Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Tango ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tango
Chapter Five
 
 
 
Hinata was surverying the room like a hungry predator looking for prey. Kiba smiled and tried to make conversation.
 
“So Hinata, what do you like to do?”
 
Hinata's head snapped to attention, “For f-fun? I like to read and I r-run with my c-cousin after work.” Hinata went back to looking around the restaurant.
 
“Hm…reading and running. Cool. Um…who exactly are you looking for?” Kiba asked smirking.
 
“Uh…uh…no one. I was just ad-da-admiring the restaurant.” Hinata blushed and looked down at her plate. “So what d-do you like t-to do f-for fun?”
 
“Dance. I love to dance. Actually I'm a professional dancer. That's why I didn't want to you to find out.”
 
“Actually I al-“ Hinata was cut off.
 
“Most girls don't like guys who dance. It supposedly makes them feel less feminine.” Kiba didn't hear Hinata.
 
“I can take your order now.” Sakura bounded up to the table.
 
“I'll have the Bourbon steak with French fries.” Kiba handed Sakura the menu.
 
“Baked or mashed potatoes?”
 
“Baked.”
 
“With all the toppings?”
 
“Yeah…Hinata?” Kiba looked at his date. She was glaring at Sakura. She turned her attention to him with a questioning look. “Aren't you going to order?”
 
“Oh…yeah. I'll h-have the b-blackened ch-chicken pasta.”
 
“Okay sounds good. I'll be back with your orders in a few.” With a wink, Sakura was off. Kiba had a growing suspicion that Hinata knew Sakura, instead of Hinata just being jealous of Sakura. Kiba drifted off in his own thoughts until he heard a song that he knew.
 
“Hinata-chan, this is my song. Let's dance.” Kiba stood from his chair and pulled Hinata up with him.
 
“Oh no, Kiba-san, I c-can't, That's why I'm t-taking dancing lessons from-“ Hinata mumbled
 
“Don't be silly. You won't get better lessons from anyone other than me.” Kiba dragged her to the dancefloor by the fountain. A few other couples were dancing.
 
“I am taking lessons- Oh!” Hinata's foot caught on the edge of the dance floor tripping her and sending her straight into Kiba's arms.
 
 
(Tenten and Neji)
 
 
“Tenten, do you see that?” Neji turned Tenten to face the dance floor. “The jerk has his hands all over her.”
 
“Neji, calm down. One, they're dancing. Two, it looks like Hinata just tripped. Three, any guy who caught her is a gentleman. I think this Kiba is a pretty good guy.” Tenten's words were lost upon Neji, who was already standing up and pulling Tenten to the dance floor. “Neji, what're are we doing?”
 
“Dancing.” Neji pulled Tenten to him. Tenten looped her arms around Neji and moved to the music.” Tenten's words were lost upon Neji, who was already standing up and pulling Tenten to the dance floor. “Neji, what're are we doing?”
 
“Dancing.” Neji pulled Tenten to him. Tenten looped her arms around Neji and moved to the music.” Tenten's words were lost upon Neji, who was already standing up and pulling Tenten to the dance floor. “Neji, what're are we doing?”
 
“Dancing.” Neji pulled Tenten to him. Tenten looped her arms around Neji and moved to the music.
 
 
(Hinata and Kiba)
 
 
“Oomph. Hinata, I knew you liked me, but falling for me already. That usually doesn't happen until the second date.” Kiba gave a little laugh.
 
“Kiba-san, I'm s-so s-sorry. I d-didn't mean to.”
 
“Don't worry, Hinata. I was joking. Now dance with me.” Kiba straigtened the girl out, and wrapped her arms around him. Hinata was blushing profusely. “Move with me,” Kiba whispered in her ear. Hinata's body was pressed up against his, and Kiba slowly rocked his hips from side to side following the smooth Latin beat that was playing through the stereo. Hinata let out a small “eep” and tried to follow. “Don't think so hard. Just let the music move your body.” Hinata let out a small breath and relaxed in Kiba's arms.
 
 
(Neji and Tenten)
 
 
“Neji, I think you should be worrying now. Hinata is kind of all over Kiba, and Kiba's hand is wandering a little low.” Tenten nervously chattered away at the closeness. `Chill out, Tenten. This is Neji. It's not that hard to talk right,' Tenten thought.
 
“Hinata's a big girl; she can handle herself,” Neji growled in Tenten's ear. `Oh my gosh, did Neji just growl in my ear.'
 
“I'm not so sure I can handle myself with you,” Tenten said in a sultry voice. `Did I just say that?' Neji grinned and spun Tenten around.
 
“Don't worry, I'll behave myself.” Neji pulled Tenten close. Their faces were only inches apart.
 
“I'm not so sure,” Tenten said and closed the space between them.
 
 
(Hinata and Kiba)
 
 
“Oh.”
 
