Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ When fate spits on you ❯ An old dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Most little girls sit and daydream of their wedding day.
 
How perfect it will be, what they will wear and who they will marry. Then of course they picture their `perfect' life afterwards having children and being a good mother and they live happily ever after.
 
These are the universal dreams of most little girls.
 
Sakura Haruno was no different.
 
She too wished to one day be a wife and have beautiful Uchiha children -Sasuke's of course. The only alteration she would make would be that she would be a kunoichi first and would be powerful.
 
However fate was not kind, and often mused that she must have been truly evil in her past life to deal with the repercussions karma had dealt her now.
 
At the tender age of eighteen Sakura Haruno was now only known as the `interrogation specialist from Konoha'.
 
An agonizing scream was heard from the man chained to the ceiling in front of her. He had nothing to lean on; the chains were hanging from the center of the room cutting deeper into his already raw wrists. The only light that was given was from the fireplace on the east wall that was currently heating the newest sebon needles she bought that would be going in his flesh soon.
 
The man was probably a few years older than her, his build was that of any shinobi, lean, taunt but strong. Strength and pride was what had kept him here for the last four days under the attentive eye of his torturer and not put out of his misery. Two days was her longest case and he was starting to wear on her nerves, especially when he contained valuable information.
 
He wore nothing but his blood and weapons that were still in his body. She learned early on that when people were naked they felt even more vulnerable and it was her job to make them feel completely defenseless before interrogating.
 
A gloved black hand slapped his face moving his bloody hair to the side. The remaining eye opened and almond met turquoise. “I told you,” he murmured, split lips unmoving as he tried to find enough moisture in his mouth to make his tongue move.
 
“I know perfectly well what you said bastard,” she started back “But what I'm telling you is that you have to know something about their base when you worked for them for almost a whole year!”
 
“I know nothing.” He began coughing, droplets of blood landing on her black mesh top as well as on her pale flesh that glowed in the firelight. “I just found scrolls…….on my……doorstep.”
 
She punched his empty eye socket, “Listen to me you son of a bitch, if you don't tell me where the hell Sasuke is I'll make this go on for the rest of your life!”
 
The shinobi's chains rattled under the new weight as his legs gave out.
 
He had fallen unconscious again.
 
Fighting the urge to reach up and grab her hair and pull it out she instead walked towards the table near the fireplace looking for the sebon needles.
 
The click of her boots echoed in the empty, large, drafty room as she moved about as a new shadow on the stone walls distorted by the fire. She pulled down the mask she now wore around the lower half of her face like her sensei had once done six years ago.
 
After Kakashi's death she figured someone had to `take after' him in a way. She was the only remaining member of Team Seven in Konoha, so she donned his mask the day after his name had been engraved on the memorial stone.
 
She breathed in damp air, despite having been wearing the mask for three years now she still was not use to it. The only time she removed the mask was to bathe and eat, and that was only done in the vicinity of her own apartment. Everytime she pulled it down she was reminded of her sensei and the days when team seven would work together to take a peek at his face.
 
She saw it once.
 
She'd been there in the emergency room trying to save his life that was bleeding out of his body along with Tsunade the night of the second raid.
 
And when Tsunade had finally told her to stop trying, she stopped to look into the eyes of the man who played such an important role in her life.
 
His eyes were lifeless.
 
With strength she never knew she possessed she brought her bloody hand up to close his eyes and then dragged her hand lower and pulled down his mask.
 
It was an odd feeling to finally have something you'd always wanted but felt no satisfaction from.
 
That was what she felt that day.
 
It was all wrong.
 
Sasuke, Naruto and she together were supposed to have seen it.
 
And Kakashi was still supposed to be alive when they did so.
 
She didn't cry at the table. Putting her crimson hands into her white med coat she walked out calmly out of the ER planning on how to kill the person who had caused her so much loss.
 
Unfortunately, she was never good at thinking of ways to hurt Saskue.
 
AN: Okay love it hate it?? Let me know. There should only be one more part to this, maybe two.
 
And now I'm off to it!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of its characters.