Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Oh the Joys ❯ Zetsu and Hidan ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Naruto © Masashi Kishimoto

A/N: A day in the life of Zetsu.


Oh the Joys
I looked at the strange anomaly before me, wondering exactly how it could yell when clearly the head was...detached from his vocal cords.
“And stop staring at me like that! I ain't a circus act you know!” You'd figure that he would be grateful. I had been the one who dug him up (in bits and pieces). “Hey, are you listening to me? Put me back together already!”
I tilted my head to the side in confusion and I looked down to the head I cradled in my arms. How was I supposed to do that?
“Um...”
“Guh! You're such an idiot! Jaashin-sama, why did you send such an imbecile to me?” I might have taken great offense to that comment...if I cared. I could have left him and his colorful vocabulary right there. I didn't.
Instead, I took him-or as much of him I could manage at once-to a nearby brook and washed off the dirt, grime, and...was that blood? “Hey you! What do you think you're doing? You're getting me all wet!”
No shit, Sherlock. Oops! I accidentally dropped his head in the water. Eh, I'll pick him up later. If I remember. I continued washing off his left foot and pondered how any other people had found a fragmented man buried ten feet deep. Not many was my guess.
The washing took quite a while and it was late afternoon by the time I finished. Fortunately, the was enough sunlight left to sort him into groups. Torso, torso, leg, arm, other leg. I was fun putting him together, like solving a puzzle. When I finished, I saw that he was very tall, taller still if he had a head--
Oh my god, his HEAD! I stuck my arm into the icy water and retrieved the head by the hair.
“I'll kill you Zetsu!” Hidan just kept yelling, only slightly louder than before. I winced as my heightened ears were assaulted with some creative word pairings and phrases.
Oh the joys of being the Hunter-nin of Akatsuki.


A/N: I don't know what to say. Honestly, I don't. If you do, please say so in a review instead of to the computer screen. Otherwise, no one will hear you.