“Hinata, is something wrong?” Kiba pulled away and looked at the girl in his arms. She was pointing to another couple.
 
“Kiba-san…I…uh…my c-cousin is over there k-kissing m-my best friend,” Hinata said. Kiba looked at the couple.
 
“Most of the time, I would say that was random, but that actually explains a lot,” Kiba said laughing. This caused the two people to pull away and look.
 
“Oh hey, Hinata,” Tenten said sheepishly. She hit Neji lightly on the shoulder to get his attention on his cousin instead of her.
 
“Hello, Hinata.”
 
“What a-are you g-guys doing here?” Hinata stomped over, unconsciously dragging Kiba along.
 
“Dancing, can't you tell?”
 
“Don't pl-play coy with m-me! You said you g-guys weren't g-going to spy on me!”
 
“Well, we regret it now. We were here, just in case you weren't having fun. But it looks to me like you guys are having a ball,” Neji said eyeing Hinata's hand still laced with Kiba's. Hinata followed his eyes and let out a small “eep” before letting go. Kiba just grinned and stuck out his hand.
 
“Hi, I'm Kiba Inuzuka.”
 
“I'm Neji Hyuuga, her cousin.” Neji took his hand politely.
 
“And I'm Tenten, one of the best friends.” Tenten gave a little wave.
 
“It was nice meeting you, Inuzuka-san. I hope you and Hinata's relationship will be healthy and polite. Now if you excuse me, I believe our dinner is here.” Neji pulled Tenten away to their table. Tenten smiled with a little wave.
 
Kiba turned to Hinata, “It's too bad the song is over. Our food is here. Do you mind if we take it somewhere else?” Hinata didn't know where he was going to take her, but she let him know that she didn't mind. Kiba grinned and pulled her back to the table.
 
“How was your dance?” Sakura asked smiling.
 
“You c-can cut the charade n-now, Sakura. I saw Tenten and n-Neji.” Hinata said.
 
“Well then, hi, I'm Sakura, one of Hinata's best friends.” Sakura stuck out her hand. Kiba took it.
 
“I'm Kiba Inuzuka. Do you think it would be rude of me if I asked for some doggy bags for this?” Kiba gestured to the food.
 
“No, of course not. I'll be right back,” Sakura picked back up the food and went to the back. Soon she came back with two Styrofoam boxes in a plastic bag and a blonde on her arm.
 
“Hi, I'm Ino, the last of the friends.” Ino waved and Kiba gave a grin.
 
“Well, I guess you know I'm Kiba, and now I know who to come to for finding out what Hinata likes best.” Ino and Sakura nodded, and Hinata blushed. Kiba paid for the food and they went outside.
 
“Where are w-we going?” Hinata asked.
 
“My favorite place.” Kiba lead her to his bike. He put the food in the basket in the back and looked Hinata up and down. “You'll be fine in that dress, but you're going to have to lose the sandals.” He pointed to the flip-flops.
 
“Okay.” Hinata slipped them off and handed them to Kiba, who put them under the food. He handed her an extra helmet that he kept under the seat. Kiba sat on his bike, and instructed for Hinata to straddle the bike, and tuck the hem of her dress under her. Hinata complied.
 
“Now, put you arms around my waist.” It was a simple request that made Hinata blush. Her arms slowly snaked their way around his waist. “Good, now hold on tight.” Kiba started the throttle and took off. They tore through the streets of the good-looking Upper District, past the middle wage houses, into the slums. Hinata was beginning to worry. Then he took a turn and stopped in front of an abandoned looking apartment building. Hinata got of the bike, and was ready to run, when Kiba said, “This is where I used to live. It has an amazing view. I thought you'd rather eat dinner up there, then back at the restaurant with people watching.” Hinata relaxed and nodded her head. “Good let's go.” Kiba gave her shoes and grabbed the food and the walked up to the building. The walked to the fire escape where Kiba pulled down the ladder.
 
“Are y-you sure this is s-safe?” Hinata asked. Kiba looked at her and grinned.
 
“Nothing in life is safe, Hinata-chan,” Kiba said walked up the steps. Hinata looked after him for a while, then took a breath and followed him. She followed him to the top. “Welcome to my hideout.” Hinata was in awe. It was so beautiful. The apartment building was set upon a hill that overlooked the rest of the city and the bay. The building towered over the water, causing the blurred reflections in the water to look like stars.
 
“It's beautiful.” Hinata walked over to the old picnic table where Kiba was sitting. He laid out his jacket over the bench for him and Hinata to sit.
 
“I knew you'd like it. I used to sit up here at night and just think about life. My sister would sometimes find me up here wrapped up in a blanket sleeping.”
 
“It is p-peaceful.”
 
 
 
To Be Continued…
 
Author's Note: I know a lot of people read this story, and it pains me to see that I've got only one review. So please, if you like this story please review, because that is what powers me to write more.