Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ We Shall Meet Again ❯ The Beginning of The End ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Beginning of The End


She stands alone in the center of a burned out town.

Holding one Shuriken in her hand, she glanced at the ruined and blackened condition of the street.

A street sign, bent and weathered confirmed that she stands at the corner of the Hachi Konoha Street. Further in were the abandoned ruins of the shops.

The sky is clouded by the color of blood.

The air and the earth are washed clean of colors.

Buildings, abandoned vehicles and trash are a shadowed shade of gray.

In the silence, the wind moans softly as it whips down the empty streets. Smell of blood filled the air. Blood stained corpse are scattered everywhere.

Fear, captured her mind. She began to run. Shadows in the dark are hunting her. She can never stop running because they will never stop hunting her.

She tripped over a body and fell. Panicky, she scrambled to her feet and pushed away the ragged body, only revealing more of its identity.

It was the body of her beloved husband. His body was covered with blood. His face. His face was a mess. His left eye was nothing but a hollow socket. His right eye was stretched wide opened, unclosed.

She tried to utter out a cry, but she failed. Nothing managed to come out from her dried throat.

Sliding into her denial defense mechanism, she continues running, refused to accept what she had seen.

After running for God knows how long, she again stumbled on another body.

Her pulse was beating rapidly, as if the heart will bump out any minute. She panted heavily.

Stretching out her shaky hand, she turned the body around.

This time, it was the body of her beloved father. His eyes were opened wide. Both of his hands still hold a death gripped on the katana that stabbed through his throat.

Suddenly, a dried crocket hand reached out from her back trying grab her neck.

She screamed.

Everything went black.


Haruno Sakura awoke with a cry.

Tearing at the enemies that were no longer there, thrashing beneath the thick blanket she had thrown over herself.

She ceased her struggle and lurched to a sitting position.

Sakura sat staring into space, coming back from her dream, regaining her sensed of place and time.

Her breathing was quick and uneven. Her pulsed pounded in her ears.

It was like this most of the time. She would dream and then awake in the middle of her dreams. Nothing was different tonight.

It was like this since the death of Kakashi.

It was like this since the death of Haruno Keisuke.

Her mind was in a mess.

Sakura turned aside and buried her face in her pillow to search for a small measure of comfort and tranquility.

Sucking in a deep breath, all she could sense was her own sweet scent. Exhaling heavily, she sighed.

How she had missed Kakashi's fresh scent.

How she had missed his warmth body.

How she had missed.

Sakura reached up her hand to the table stand and grabbed the clock.

It was 3.12 a.m.

Dropping her head on her soft pillow, she knew this would be another restless night.

Sakura didn't even made an effort to try sleeping in. She gave up trying after mass failure.

She pulled away her warmth blanket, exposing her skinny body. The sudden changed in temperature caused her to shiver a little.

She walked towards her cupboard and pulled out a black T-shirt. She slides it down her head, adding another layer of fabric upon her white cotton nightgown.

The hem of the T-shirt fell to her knees. This particular T-shirt out sized Sakura, leaving clear evidence that it does not belong to her.

It used to be Kakashi's favrourite T-shirt, now being Sakura's favrourite.

Sakura tugged on her shirt and moved towards the living room.

She sat on the gray crouch beside the fire pit. Seeking temporarily warm from it.

She sank her body deeper into the soft crouch, allowing it to swallow her timid body frame.

Her arms glided up her body, hugging tightly across her chest. She inhaled a deep breath. Her grips tightened up.

This was how Kakashi used to hold her from behind when both of them were sitting on the crouch exchanging sweet talks.

She remembered how Kakashi used to whisper in her ears. His voice was hypnotizing. She used to find her self sinking into his soft whispers, losing her sense of reality.

Sakura released her gripped, leaving behind an obvious red mark on each fragile arm.

What is left when your body and soul were no longer complete?

Nothing.

Sakura turned her head, admiring the scene in front of her. The fire in the fire pit crackled and snapped at the wood, letting out a dim glow.

