Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Way of the Shinobi ❯ Enter: Hokage ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
The crimson sun hung loosely over an empty meadow.

"Katon: Karyuu Uzu no jutsu (Fire style: Fiery Swirl technique)!" A young male's voice cried out, as a blast of fire shot from his mouth. It corkscrewed in midair, and smashed itself into a tree.

The male, whom had just finished using the jutsu, stood in front of the now burning tree and took a deep breath. He stood at a rather large height; six feet and two inches. This, in combination with his lack of body fat, gave him a slender appearance. He had messy brown hair, which had multiple bangs hanging in his emerald eyes. The bangs on the side of his face extended past his chin, and ended only once they reached the middle of his neck. His tanned hands briefly touched his left eye; specifically the scar which ran down it. He wore an open jean jacket, which had a furry hood attached to it. Beneath the jean jacket, a bright orange, v-cut shirt covered his chest. His legs were also covered, by light blue pants, which matched his jean jacket.

"Time to practice my Wallace clan jutsu..." The male, his last name revealed to be Wallace, stated. With that, his emerald eyes turned crimson, and his pupils became vertically silted. "Dragon eyes..." The male whispered the name of the technique he was using. "And now time to transf-" He began, before being cut off by another male's voice.

"Hokage-sama!" The voice cried, before another body landed. The person was rather tall, although he was shorter than the other young male. He also appeared to be older; early to mid 20's at first glance. His jet-black hair was kept in a topknot, which matched the facial hair above his lip and on his chin, as well as on the side of his face. He bore a black kimono, with matching hakama. In all actuality, he appeared to be more of a samurai than a shinobi.

"What do you want Brady? Don'tcha see I'm training here?" The young male, also known as the Hokage asked.

"Actually, sir, I don't 'see' anything." Brady responded, matter of factly. "In any case, this letter just came from the Raikage." He continued, digging within the obi, which held his hakama up, and withdrew a letter. He held it extended, waiting for the Hokage to take it from him.

"Can't you just read it to me?" The Hokage whined.

"...No, I can't 'just read' it to you." Brady replied. His gray and pupiless eyes were staring toward the Hokage rather dully.

"...Ah right, you're blind. I'm sorry." The Hokage muttered, before taking the note out of Brady's hands. He read it out loud. "Nick Wallace, the eighteen year old Hokage. You are formally requested to attend a Kage meeting held at the Oto meeting hall. Please come as soon as possible so that we may start quickly. Thank you, and goodbye." Nick read, as he burned the note using his chakra. "Well, I better get my Kage robes from my office." Nick muttered, as he vanished in a swirl of burning leaves.

"...A 'goodbye' would have been lovely." Brady muttered, leaving the training area.

Nick appeared in an office, which caused multiple papers, which had been sitting on a desk toward the back of the room to fly off in the air. They scattered along the floor, adding only further clutter to it. "...Damn it." Nick muttered, before walking to the right top corner of his room. A small closet sat there, and it was there that Nick withdrew his Kage robes from. He flung the snowy colored robe over top of him, and took the large red and white hat in his hand. He placed it on his head, letting the fire symbol on his head stick out proudly. He then walked over to a window, opening it and began to take off. First, he glanced back and took a look at a picture, which was sitting on his desk.

On the picture, three teenagers were posed in various positions. A younger Nick was in the middle of the three; throwing the peace symbol out. A young female with raven black hair, and crimson eyes stood on the right of Nick. Her arms were folded, but she was smiling none-the-less. Finally, on the left of Nick, a young male with amber eyes and brown hair stood sticking his tongue out. Nick smiled at the picture, before diving out the window and vanishing in a swirl of burning leaves