing around here?” She asked again.
“Simply enjoying the view.”
“On my roof?”
“Yup.”
'Just who is this guy?'
The man let out a soft sigh and put the book down, “And yet you take him in?”
“Yea, so?”
“Most people wouldn't do that.”
“I'm not like most people.”
“I can see that,” Closing his book he stood up and it tucked away, “Well time to get back and give my report now.”
“Report?”
The ANBU Nin waved his hand in goodbye then disappeared in a cloud of white smoke. Leaving a puzzled Anko alone on the balcony.
“What are you doing out here?”
Anko turned around to see Naruto standing half asleep with a blanket clutched in one hand and the other covering his mouth as he yawned.
“Just getting some fresh air.”
“Oh.”
A low growl came from Naruto's stomach making Anko smile.
“Sounds like your hungry.”
“Yeah.”
“C'mon,” She said as she flicked him in the forehead, “ I think I have some stuff to eat.”
Walking inside her stomach gave a low growl, 'At least I Hope I do.'
Opening the refrigerator to her dismay, all there was a single container covered in foil. She grabbed it and lifted the foil and immediately closed it. What was inside that container, she did not know, and would rather prefer to not know. Replacing the it back into the refrigerator she went to the cupboards and searched through all of them.
“I can't believe I don't have a single thing to eat.” She moaned.
Naruto watched as Anko morn about not having food and looked at one unopened cupboard. His child curiosity got the better of him and opened it. In the cupboard were two hard plastic cups of noodles.
“Ramen.”
Anko stopped what she was doing and looked at Naruto.
“Ramen?” She repeated. Looking into the cupboard she saw the two cup of noodles, a bit dusty but other than that they looked fine.
Anko was surprised by his finding,“Heh, good job Naruto, I forgot about those.”
Grabbing the two cups she opened them and speculated that they were alright to eat. She got some water and heated it up with her flame jutsu. The jutsu is mainly used for offensive type situations but for this, she made an exception. By controlling how much chakra she put into the jutsu she could control the size of the flame and not burn down the whole apartment complex.
Naruto was watching Anko do her stuff and he was fascinated. After she was done she served Naruto and herself as they sat in the living room couch. The both of them made loud slurping noises as they enjoyed the ramen.
“You like it?” Asked Anko who was done eating.
“Mhm.” He hummed as he ate more. “Can you teach me that?”
“What? How to make Ramen?”
Naruto shook his head, “No that fire thing.”
“Not everyone can learn it.”
Naruto felt a bit disappointed by the news, and Anko could see it.
“But we can try.”
A big grin came across Naruto's face, “Really?!”
“Ya ya but you need to finish your food before we do anything.”
Naruto put his chop sticks down and basically drank everything of what was left.
'This kid is something else.'