Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ reminiscence of his youth ❯ 1 ½ years old: A Crying Shame ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

reminiscence of his youth

1 ½ years old: A Crying Shame

By Beautiful Dreamer1

*Setting Iruka's home*

"…. Five years!" Naruto's could be heard from the kitchen, where Iruka was fixing the blonde boy's lunch.

'Why do they have to be so loud? I'm trying to sleep.' Sasuke whined to himself.

"Naturo, calm down. Hakago only said one of the cases lasted five years but some people, whom drunk the water of youth, returned to normal in a few days." Iruka stated.

"Well, don't expect me to baby-sit." Naruto frowned at the thought.

"I would be glad to baby-sit, little Sasuke!" Sakura cooed enthusiastically from Iruka's living room. It was now noon and Sakura had heard of the tragedy that fallen upon the young Sasuke, she quickly went to his aid after shaking off the shock that Naruto was telling the truth.

The banshee like noise fully awoken Sasuke out of his slumber. When Kakashi felt the baby wiggle in his arms, the silver haired ninja looked down to pint sized student. As Sasuke eyes slowly cracked open, he was met with an unfamiliar face. "It's… a…a…Cy… um… one-eyed monster." The Uchiha boy stammered in baby gibberish as Kakashi held him in his arms.

"Hey, there little guy." Sakura rushed over to tickle his chin. With Kakashi's one eye staring at him and Sakura's forehead looming above him, Sasuke felt trapped and scared. Gradually, he made his face and hands bunched up.

"Huh. I think there is something wrong with Sasuke." Sakura analyzed his facial features.

"He's probably just constipated. " Kakashi visible eye curled into a smile as he spoke. Sakura had to control herself from smacking her teacher but her attention was quickly drawn back to the baby, after a small sniffle signaled the eruption of terror.

Dogs howled….

Birds flew…

Glass shattered…..

Iruka accidentally snapped a china plate in half…

As little Sasuke felt out a murderous, ear piercing, shriek that sounded throughout Hidden Leaf village. In the center of the cry was Kakashi, who's eye widen and appeared to be frozen with surprise. Next, to the copy ninja was a cringing Sakura, who's pink hair seemed to standing on ends. Taken action, Sakura snatched Sasuke from her teacher's arm but it only result in the boy crying louder if that was even possible.

"Kakashi, what have you done?" Iruka popped his head into the other room.

"I have done nothing." Kakashi said.

"Liar! You had to do something!" Naruto accused him angrily, mostly because his meal was interrupted. Iruka rushed to get the Uchiha child from the pink haired girl. When Sasuke was put into Iruka's arms, the crying stopped to a reasonable level but it still unbearable.

"Maybe he's hungry." Iruka pondered out loud. "I'll go and buy a bottle for him… Naruto. Watch him until I get back. "

"Why can't you take him with you?" Naruto complained.

"If Sasuke continues to cry, it would disturb other people." Iruka quickly headed Sasuke to an unwilling Naruto. Once the balling child was placed into Naruto's arms, the cries ceased. All the occupants of the room looked at the dark eyed baby.

Somehow, Sasuke raised his little eyebrow and thought, "What?"