Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The New Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts is.... Hinata Hyuuga!? ❯ Durmstrang, Little Letters, and Some Interrupting Interruptions ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Title: The New DADA Teacher at Hogwarts is Hinata Hyuuga?
Chapter: 6 - Durmstrang, Little Letters, and Some Interrupting Interruptions
Author: VenusIsKnownForFlyTraps
Disclaimer: Alack! Neither of these lovely stories is mine.
 
“But Albus! You cannot be serious!” Minerva McGonagall cried loudly in the Headmaster's cozy little office. She sighed, looking down and twiddling her thumbs slightly. “I'm sorry; I shouldn't have implied such things.”
 
“No, no! It's quite alright, Minerva, I believe that everyone thinks that I have made a bad decision in appointing Miss Hyuuga as a professor here,” Albus Dumbledore said lightly, smiling admirably while his vivacious blue eyes twinkled in an almost worrying way.
 
“Well,” the Transfigurations professor paused uneasily, “if you don't mind me asking,” she hesitated again, “why, exactly, did you… choose… her to join our staff?”
 
Albus sighed, letting his façade crumble at his feet. “I was not aware at the time of her age or personality, only her schooling. Her resume says that she graduated as a foreign exchange student on some special program from Durmstrang Institute.” (1)
 
McGonagall stiffened. “Durmstrang? They are known to teach the Dark Arts there, Albus! Really! How could you trust that?”
 
Dumbledore frowned. “Don't worry, Minerva. Someone may not be evil, even if they seem to be. Look at Severus, for example.”
 
McGonagall held her tongue.
 
 
 
 
 
1234567890
 
The brand-spankin'-new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor looked at her recently received letter from the Hokage in shock, nearly unable to breathe.
 
She had received it about ten minutes ago, near the end of her last class of the day. It was a good day - Friday, the English called it - so she could train in the Forbidden Forest the next day and catch up on some paperwork, for both her clan and her current mission.
 
She had opted to not read the message during her class, as she thought that would be rude to her students, though she nearly cried at the lost opportunity to escape from her living nightmare for a few short moments to read the dreadfully short letter.
 
The letter was short, by every definition, and straight to the point in fine Kana and Kanji.
 
Hinata,
 
Due to Konoha's recent relationship with Suna, it has been decided that a skilled shinobi will aid you in your mission. They have chosen, in a peace offering, to allow Sabaku no Gaara to assist you as a teacher's subordinate. He has been given information that can help you control and strengthen the classes of scrawny little brats that you are in leadership of. He will be arriving on nichiyÅbi, so convince the leader of that academy to allow him to teach with you.
 
-Tsunade (2)
 
“Boy, this mission just keeps on getting better and better!”
 
 
 
 
 
1234567890
 
Snape sighed in aggravation. That infernal wench!
 
His schedule, which consisted of being a double spy for Dumbledore and Voldemort, had left him nearly no time to get close to the irking, frightened Defense professor, and his busy class schedule did not help either. He had almost not given out homework just because he didn't have any time to grade it! Blasphemy!
 
He had, fortunately, been able to hold his tongue just long enough to ask McGonagall if she knew anything about the strange, quiet teacher, to which she answered that she personally believed that the Hyuuga was not fit to teacher one bit, but that she had been a foreign exchange student in Durmstrang, to which he had added that he agreed that she would never be able to hold a class's attention and the students would walk all over her.
 
The part about Durmstrang, however, was interesting. Durmstrang Institute was known for teaching the Dark Arts, so she really could have the Dark Mark…
 
He tried not to think about it… another soul doomed for the rest of eternity… or otherwise.
 
Snape shook his head, turning a corner and stopping only briefly to take a rogue Hufflepuff's house points. (3)
 
He needed to speak with the Dark Lord immediately… He would know if this girl was evil or not, though Snape knew in the back of his mind that there was just no way that she could be. There was just so much innocence in her eyes. It was unbelievable. Even to Snape, someone who had seen very bright and very dim minds pass before him in his line of work, evil and pure, he had never seen someone with such untainted eyes, holding only compassion and sympathy.
 
He shook his head again, almost violently this time, right before entering the nearly empty Great Hall. More students would be pouring in soon for the last meal of the day, though the smarter ones knew how to get snacks from the kitchens.
 
He sat in his seat to the right of Septima Vector and to the left of Albus Dumbledore. Looking down the table to both sides of him, he saw that the infernal wench of his affections had still not arrived. She rarely did, he realized, slightly startled. The only days, he realized, that she had eaten in the Great Hall were the first day of school, and earlier that day at lunch, both of which she had been late to and had hardly eaten anything at.
 
She probably knows about the kitchens, he thought to himself, and instantly felt a little bit better.
 
 
 
 
 
1234567890
 
“Oh, you guys will not believe what happened!” Hermione exclaimed, shoving her way through the crowd to a spot beside Ron and across from Harry at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall at supper. (4)
 
“What?” Harry asked with true interest, not caring in the slightest that he had rudely cut off Ron's insane babble about his cheating girlfriend, who he still believed to be as faithful as a lap dog. Ron looked slightly hurt, and then looked to Hermione as well.
 
“I talked to Hyuuga today at lunch!”
 
“Oh no! Not that freak again! Don't we already get enough of her?”
 
“Ron!” Hermione and Harry snapped at him at the same time, and in response he just rolled his eyes like he really didn't care that he had interrupted. After all, Hermione had been being a real whine about his steady lately.
 
After a moment of non-apology, Hermione continued with her tale.
 
“Anyway, during lunch I went to go talk to her about what we are going to do for the rest of the year because she's been so horrible so far, remember? But when I got back to the Great Hall, she wasn't there, so I said to myself, `Self, she's probably just in her classroom; she's probably not that hungry right now.' So I went to her classroom and - tah-dah! - she's there! So I started asking her questions and stuff and she was soooo much different than how she normally is! She wasn't stuttering or anything and she seemed like a real grouch, and then after she told me to go back to where ever I had come from, she left! She walked away! Just like that!”
 
Ron snorted, going on about how Hermione thought everyone was terrible and how the young Hyuuga was a freak and a terrible teacher. Harry, however, thought about something slightly different while the two other members of the Golden Trio argued.
 
“WELL,” he interrupted them loudly, effectively getting their undivided attention, “what if she was just tired or hungry - Hyuuga probably just hadn't gone down to lunch yet or she had just had a really bad class of Slytherins or something. She's obviously not that mean.”
 
Hermione blushed, looking down, and Ron stiffened slightly, also glancing downward with a slight wince.
 
And, a long ways away, across rivers and oceans and forests and deserts alike, Sabaku no Gaara sighed, getting ready for his long, unearthly journey.
 
 
 
 
 
1234567890
 
(1)- You didn't expect Dumbledore to trust someone who never went to one of the major magical schools of Europe to teacher one of the most important classes at his school, did you?
 
(2)- How else am I gonna get your choice of hunk to Hogwarts? Sorry the letter sucks; I thought it should be more formal because it's an order. Oh, and nichiyÅbi means Sunday in Japanese.
 
(3)- There seem to be a lot of rogue Hufflepuffs roaming around Hogwarts, don't you think? >-< *smiley smiley*
 
(4)- Yes, I will spell Gryffindor differently in every single gosh-darned chapter if I want to, and I can guarantee that almost every time it will be spelt wrong. Take that!