Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What Love Means ❯ Past Memories Remembered and Never Forgotten ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

What Love Means
Chapter 1
Past Memories Remembered and Never Forgotten
 
 
If they understood, what he was going through they wouldn't be so quick to judge him. They did anyway. He was the little Uchiha boy. The poor child that lost everything in one fatal night. Sasuke Uchiha, the last of his clan. The only survivor of the Uchiha massacre, but he wasn't the last. There was one other left but no one dared utter the name in fear of how Sasuke would react. The name of his brother. The Prodigy of the clan, Itachi Uchiha, the kinslayer.
 
It was Sasuke's past; it was the brutal truth of his life. Now he was an Avenger and he was going to exact his revenge against the only man he had ever admired. The only person he had ever loved with every ounce of his soul. His own flesh and blood, the one that would stand on his side, making people notice him when no one cared. Itachi was his past, but continued to haunt him in both his dreams and waking thoughts.
 
Itachi was a memory that was a sharp thorn in his side. Sasuke would have done anything to remove it but the only way he knew how was to take the life of his last bloodline. He wasn't going to back down no matter how he had idolized his precious aniki. That was in the past, lost memories to festering hatred that now engulfed his bleeding heart. He needed to avenge his clan, get the revenge needed to make him whole once more. To bring the pain in his body to absolution. Then he could move on with his life and maybe become the man he was supposed to be.
 
He highly doubted that though. Itachi wasn't here. He never say the man, it had been over five years since he last spoke to his niisan, seen his aniki. He remembered clearly, what happened that day, but he would give anything to forget it.
 
He never wanted to forget his Aunt and Uncle, their little shop on the corner that he past daily. He didn't want to forget his cousin, Shisui Uchiha, Itachi's best friend. He didn't want to forget the games they played when he was young or the free time Shisui would spend training him.
 
Most of all he never wanted to forget his parents. He could still see his mother in the kitchen, slaving over the stove to get dinner done before his father would come through the front door at seven. He didn't want to forget the smile that Mikoto wore on her face when he would come into the kitchen after school. She always made him sit to have a cup of tea. She would put everything on simmer that was on the stove and sit across from him. She would talk to him about his day until he was finished with his tea.
 
He never wanted to forget how she would force him to endure through her mother instincts, as she would apply salve to his wounds and bandage them up when he had trained too hard. She would always give him a hug and kiss on his cheek before sending him on his way. He had hated when she did that. He always felt like she was treating him like a child even though he was but not he wished that he had appreciated it more. Now that is was gone, he would never experience them ever again.
 
He would never forget the words spoken to him for the very first time. The three words he had longed to hear his father speak to him and him alone. He had heard them spoken to Itachi so many times and had learned to resent the statement with all of his being.
 
That's my boy!
 
Why had it been so hard for Fugaku to say them to him? Was he not as worthy as Itachi? Was there something defected about him that he didn't deserve such words? He had no idea why it had taken his father so long to say those words to him. When he did though, Sasuke had felt that everything was going to be okay.
 
He would never forget the first serious conversation he had with his father and how he had learned so much about him. He had also learned more about the Sharingan. That's when he found out about the Mangekyou. Well, the name but that was all. If he would have known then what he knew now. He would have pre-warned his father. He would have told everyone, but he had been so ignorant… and blind.
 
He wanted to forget Itachi though. Everything seemed to be a reminder of his niisan and he hated it. He wished he could forget the compassion, understanding, love and time he had spent with him. He wished he could get the image of the man's smiling face out of his head. That gorgeous smile that was reserved for him and him alone. He wanted to forget all the stormy nights that he slept secure and safe in his brother's arms. The warmth and comfort that seeped into his body as his niisan wrapped around him, making him so happy to be close to the one that he admired and loved so very much. He needed to forget it so badly. He hated how it haunted him.
 
All the memories of the way he and his brother use to be before the tragedy. How he felt about his brother deep down inside. He wanted to forget all about falling in love with the older Uchiha at the age of eight. He hated Itachi for putting him in such a position. Why did he have to leave him with a past full of blood and slaughter? Why did Itachi leave him with only faint memories of his family?
 
Sasuke rose from his bed as he walked to his open window to look out into the night sky. He would never follow in the footsteps of Itachi. He would never be a cold-blooded killer like his brother. Itachi was dead to him and would never be anything more then a distant memory. His brother didn't exist to him. The man left in his place was a killer. The man he fell in love with was the past. The man now was his archenemy.
 
A tear slipped down his cheek from the corner of his eye and he wiped it away harshly. How could a man so dead to him still cause him so much pain? How could a man that was even in his life anymore still be with him every second of every day?
 
He wishes he could forget the night, that one fateful night that destroyed his whole childhood and left him broken inside. He never wanted the nightmares to come back but they did. Every time he fell asleep, they would filter through and make him wake up in a cold sweat with more hatred building within his heart. He knew he could never escape them. They forever would be with him making him relive his past and memories over again. The nightmares would force him to experience his brother's love, his betrayal once more, like a fucking horror movie, which someone had put on repeat.
 
He felt his knees grow shaky as more of the pain infiltrated his body and heart. He allowed himself to sink to the floor with his back pressed against the wall just under the window. He leaned his head back as more tears followed the first before he was able to stop them, even though he didn't really try. This was the only time he could grief over his past. This was the only time he could weep over his memories, when it was just him in his room, late at night. He would never let anyone see him so pathetic and defeated. He was an Uchiha and he would uphold that name, showing that he was not weak just as his clan wasn't weak.
 
Or were they? For them to be slaughtered by one man, even though Itachi was a very talented Shinobi. How could a thirteen-year-old boy destroy a whole clan? A clan that had the reputation of being one of invincible. It made no sense to Sasuke even if Itachi was the Prodigy but this was something he really didn't want to think about. He wanted to forget the unforgivable deeds of his horrific brother. Itachi Uchiha was just a memory, his brother was the past. Now the man was an S-class rogue ninja that Sasuke was going to destroy.
 
He wiped away the tears, no more coming to his eyes. He slowly rose to his feet making his way to his desk. He picked up the only memory he had left of his parents. They had taken a photo as a family when Sasuke was seven. He was standing in front of his mother with his father on his right side. Part of the picture was burned where Itachi would have been on his left because he wanted to forget the man. Even though Itachi wasn't in the portrait, he was still remembered. Sasuke still looked at it and saw his niisan. Once again, a memory that haunted him.
 
He placed the frame face down on the hard wood desktop. He turned away staring at his bed afraid to lay down to drift off to the dreamland already knowing what is waiting for him and it was getting worst lately. It uses to happen maybe once every few months. He was now getting them every night. He didn't understand why but he didn't like it. He was lagging in his training and Kakashi-sensei was pushing him harder because of it. He knew the Shinobi was frustrated with him. Still the man didn't press for details. He respected Sasuke's personal space. That didn't mean he made training any easier on him. No, he made the day tougher and pushed him to the point of exhaustion.
 
Sasuke finally got the courage to make his way over to his bed. He pushed the blankets aside and crawled in. He pulled them back up to the point they were practically covering his head. It took him quite a while before he finally couldn't fight his eyes from growing heavy and closing all together. The nightmares did come as he had feared. The past and memories that he never wanted to remember. The images of his brother that he so desperately wanted to forget!
 
 
 
TBC….
 
 
Kitty- I did this piece for another club I joined on Y! Gallery called 30 Forbidden Fruits. It takes 30 words and you write or draw a pic based on those words. The words I used in this fic were
PAST
MEMORY
FORGET
REMEMBER
NEVER.
I hope you all liked it.