Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unpredictable ❯ Toxins ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Both blue eyes met for an instant, but they quickly looked away. It was funny in some sense how they had both ended up tied to trees facing each other. It all started a couple of hours earlier. Naruto was getting back from one of his solo missions in the wind country when he came face to face with the Akatsuki bomber, Deidara.
They were meters apart, but they easily recognized each other. At first, neither of the blond boys moved, they just looked at each other carefully, coming up with a plan against the other. Simultaneously, they both walk towards each other, only focused on their objective. Suddenly, a gas bomb was thrown in the middle of them which apparently contained some kind of sleeping potion because they both fell asleep and woke up tied, facing each other.
Not a word has been spoken since they both woke up. They are just there, wondering how it all happened.
“How long did we sleep?” Naruto asks, being the first to break the silence.
“I woke up first than you and it was still dark so I'm guessing about 9 hours, un,” Deidara answered. “I can't believe I was so focused on you, I let myself be caught.”
Naruto blushed. “I think the same,” he said. “So, have you seen who did this to us?”
“No, but I'm sure they are after me and not you, yeah,” he answered. “I have no idea with what, but they covered the mouths in my hand with some fiber I keep chewing on but won't break.”
Naruto inspected the area and pulled a little on the ropes around his wrists. “Let's make a deal,” Naruto suddenly said. Deidara looked at him carefully. “I know how to set us free, but if you want me to untie you too, I want you to come back to Konoha with me.”
“Psht, yeah right!” Deidara spat. “So basically, un, I stay here and die or go with you and die.”
“No,” Naruto spoke. “I'll make a deal with the Hokage to spare your life! She's isn't as coldhearted as she seems, I really think she would wont sentence you to death or anything like that. And if she does, I'll help you escape. I give you my word!”
Deidara looked carefully into Naruto's blue eyes; they were bright and confident, showing something he hadn't seen in a long time, honesty. Maybe he could trust him. And well, he had to admit, leaving Akatsuki was something he wanted to do since Sasori had died. Its not that he hated Tobi, its just that he was afraid something might happen with him, just like it happen with his danna. “You promise?”
“I never go back on my word!” Naruto said with a smile.
“Okay, so what's your brilliant plan, hn?”
“I'll use my wind chakra to cut it!” Naruto replied. “But, it will take sometimes since I'm not used to getting it to my wrists.”
“Then start with it now, yeah, before whoever captured us comes back!” Deidara hollered.
“I already started, before I even told you,” Naruto said with a smile.
Deidara looked at him, his eyes were closed, he was deeply concentrated in breaking the rope. Inside his head, Deidara still wondered if he could trust him, but something even stronger and deeper told him that he could, that Naruto would keep his word.
Sooner than he expected, Naruto freed himself and walked towards Deidara. “Let's see,” he said as he put on a gas mask. “It seems it's covered with some kind of sticky red substance, I'll untie you and later on we can figure out what it is.”
Deidara nodded. “Why the mask?”
“I figured these guys like to work with toxins, so it's better to be cautious in case there are traps,” Naruto explained as he cut the rope around Deidara's wrists.
He tried to lift his hands, but they were too heavy. “Whatever this is, I think it's poisoning me, un,” Deidara said. “I can barely feel my arms and my legs are numb.”
Naruto took one of Deidara's arms and placed it around his neck, then he wrapped his arm around his waist. “Let's get going, before something worst happens to you.”
Deidara smiled as he noticed the effort Naruto was putting into having him safe, but that smile quickly faded away when he remembered the jinchuuriki just wanted him alive so he could be interrogated in Konoha. That he didn't really care about him, he just needed him in order to find the rest of Akatsuki.
“We're here,” Naruto announced.
Deidara looked forward and saw the gates of Konoha. He had been so consumed into his thoughts that he had lost notion of time and his doom was just in front of him.
--
Yes I know, another one. But this one is my last series. I mean for now, until I finish one and begin another. Anyways, I just had to write a NaruDei/DeiNaru (I still haven't decided). They are just the ultimate ukes and I just had to put them together.
I have great plans for the story. Dramatic plan!
Comments would be awesome! Also, if you could tell me if you prefer DeiNaru or NaruDei would really help me a lot.
Want me to write a one-shot for you? I can write almost whatever you like!! Just send me your email through here or send it to my own email kamz.caicedo@hotmail.com I swear I don't spam!! I hate those imbeciles. Anyways, once I have it I'll send you a form with some simple rules and some questions like what do you want it to be about.