Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tadaima ❯ Tadaima ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I have none of the rights to Naruto. But if anyone has any influence with Kishimoto-sensei, I'd really like Neji for Christmas.
Note: This popped into my head a few days ago, and it was so hilarious the way I had it pictured that I just had to write it down. I hope it tickles your funny-bones as well! Okay, the slight fluff at the end was something I just couldn't resist… but I hope you like anyway.
Tadaima
Kyuubi Tenshi
 
It was quite amusing, really. Kakashi had insisted that Sasuke go greet Sakura and see if she was okay, since she was just getting back from her first S-rank mission, but he now found that this would be quite a display of entertainment. After all, Sakura had meant to kick her door shut, not kick it out. But the hilarity of watching the piece of wood crash into the wall of the building opposite her house and burst into a million pieces had nearly made his laugh. A colorful string of curses bounced through the nearly-deserted street from her door, and the few shinobi and various pedestrians that were there quickly dispersed to other parts of the city, a comment of “another bad one” heard from a random Chuunin that hurried by.
Sasuke stepped up to the door, wandering in on his own, and searching for his pink-haired teammate. Seemed she'd left in almost as bad a mood as she had returned; articles of clothing ranging from dirty training outfits to shocking pieces of silk lingerie were scattered and heaped haphazardly about the living room, trash and CDs and DVDs to be found mixed into the jumble. The only part of the room that wasn't a wreck was, quite unsurprisingly, the bookcase. The desk in the far corner was buried out of sight and mind by innumerable scrolled and medical supplies.
“Yo, Sakura… how was the-?”
“HORRIBLE! AWFUL! THE WORST PAIN IN THE A-(beep!) I'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH SINCE YOUR FIRST RETRIVAL ATTEMPT!” He leaned against the doorframe that led to the kitchen, watching as she crashed about in her pantry with no regard for any of her possessions. “Mou, taku! If it wasn't bad enough that I had to flirt with half a dozen sleaze-bags to get what I needed, I had to deal with four enemy Chuunin, two Jounin, and a nightmare's worth of blood a casualties! GRR!”
At this point, a canister of flour rocketed over the young woman's head, and the Uchiha had to make a dive for the other side of the kitchen to keep from being turned a pretty powder-white.
“And was that the end of it? NO! I had to dodge leftover renegade Oto forces on the way back, loaded down with three of my teammates! Did it end there? NO! I ended up dodging a volley of poisoned shuriken from a renegade ANBU I happened to remember from Mist! And could it end there? NO! I ran out of food and water on the way back, and of course there wouldn't be any decent game or a stream within 25 miles of where I happened to need it!”
She puffed heavily, a crazed and angered look in her eyes when she finally emerged from the pantry. He walked over and planted a kiss on the tip of her nose. The medic's shoulders went slack and she leaned against him.
“Tadaima.”