Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pleasant Mistake ❯ Pleasant Mistake ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Nope. Not me.
Note: SaiSaku fluffiness. I had the plot-bunnies disease the day I came up with this.
Nine-tailed Angel Projects:
Pleasant Mistake
 
He believed he'd heard it called `annoyance' in that book he'd read. The `feeling' you get when something doesn't work the way you want it to, or goes contrary to what you desire in any way. Possibly, that was what he was truly feeling for once.
A tiny trickle of blood was still running from the corner of Sakura's mouth as she treated a small flesh-wound on his shoulder. Their fight with some renegade nins had ended only a few minutes earlier, and ever since, she had been quietly healing their injuries. Hadn't bothered to heal her own, or even wipe away the blood that had now irritated him so. So there he sat, his eyes locked on the trickle of blood next to her lips. Occasionally, the young medic would look up at him, and something strange would cross her eyes. But he couldn't identify it from any of the books he'd read. It was as though several emotions were mixed together, so much so that he couldn't tell the one from the next, or from that which did proceed it. But as he continued to stare, he did notice when her body got closer to his.
He also noticed when her head tilted back a ways. But his eyes were still focused on that incessant trickle of blood. It only registered what she was about to do when her face was so close to his that his eyes absolutely insisted they snap up to meet hers before their lips met.
To describe it, there were no words, for such a sensation had never crossed him. Was this the `euphoria' that he'd heard of? `Bliss'? There had been many other words that echoed similar meanings, but were they the right ones to describe such a thing as what she was doing to him? Her lips moved against his, and as though of their own accord, they responded to her. Within a moment, though, she parted from him. Her beryl eyes seemed to sparkle… was that `laughter' within them, as his book had described?
“There. That should get you to stop staring.” He startled out of his reverie.
“That's not-!”
“Whatever, Sai. Just don't say anything.”
And the painter's mouth had snapped shut. After all, he was having a hard enough time trying to find words to say, anyway. He'd just wanted her to wipe that annoying drop of blood from her face. Inside, he almost laughed.
It was, after all, a `pleasant' mistake.