She admired the way fire crackled; creating beautifully contrasted colors in the air and dimmed out in a spilt second.

It was just like the life of a shinobi in Konoha.

It had been two years since Ino discovered Kakashi's body in the forest.

It had been half a year since she herself discovered her father's assassinated body in her parent's house, along with her mother's broken body.

Her mother had survived. But nothing was left in her except her broken soul.

Those bastards who killed her father humiliated her mother in the worst way ever.

Sakura's hands turned into a tight fist.

Those bastards.

The assassinators were later captured by Anbu elites and ended their pathetic lives under the swift of the Katana.

Sakura always thought they deserved more. More blood and wounds before they die. They died too easily.

Her mother failed to recognize her ever since the tragic event happened half a year ago. Haruno Yumi was sustained in the Medic building for her unstable emotions and hysterical outburst.

Sighed.

Since Kakashi had left her. Since her father had left her. Her mother. The only person left in this world, which she loved. She didn't even recognize her. How pathetic.

Sometimes, Sakura would wonder. Why was she still holding on? What is left for her to hold on to?

Yet she knew the reason she was still holding on no matter how tough fate had worked its way on her. Her promised to Kakashi.


She was lying in the bed. Twisting and turning. She can't seem to find a comfortable position to fall asleep.

Suddenly, Kakashi's tough hand sneaked up her waist and pulled her tightly against his bare chest.

She buried her face into his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. She loved to stick her ears on his chest. His heartbeat made her felt secure.

Kakashi's fingers drew small and soft circles on her waist, causing her to tremble by his tender touch.

She lifted up her head and finding her self melting into Kakashi's gentle gazed.

He released one of his hands on her waist and lifted up her chin. He used his other hand to pull her closer to him. He nibbled on her soft lips, savoring her taste and deepened their kiss.

She hugged him tightly around the neck and both of them broke off the seemingly everlasting kiss before they become the first record holder for dying of suffocation due to long lasting kisses.

They remained intact in the same position. Both breathing heavily. She can feel his warm breath on her face.

She felt her self drifting off. The goddess of sleep was calling out for her.

"Hey Sakura." Kakashi's voice reached her from a seemingly distant land.

"Hmm?" She managed to utter a little response.

"Promised me. No matter what happen in the future, you must carry on your life. No matter how lonely you feel or how painful you feel to live, you must promise me you will carry on and live your life to the fullest. Can you promise me?"

Failed to obtain a response, Kakashi gave her a light shake.

"Sakura?"

She snapped open her foggy eyes difficultly and smiled to him.

"I promised."

Kakashi hugged her tighter and both of them drifted off to their lala land with a contented smile played upon their lips.


“ RAMEN! RAMEN! RAMEN! RAMEN! RA….”

The awfully loud sound ended abruptly when Sakura managed to rush into her room with Olympic speed and snapped off the alarm clock.

She chuckled lightly. It was an alarm clock given by Naruto on her twentieth birthday.

She had continued using it because it was the most effective alarm clock she had ever come across with.

Never a day she was late for her work ever since she received this present from Naruto. Though in the past, Kakashi used to be super annoyed by this so called by him 'freaky ass clock'.

Sighed.

Too much memory to dwell with. The sweet and bitter.

Sakura looked at the clock on her hand. 6.15 a.m.

Time had passed so fast yet seems so slow.

It was time for her to get ready her day.

Sakura took a quick bath and changed into her medic uniform.

With a piece of bread in her mouth, she brushed her hair and took off from the window, disappearing into the dawn sky. Leaving a few thread of pink locks waltzing in the chill air of her room.

A pale yet firm hand appeared suddenly out of nowhere. The hand gripped tightly, catching the pink locks before they answer the call of gravity.

A figure slowly materialized from the shadow.

The owner of the hand lifted the pink locks closed to his mouth and sucked in a deep breath.

'Sakura.'


TBC

Reviews are appreciated!